Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
smileysharad

Brexit!

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Have you actually read the manifesto and marketing stuff lol

I didn't say both sides weren't culpable, but it wasn't a proper debate. That seems to have happened afterwards. 

Screenshot 2019-09-10 at 12.17.18.png

But didn't the Labour Party say in their 2017 manifesto that would deliver as the public wanted and leave the EU. They have now changed their mind. Flip flopped again.

If Labour get a majority at the GE they will get a new deal with the EU. They will then recommend the electorate to reject their new deal in favour of remaining in the EU in another referendum :D

You couldn't make this up.

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Learn to read.

6 minutes ago, Wortho said:

Eh!!

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not all leave voters are racist but all racists voted leave. 

19 minutes ago, Wortho said:

What a great snippet. That'll be 17.4 million of them.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Wortho said:

But didn't the Labour Party say in their 2017 manifesto that would deliver as the public wanted and leave the EU. They have now changed their mind. Flip flopped again.

If Labour get a majority at the GE they will get a new deal with the EU. They will then recommend the electorate to reject their new deal in favour of remaining in the EU in another referendum :D

You couldn't make this up.

What have labour got to do with what I wrote, they are a bunch of c**** as well. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

There must be a few Brexiteers on here, and remainers, so this place is the ideal platform to get rid of all this blame crap Why did you vote to leave the EU? Why did you vote to remain in the EU?

I voted to stay:

I believe leaving would have a financial impact on UK business. it’s not viable to plunge us into a recession. As a country, we rely on our trading opportunities. To rock / break these even temporarily will have a impact on the majority of households financially.

We’ve always had immigration in the UK. We’re all descendants of it. We’re not true blood British and this is what most people seem to miss. From Romans, Anglo Saxons, Scots, Irish Vikings, Welsh, Cornish, Normans, Jews, Romani, Indians, Africans, Russians etc etc. Immigration isn’t an issue, controlling crime is (that needs addressing). Why do they all want to come here, ultimately, we’re not in bad shape! 

Us being part of a larger organisation, also gives us wider scope on things like equality, travel, security etc

You could argue we could sort some of that ourselves. You’d be right. However we’ll go for through a lot of financial pain to get there and ultimately it’s not something I want to live through. I’ve already seen Brexit start to bite and my business cut cloth and make people redundant to suit. The £ / € exchange rate isn’t what it was, the 15% impact in 2016 has never recovered. If it gets worse, it’ll happen again. The country is in abeyance why we just sit around why the numpties Boris and Jeremy try to sort this mess out. 

I’ve always been a conservative. I wouldn’t vote for this lot though. 

I wouldn’t vote for Corbyn either. 

I’d have to listen to see what each of the manifestos were before I could choose who to vote for. 

I quite liked Cameron, he was a twat for giving this vote to the people in the first place though.

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49646544

In a wide-ranging speech, he also promised to "put power in the hands of workers", pledging a future Labour government would enact "the biggest extension of rights for workers that our country has ever seen."

If elected, Labour would set up a specific government department for employment rights, he said, and give the brief to a dedicated cabinet minister.

Enforcement of rights would be boosted by a new agency with the power to enter workplaces and bring prosecutions on behalf of staff, he added.

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not all leave voters are racist but all racists voted leave. 

A great snippet by Will Self from an interview I can't find right now. 

I get frustrated with comments like this personally. (from Will Self, not you Stan) I didn't vote leave but I feel that saying this kind of thing at best adds absolutely nothing to the debate and at worst, tries to associate leave voters with the worst kinds of people. And it's not even quantifiable! It only really serves to wind people up, foster even further division, and is a lazy examination of why people voted leave.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I get frustrated with comments like this personally. (from Will Self, not you Stan) I didn't vote leave but I feel that saying this kind of thing at best adds absolutely nothing to the debate and at worst, tries to associate leave voters with the worst kinds of people. And it's not even quantifiable! It only really serves to wind people up, foster even further division, and is a lazy examination of why people voted leave.

It seems to have wound up a few on here lol

22 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

fairplay he's made the right decision, soon as your impartiality comes into question then you can't continue as the speaker really. 

So every time the speaker upsets a particular party we will have to vote in a new one?

3 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

They new exactly what they were voting for in my opinion; they all had their reasons which are many, but i have not foind many leavers who actually meant basically remain but with less power in Europe.  Remainers don't understand what Brexiteers voted for, and that is the problem.  They are STILL accusing leave voters of racism, ignorance etc, making no effort to understand it.

As I recall the government made it pretty clear there would likely be an impact on economic growth over time vs the status quo, and the people still voted to leave.  They chose a slower growing smaller country over a high immigration growth one.  Fair enough.

We will still have high immigration, only difference being that they will have a darker complexion.

We chose not to apply the strictest rules when it came to how long immigrants couldn’t stay if they weren’t working and what they could claim. Both Labour and Tory guilty of this.

49 minutes ago, Wortho said:

What a great snippet. That'll be 17.4 million of them.

Oh dear, shown yourself up there.

9 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So every time the speaker upsets a particular party we will have to vote in a new one?

We will still have high immigration, only difference being that they will have a darker complexion.

We chose not to apply the strictest rules when it came to how long immigrants couldn’t stay if they weren’t working and what they could claim. Both Labour and Tory guilty of this.

Oh dear, shown yourself up there.

Oh did I. You carry on reading The Morning Star.