Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Paninistickers

Juan Mata

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

I left late yesterday and stayed for 15 mins more with the kids after to see the players leave the stadium.

Juan Mata's exit was worth a mention.

Instead of leaving with a posse of assorted brothers, wags and hanger on agents like most of the others players, he had as guests three down's syndrome kids and their families. And let them milk all the cheers and applause (for him) as if it were their own adulation. What a nice guy eh?

Seems like a top bloke all round. 

Likes a goal against us though, the willy puller lol

• Haha 1

On 15/09/2019 at 18:01, Paninistickers said:

I left late yesterday and stayed for 15 mins more with the kids after to see the players leave the stadium.

Juan Mata's exit was worth a mention.

Instead of leaving with a posse of assorted brothers, wags and hanger on agents like most of the others players, he had as guests three down's syndrome kids and their families. And let them milk all the cheers and applause (for him) as if it were their own adulation. What a nice guy eh?

Always liked him from his Chelsea days. Not quite the player he was but seems a genuinely nice guy and wonderful professional

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 19:21, Facecloth said:

He is. There's a list of members here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Goal_(charity)

Interesting that many of those are female footballers who earn a fraction of the wages their male counterparts do. Not too many top names on that list which is sad to see. I'm fairly sure they can afford it.

2 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Interesting that many of those are female footballers who earn a fraction of the wages their male counterparts do. Not too many top names on that list which is sad to see. I'm fairly sure they can afford it.

They may have party pads to buy or more likely they give their donations to other causes (perhaps quietly too).

Mata is both a good person and a good footballer by all accounts.

On 18/09/2019 at 07:10, Paddy. said:

Tbf this is one charity out of thousands, plenty of top athletes give big portions of money to charity 

40 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Tbf this is one charity out of thousands, plenty of top athletes give big portions of money to charity 

Yeah, fair point. I guess I just expected more top flight footballers as it's associated with Juan Mata but you're right.

On 15/09/2019 at 18:37, Tuna said:

Doesn't Mata have a charity where he gives a percentage of his weekly wage?

On 15/09/2019 at 19:21, Facecloth said:

He is. There's a list of members here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Goal_(charity)

Klopp said at the football awards night today that he's also now joined the charity.