Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 2-1 Tottenham - Vote Now

Leicester City 2-1 Tottenham

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.1

Total Average Rating

211 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

James Maddison 8.5
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Demarai Gray Substitute 5.9
  4. Manager Confidence 98% +8%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 21/09/19
Voting Ends: 24/09/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Caglar Soyuncu
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Ayoze Pérez
  8. Youri Tielemans
  9. James Maddison
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Dennis Praet (sub)
  13. Demarai Gray (sub)
  14. Hamza Choudhury (sub)

I posted this in the match prediction thread, so I'm please BR read it and acted upon it!!

If we set up and play like we did against Man Utd we'll lose 2 or 3 nil.

If we set up and play with intent, purpose, drive and with quick positive passes from the off, and not the slow cross field & backward passes, we'll win 2-0.

Please BR, no more Maddison on the left wing, no more ultra defensive narrow set ups, no more sideways or backward slow passing, play wingers so Maddison & Tielemans create like we know they can.

Let's actually show we deserve to belong with the so called big boys and nor be frightened of them. Like Man Utd, Spuds are nothing special if you keep Kane quiet (no more silly challenges Soyuncu!).

Kasper -7- Not much to do, no chance with goal, but distribution good today.

Ricardo -7- Nicely taken goal, decent defending and some good runs.

Evans -8- Fabulous today. His partnership with Caglar is really taking shape. Great tackle on Kane.

Soyuncu -8- His best game for us. Really played well today, both defensively and distributing the ball.

Chilwell -6- Left too much room down his side. Defended quite well but nothing worked for him up front.

Ndidi -9- MOTM Thought he was fantastic today. Broke up so much and covered every blade of grass. Unlucky with 'goal'.

Perez -6- One or two nice touches. One or two duff touches. Needs a goal to restore confidence.

Tielemans -7- Some nice touches, I thought his positioning was better today with Barnes & Perez involved.

Maddison -8- Lots of energy and fight, as well as a great winning goal.

Barnes -6- One or two decent runs. Having him out wide gives Maddison & Tielemans so much more space.

Vardy -7- Ran and ran and ran. Did so much hard work. Deserved a goal just for his work rate.

Praet -6- Didn't see much from him.

Gray -6- One good run towards the end. Silly booking with first touch.

Choudhury -6- Set up Maddison  nicely!

Officials -4- Poor. So many wrong decisions today, and giving free kicks as soon as any player went to the floor.

Spuds -5- Nothing but a bang average side with a decent goalscorer. No chance of winning the P/L. 

If we set up with intent and purpose we'll win a lot more matches than if we play like we did against Wolves and Man Utd. It makes me even more annoyed we respected Man Utd so much and handed them the match on a plate.

I hope BR learns from this match and we give it a go and let teams worry about us, not the other way round.

Edited by ThaiFox
  • Like 1

Evans, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Kasper & Maddison 8s

Ricardo, Perez, Barnes, Tielemans & Vardy 7s

Chilwell 6

Evans MOTM for me, so strong and his partnership with Soyuncu is going to be brilliant...

Chilwell seems a lost soul at the minute, hope his head hasn’t been turned in the England dressing room.

Subs did well with an instant impact from 2 of them.

Great 2nd half but definitely think VAR is ruining the game...

Ref was poor and they don’t seem capable of making a decision by themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Surprised that Chilwell's being hung out to dry here. Had that whole side of the pitch to deal with on his own and barely put a foot wrong defensively. Won a couple of corners through good play and put in a couple of wicked balls that nobody was on the end of 

Been playing well within himself since the turn of the year but I'm finding it hard to pick a fault with him today. The again, plenty of posters on here have always had an agenda against him so not a massive surprise.

Are you Chilwells boyfriend? Needs some time on the bench... if not sideways or backwards then he gives the ball away.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Royston. said:

25 votes only but how is gray coming off as weakest player?

Forum hate?

Gray got a yellow as soon as he came on, and couldn't keep possession.  Not his worst game, but not good enough to start.

I pretty much agree with the ratings. Ricardo MOTM for me, but Evans, Ndidi, Maddison and Syunucu up there too.

One thing I liked was the way the team shifted formation when Praet came on, and again with Gray. Roger's got that right. When Hamza came on, I thought it was a defensive sub, but he wanted that ball instantly.Just what we needed.

Barnes and Perez are not quite clicking with Vardy, but when they do, it will be prolific.

4141 is our best starting line up by a mile, but right to have some flexibility. The move to a diamond with Praet worked well. More threat too with Barnes joining Vardy up front.

• Like 2

You have to stop voting for the player based on the accepted FoxesTalk narrative…

Gray was excellent when he came on…

Vote based on what you’ve seen that game not on what you saw before or have read on here… 

Evans MOTM by the way…. Tough on Madders who was a  ‘Son kneecap’ away from pipping him…

Edited by Wolfox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

They were easily the best side we’ve played this year…. On balance they could probably feel a little aggrieved to have not to have at least got a point…

Kane is one of the best in the business…. His strike was exceptional…

Nobody outside the new ‘top two’ has a chance of winning this year…. Spuds will be a safe bet for top 4 based on what I’ve seen…

This is why our performance and result was so good!

Kane is a decent goalscorer, which I said in my match ratings.  Apart from him there are not that many other decent players in the Spuds team. A few are slightly above average P/L players, the rest are bang average.

Beaten at home by Newcastle, lucky to get a win against Villa, and very, very lucky to get a point at Man City.

Together with our win with those performances, Spuds could already have lost 4 games this season.

Their results in the P/L this calendar year show just 2 away wins. They haven't won away since relegated Fulham (a last second goal there too).

On current form they are a mid table P/L side and certainly nothing special.

The media hype around them is highly annoying and over flattering for a club which has won nothing (except the ASDA cup!) for years, but still claim they are a 'big club' just because they are in an area where there is a high catchment area of fans.

I think it's fair to say that the three regulars who have not played up to standard yet this season were again our poorest performers (though all had a few good moments) yesterday - Chilwell, Tielemans and Perez.

Similarly, our three most consistent players this season - Evans, Soyuncu and Ndidi - were again excellent yesterday.

As for Maddison, he is getting better every game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Chills, Perez, Barnes, Youri - 6 - all decent yet underwhelming

Kasper - 7 -  reassuring

Vards - 7 - vardystique

Hamza - 7 - majestic

Wilf - 8 - imperial

Soy & Evans - 8 - two towers

Madders - 9 -  ex****inquisite, WHAT A GOAL

Rick - 9 (MOTM) - he's Mr Fahrenheit, 200 degrees, a rocket ship on his way to ****ing Europe 

Brodge - 9. Why didn't he set us up like that against the sodding Yanited! :mad:

Still buzzing! All heroes. What a game it was :appl: !!!!  
With the results and the form of some top 6 regulars you can almost hear the door of opportunity opening for us

• Haha 1