Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Since we're effectively not using wingers at the moment anyway even when we play 4 at the back, Praet can play as an inverted winger on the right.  He can play as part of a diamond, as you said.  You can use a 4-1-3-1-2 with Praet on the right side of the 3.  Lots of ways to make it work because he's probably the most positionally versatile player in the squad.

Not sure you've thought this through? We're not allowed to play with 11 outfield players. :thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Not sure you've thought this through? We're not allowed to play with 11 outfield players. :thumbup:

The Praet exception. Little known rule.

Obviously meant to say 4-1-3-2.  That’s if you want to find a way to keep Kelechi on the pitch.

Pleased for him! From being out with his hamstring he has obviously worked hard in his recovery and got back quicker that expected. Seems fired up and ready to go. That game and goal for his country will help his confidence too. Great to have him back for the run in!

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

April 1st ..   worth a try ..  :)

That's not especially far-fetched, unfortunately.  Of all our players Tielemans and a healthy Ricardo are the ones who could most easily transition to one of the superclubs.  They play the right style of football, and I'd be shocked if someone isn't trying to tempt Youri away this summer or at the most, within another year from then.

On 31/03/2021 at 11:06, WigstonWanderer said:

I’ve noticed commentators insist on pronouncing his name as Pratt. Pretty sure that’s wrong and should be more like Prart.

I asked a Belgian person how it should be pronounced when he first signed for us and she said it was 'Prat' so I'm sticking with that

25 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

That's not especially far-fetched, unfortunately.  Of all our players Tielemans and a healthy Ricardo are the ones who could most easily transition to one of the superclubs.  They play the right style of football, and I'd be shocked if someone isn't trying to tempt Youri away this summer or at the most, within another year from then.

Personally I don’t think they actually want to leave the club ..  Youri in particular talks in glowing terms of his team mates, Brendan and how much he likes it here .. No, for me the one who will go is Little Wes ..  one more season and he will be world class and much sought after ..  and he will jump ship in a heartbeat. 

14 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Personally I don’t think they actually want to leave the club ..  Youri in particular talks in glowing terms of his team mates, Brendan and how much he likes it here .. No, for me the one who will go is Little Wes ..  one more season and he will be world class and much sought after ..  and he will jump ship in a heartbeat. 

Fofana could go for sure, so could Soyuncu.  And I'm sure Youri likes the club a lot, but when you play football for a living it's very hard to say no to the opportunity of playing on one of the best teams in the world, for a significantly higher amount of money.  We can offer a lot of things but we can't offer the stature, grandeur, and salary of a Manchester City or Barca or Bayern, et al.  

Guest StevieLynex
3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

The Leicester Mercury again !! ..  jeez Jordan it’s a wonder you are still in a job !

13EFC300-008F-43A7-B3AF-7738C73BB6C6.jpeg

Didn't know that Des Walker played for Belgium

2 hours ago, IsItMuzzy said:

I asked a Belgian person how it should be pronounced when he first signed for us and she said it was 'Prat' so I'm sticking with that

Interesting. I thought I remembered a discussion on here and we’d been told it was Prart or Praat. Perhaps I dreamt it. Difficult to tell these days.

15 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Interesting. I thought I remembered a discussion on here and we’d been told it was Prart or Praat. Perhaps I dreamt it. Difficult to tell these days.

In all fairness she could have been directing the prat towards me rather than saying that's how it's pronounced

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Pre-at according the Leuven lads I speak to. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe we should just call him Dennis. He's definitely the best Dennis we've had since Dennis... oh wait, he's the only Dennis we've had. I prefer to forget the other one ever played for us. (Apologies if there were any other Dennis' before I was born in 1986). 

• Like 2