Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

BR has obviously soured on him. His last 3 Premier League starts were;

Fulham (H) - Hooked at 0-2 down, game finished 1-2.

Palace (A) - Hooked at 1-0 down, game finished 1-1.

West Ham (A) - Hooked at 3-0 down, game finished 3-2.

Now I'm not saying that those results were all on him. Of course not. And I think he's been unfortunate in that his best position is probably the one Tielemans plays. But he often allows the game to drift by him without really affecting it. Like Ünder, he's just not a good fit for us. Maybe that's on Rodgers. It's unfortunate, but not every purchase can be a success.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Now I'm not saying that those results were all on him. Of course not. And I think he's been unfortunate in that his best position is probably the one Tielemans plays. But he often allows the game to drift by him without really affecting it. Like Ünder, he's just not a good fit for us. Maybe that's on Rodgers. It's unfortunate, but not every purchase can be a success.

I think you may have inadvertently revealed that we're a much more dangerous side, and defensively more sound when the shackles are forced to come off😅 especially if you add in tonight's game and Newcastle.

Edited by Vestan Pance

21 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

...he could have played as a #8 to pack the midfield and give us more going forward!!!

Mount was getting the service too easily and Wermer was a willing recipient of the opportunities being created. We were so fragile and weak, we lacked the confidence to force our game unto them and disrupt their ability to continually attack at will. With all the possession and quality against us, they struggled to put the game to bed.

• Like 1

Praet is quality. He’s a tidy player who has energy, tidy in possession and a tidy passer. And it completely baffles me he doesn’t start. We have been crying out for weeks with his energy. Perhaps he’s on the out list.... I don’t know but it’s stupid he is sat on the bench. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Praet is quality. He’s a tidy player who has energy, tidy in possession and a tidy passer. And it completely baffles me he doesn’t start. We have been crying out for weeks with his energy. Perhaps he’s on the out list.... I don’t know but it’s stupid he is sat on the bench. 

I really don't understand it, if he's on the "out" list and he's never had any intention of bringing him on then why put him on the bench? It's a waste of space. May as well stick a youth player in there to give them experience. He did this with Under too. 

Perhaps it's in their contracts to say they to be in a certain amount of squads etc. But if not then why? We needed to change Madders for Nacho and Pérez for Praet at half time. Could have changed the result. 

• Like 1

Do you think if he plays another game that triggers a payment to his old club. He seems gone in the summer. I'd submit if praet played instead of james over the last month or so when he's done nothing, wed have more points. He's a reliable,  industrious amc and links well with yt.

Praet is a better player than Perez hands down he just doesn't get the same chances afforded to Perez and Madders! It's insane not to use him when we have required help in midfield and fresh legs. If it's because he has asked to leave thats ridiculous. Either don't put him on the bench at all or still use him while he is a Leicester player! He doesn't seem the type to be causing problems, he seemed as happy as everyone else celebrating the cup final. To let him go but keep Perez is nuts business by Brendan. 

Perez and Madders are continually poor.  I don't understand what Brendan sees. Dennis was unfortunate with his injury and Youri's form.  He links so well with Youri and Timmy though too. I would keep him any day over Perez and given Madders form at the moment he can't be any worse to start.

Edited by Hales
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, dayday said:

There’s always a reason why players don’t get played, you only have to look at Cengiz Under.

...it is a strange one with Ünder!!!

There has been moments when you thought that a situation was right for him to come on but we have ignored him on the bench.  It must be a contract thing, that he is on the bench time and time again but never get to come on.

As for Praet, the last time I saw him was just before lock down and I was taken aback at how passive he was on the pitch. Not in his football play but his interaction with the other players during breaks of play. Perez appeared to be organising the midfield and was the more vocal and animated and Praet, who you would have thought would be the making and determining our setup just followed and did what he was told.

Perhaps that is what is preventing him from being the player that he should be, he lacks the confidence to assert himself and his "bending with the wind" is a weakness he needs to eradicate from his game, before he can be trusted.

He needs to be playing with Youri at this time in the season, and having held him back throughout this run in, there is not much chance that he can hit the ground running against Spurs, due to his lack of game time.

We need to go to a back four, everyone is more comfortable in that role, we could play it blind folded, Ricardo looked sharp and up for it and with Albrighton on the left, Thomas will have someone to work off.

Best way of getting the quality players out on the pitch would be a diamond in midfield with Praet and Youri and Maddison at the head.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hales said:

Praet is a better player than Perez hands down he just doesn't get the same chances afforded to Perez and Madders! It's insane not to use him when we have required help in midfield and fresh legs. If it's because he has asked to leave thats ridiculous. Either don't put him on the bench at all or still use him while he is a Leicester player! He doesn't seem the type to be causing problems, he seemed as happy as everyone else celebrating the cup final. To let him go but keep Perez is nuts business by Brendan. 

Perez and Madders are continually poor.  I don't understand what Brendan sees. Dennis was unfortunate with his injury and Youri's form.  He links so well with Youri and Timmy though too. I would keep him any day over Perez and given Madders form at the moment he can't be any worse to start.

I think what a lot of people don’t know with Perez is that he has a clause in his contract stipulating he has to play x amount of games. 

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Please say this doesn't role over into next season? That is honking from whoever agreed to that. 

Agreed, absolutely nuts decision! I guess that explains the apparent "favoritism" shown and I guess what makes it equally infuriating and frustrating for teammates like Dennis who don't then get a look in and deserve too.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think what a lot of people don’t know with Perez is that he has a clause in his contract stipulating he has to play x amount of games. 

😳😳😳😳🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Please say this doesn't role over into next season? That is honking from whoever agreed to that. 

Ahhhhh may the real Jon Rudkin please stand up. Just when we thought he’d learned his lesson with the Kante release clause lol 

Praet is a more adaptable player than Maddison & Perez, but that can be his strength and also his weakness. He probably doesn't excel in any position in the centre, but is quite good at all of them.  Maybe in a 5 man midfield he could find his niche, but I think he'll be looking to go elsewhere in the summer.  

Edited by Le Renard

We're all looking at him in this light that he's better due to not having seen him for months. We've seen him come on and be completely pedestrian minus a handful of decent performances. Every game he's come off, we've generally seen an improvement with Maddison/Perez etc. 

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

Surely this can’t be true. I mean if it’s Messi or KDB I might think ok, but Who-is-he Perez 🤷🏻‍♂️