Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

Leave KDH at Luton. In the long run him playing week in week out will be more beneficial than getting the odd game here. Aside to that, Praet has played further forward than I expected and was almost an inside forward at times against Stoke. We have Under and Choudhury who between them can play praets various roles. Especially when Praet hasn’t started that often, I don’t see what all the panic is about. Granted if another midfielder gets a long term injury, then we should consider bringing him back.

But we also have a couple of youth players who have been in and around the first team squad in training so I still don’t think we’d be rushing to recall him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Everything?

KDH effectively plays a very different position from Hamza.  He doesn't have two guys directly blocking him.  He's had an extraordinarily successful half-season on loan, while Hamza has been an intermittent bomb scare.  We have no depth at creative MF if we don't sign one, so unless there's no squad rotation at all (and even for Rodgers that's impossible) KDH would have to play.

Hang on a minute. Creative midfielders to me means accurate passers,not just direction but correct weight of pass, Some would add "vision" but movement by the players ahead often have more to do with that than the MF's vision. Fofana and Soyuncu can and often do come forward (but only one at a time guys) and both are accurate passers of the ball,and presumably will both be in the team. With these two, Pereira, Thielemans and Madison, I think we're ok on creative midfield strength. Evans as well I've seen pass forward balls that had he had the label ,you would have sworn came from a creative midfielder. The beauty of having Castagne and Justin is that Pereira could maybe play as a creative midfielder, and Luke Thomas looks as if he's developing maybe into a Justin/Castagne type defender, even more likely with those two as examples in the same club. You don't hear the phrase "total football" as much now, but it always seemed a wonderful way of playing to me.

I've maybe become a bit more realistic about our chances of winning the league (top 4 I still think we can do) but the more I've watched the team lately the more impressed I am with what we've already got in players , and there seems to me a growing belief within BR and the team.

20 hours ago, murphy said:

Has anybody considered what would happen if Schmeichel got injured?

With Iversen going out on loan and Jakupovic apparently not trusted, we need to recall Sir Keir Dewberry-Horlicks from Melchester Rovers quickly to provide much needed cover in goal.

I always think, maybe wrongly,  competent GKs are found more easily and cheaply than any other position. Maybe unfair to Kasper who I think brings a lot more to the club and team than just goalkeeping. They tend not to get injured too much either, despite it looking a dangerous position. We have n't got a Duke or a Lord floating around as a striker have we ?

The news we were expecting unfortunately :(

We can’t go three months constantly playing Youri, if he gets injured then we’re well and truly fvcked.

I doubt anybody wants to see a midfield combo of Ndidi & Mendy or Ndidi & Choudhury anytime soon.

KDH must be recalled or we have to get another ‘Number 8’ in on loan.

• Like 1

Just now, kingfox said:

The news we were expecting unfortunately :(

We can’t go three months constantly playing Youri, if he gets injured then we’re well and truly fvcked.

I doubt anybody wants to see a midfield combo of Ndidi & Mendy or Ndidi & Choudhury anytime soon.

KDH must be recalled or we have to get another ‘Number 8’ in on loan.

It looks to be either KDH, a new player in or an academy player 

20 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Leave Kiernan where he is as a full season of Championship football will help him massively. 

Give Sidnei Tavares the opportunity he is desperate for and see if we can get him to sign a new deal. 

So Tavares with absolutely no experience getsa run, but we'll leave KDH at Luton to get more experience so he's  more ready  next year !

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, los dedos said:

So Tavares with absolutely no experience getsa run, but we'll leave KDH at Luton to get more experience so he's  more ready  next year !

I agree with @GingerrrFox. Makes total sense if he has the level of talent that's been bandied around and then to tie him down.

17 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Kiernan signed a new contract before he went to Luton so we know he is definitely our player for the foreseeable future, continuing his development in the Championship, playing regularly, will be much more beneficial in the long term than coming back and playing second fiddle to Youri. 

Tavares won’t sign a new contract as it stands worse case scenario is he leaves in the summer. If we can give him opportunities to show we value him by being around the first team more and playing when Youri needs a rest it might swing the decision to stay. 

• Like 1