Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

His best position so far has been inside right and should have played there today, idek what position he was playing today.

But he’s hardly played for three months so I’m not surprised by his performance today. And he wouldn’t have played had the bellends not been bellends

• Like 1

Technically he is one of the best players we have.  He rarely gives the ball away, is always super composed on the ball.  The problem is that his best position is actually where Tielemans plays.

He's definitely not a winger, he isn't an out and out defensive midfielder but he's not creative enough to be a number 10.  When he plays in the team with Tielemans, I'd actually prefer to see Tielemans play that slightly more advanced role.

If Tielemans is injured, then Praet starts every game.

Dont think he was bad, I think he needs players willing to link up and play 1-2s. It is difficult linking up with some of our players, either most are jogging to join counter attacks or stay miles behind the play, or they just stand inbetween defenders. 

Just now, Poiseuille said:

Replacement/standby for Tielemans, yes.

No. 10, no

His worst performances for us were when tielemans was dropped last year and he played in his role. He just doesnt understand how to make space for himself so he's available to receive the ball, he seems to always end up in the shadow of opposition players.

Just now, lgfualol said:

Dont think he was bad, I think he needs players willing to link up and play 1-2s. It is difficult linking up with some of our players, either most are jogging to join counter attacks or stay miles behind the play, or they just stand inbetween defenders. 

He tried to link with Castagne but Timmy is not comfortable on the left so it just didn't work. He over lapped several times but Timmy didnt pass..... He was shoved in the number 10 which he isnt and that was most probably due to Madders being a dick.  Training and tactics probably had to change last minute. He will be rusty after 10 weeks out so I think give him a break. He was not the worse by a long shot!

Don't see the point in coming for Praet today. He was well off the pace, but it was his first start in the league for months and he was filling in ahead of our two first choices 10's who have both inexcusably got themselves dropped from the squad breaching protocol.

We looked significantly better when Albrighton came on instead of him though, but that was partly because Albrighton's game is to use the wide areas and the space in behind Masuaku - particularly after Cresswell came off - was the only real joy we had for large spells of the game. Albrighton is far better suited to attack that than Praet.

2 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

He’s more of a Tielemans replacement than a Maddison replacement to be fair to him. Playing out on the wing will never suit him. 

So why does Rodgers persist with playing players out of position?, Maddison on the wing and now Praet, no wonder we looked clueless first half.

He’s a Belgium international, technically very good and tries to break through the front line, it’s a shame that too many on here judge a player on his return from injury when he’s going to be rusty, as well as being played out of position. When the 3 Belgians click it is a joy to watch. 

• Like 3

Just now, g7fox said:

He’s a Belgium international, technically very good and tries to break through the front line, it’s a shame that too many on here judge a player on his return from injury when he’s going to be rusty, as well as being played out of position. When the 3 Belgians click it is a joy to watch. 

This!

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

He must be going no other reason for him not to be getting minutes. Such a good player and I will miss him. Maybe he could go to spurs or arsenal and help them out. 

Oh god no! Don't sell him to either of them 🤢

It’s a strange one.

If we go back to 2017 when we played Mendy and Hamza either side of Wilf at Stamford Bridge - I think this would have solidified that middle today with Praet in there & provided some much needed energy.

Praet should be disappointed not getting onto the field today. 

• Like 2