Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Hamza should be sold and we should go out there and look at purchasing a player like Tufan. Preats deals up soon and the talented ones here wont be here forever.

Transfermark shows Praet has a contract with City until June 30, 2024. I'm not sure if that falls Into the soon category.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Transfermark shows Praet has a contract with City until June 30, 2024. I'm not sure if that falls Into the soon category.

My mistake, and I'm glad of it! Doesn't stop my feeling of getting a decent box to box player like i mentioned to go central. I like that Praet is best when playing centre right and madders centre left although if they are both pushed forward then can do the same job.

54 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Pretty much the season, unless we go far in Europe. 

It's not quite that bad, with the season finishing later than usual. If he's back mid-April, then he'll be back in time for the last 7 league games. Certainly not ideal, but could be worse.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Pretty much the season, unless we go far in Europe. 

I don't really understand why people are so worried about 1 player in a 27 player squad. I look at it this way , maybe wrongly ,and I need correcting. We have 3 goalkeeprs i excellent, i very competent IMO and another guy, i have n't watched. We have 10 defenders of whom 6 are either of international class IMO or very close to it, and two who most of us agreed stepped up recently and did an excellent job. The other 2 are a bit older but can manage an effective cameo or as in Jonny Evans case can still play 2 matches in 48 hours at a very very high standard. Whatever formation Brendan decides to play he's probably never going to need more than 6 defenders and in our case the fact that Justin and Castagne are so flexible . and one of those who stepped up seems to be developing the same way and flexibly, means we're ok for defensive( and goalkeeper) cover.

MF we're a little weaker but Youri,Madison,Mark Albrighton,Wilf Ndidi,are worth a place in practically any PL team's midfield . Mendy and Harvey Barnes have stepped up impressively when asked most of us seem to agree. I have n't seem Pereira much lately but given our excess in defence we 'd have to be extremely unfortunate if Pereira could n't be added to the MF either as a ball winner or creator. WEll thats 6+1 midfielders which slould cater for any formation Brendan wants to employ. Now thats a goalkeeper , 5 defenders and 7  midfielders none of whom are going to significantly weaken the team. Hang on that's  13 clubs I've got in my bag already and I've got 1 good goalie,, one excellent defender, and maybe the best striker in the PL i can't put in with an 11 club limit.

Just as well, in  strikers we're not so rich. 1 excellent . on playing effectiveness he'd be welcome in practically any PL team plus Perez, Iheanacho and I think one other. Well defensively and MF we're well off and I would have thought maybe Harvey Barnes could feel he can already fill a strikers role. I got told off recently for not being aware KDH was a MF, well apparently at Blackpool where I never watched him in life or on video he did pretty well for goals , what ever that means, and the goal someone posted recently where he killed a high ball at his feet and than shot with his left foot--I think almost earned a strker tag on its own. I know he's listed as MF but I would certainly think he's worth trying as a striker but only if we genuinely have a problem. Unfortunately with 1 GK, 9 defenders,5 midfielders, and 2 strikers when am I going to try him? There are a few others listed in our squad who I would be happy to play for a few  matches. Given our alternatives one reasonable player added to  the other 10 during an injury i don't think significantly weakens any team. We've been through far worse recently, we're still 4th and well in touch, we've played a very good FA cup match and breezed through it and we have n't even hit any home form yet.

I've maybe over simplified a bit but I really don 't see that we're F---ed, buggered, into a disaster or anything else too alarming.In fact I think I might have forgotten the odd useful player anyway Edit Cengiz Under , don't know how I forgot him, not totally proven yet but I'd bet on him.

I live in Scotland ,don't have Sky, or BT sport so have to rely on MOTD..youtube and LCFC videos (was on amazon Prime at NY/Xmas but the football stopped--bastards) and the odd live match but thats how the view looks to me from here.

Edited by Alan Frost
Added Cengiz Under
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

I don't really understand why people are so worried about 1 player in a 27 player squad. I look at it this way , maybe wrongly ,and I need correcting. We have 3 goalkeeprs i excellent, i very competent IMO and another guy, i have n't watched. We have 10 defenders of whom 6 are either of international class IMO or very close to it, and two who most of us agreed stepped up recently and did an excellent job. The other 2 are a bit older but can manage an effective cameo or as in Jonny Evans case can still play 2 matches in 48 hours at a very very high standard. Whatever formation Brendan decides to play he's probably never going to need more than 6 defenders and in our case the fact that Justin and Castagne are so flexible . and one of those who stepped up seems to be developing the same way and flexibly, means we're ok for defensive( and goalkeeper) cover.

MF we're a little weaker but Youri,Madison,Mark Albrighton,Wilf Ndidi,are worth a place in practically any PL team's midfield . Mendy and Harvey Barnes have stepped up impressively when asked most of us seem to agree. I have n't seem Pereira much lately but given our excess in defence we 'd have to be extremely unfortunate if Pereira could n't be added to the MF either as a ball winner or creator. WEll thats 6+1 midfielders which slould cater for any formation Brendan wants to employ. Now thats a goalkeeper , 5 defenders and 7  midfielders none of whom are going to significantly weaken the team. Hang on that's  13 clubs I've got in my bag already and I've got 1 good goalie,, one excellent defender, and maybe the best striker in the PL i can't put in with an 11 club limit.

Just as well, in  strikers we're not so rich. 1 excellent . on playing effectiveness he'd be welcome in practically any PL team plus Perez, Iheanacho and I think one other. Well defensively and MF we're well off and I would have thought maybe Harvey Barnes could feel he can already fill a strikers role. I got told off recently for not being aware KDH was a MF, well apparently at Blackpool where I never watched him in life or on video he did pretty well for goals , what ever that means, and the goal someone posted recently where he killed a high ball at his feet and than shot with his left foot--I think almost earned a strker tag on its own. I know he's listed as MF but I would certainly think he's worth trying as a striker but only if we genuinely have a problem. Unfortunately with 1 GK, 9 defenders,5 midfielders, and 2 strikers when am I going to try him? There are a few others listed in our squad who I would be happy to play for a few  matches. Given our alternatives one reasonable player added to  the other 10 during an injury i don't think significantly weakens any team. We've been through far worse recently, we're still 4th and well in touch, we've played a very good FA cup match and breezed through it and we have n't even hit any home form yet.

I've maybe over simplified a bit but I really don 't see that we're F---ed, buggered, into a disaster or anything else too alarming.In fact I think I might have forgotten the odd useful player anyway Edit Cengiz Under , don't know how I forgot him, not totally proven yet but I'd bet on him.

I live in Scotland ,don't have Sky, or BT sport so have to rely on MOTD..youtube and LCFC videos (was on amazon Prime at NY/Xmas but the football stopped--bastards) and the odd live match but thats how the view looks to me from here.

It's fairly simple. There's not really anyone to cover Tielemans or Maddison in the no.8 position now Praet's injured. Doesn't matter how many defenders or strikers we have unless they can create from midfield.

• Like 2

Praet is one of the most indispensable and hardest-to-replace guys in the squad because of his ability to cover multiple positions.   He's the closest thing to a real box-to-box midfielder we have.  Not getting in a competent option to replace him after last season's collapse would be criminal negligence.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Praet is one of the most indispensable and hardest-to-replace guys in the squad because of his ability to cover multiple positions.   He's the closest thing to a real box-to-box midfielder we have.  Not getting in a competent option to replace him after last season's collapse would be criminal negligence.

I agree with everything you say but you also hit the nail on the head when you say he is hard to replace. Squad players who are so versatile as Praet don't come on the market too often as clubs that have them don't want to part with them. Super hard to find in the January window.

• Like 1

Ahh Praet will just Come back in Time ,so he can Lift the FA.cup, that european-thingy-mi-bob-cup,

Win  the last 3 League games...Then go in to help Belgium into further glory..

and Praet's  injury, will lead us into Finding or even rekindling  another players career..just like with Ndidi

Mandy came to the fore...

Until our Karma says otherwise... We are entering the Crux ,Breaking point, Or Glory-Drive Part of the season...

Close our eyes...forward through that door of the  exciting unknown, where all the Glorious bastards have to pass....

Some Bodies have comeback...Time to release our dogs of war...even if some have to piss on a few unknown trees...:scarf:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Alan Frost said:

TLDR

Apart from the Crystal Palace match where he played 60 odd minutes, you have to go all the way back to November against Wolves (which feels a lifetime a go) since Praet played a full match in the Premier League. 

He's played plenty of minutes in the Europa though...

I have a feeling injured or not he wouldn't have been playing tomorrow so at least in the short-term his injury shouldn't affect us. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Apart from the Crystal Palace match where he played 60 odd minutes, you have to go all the way back to November against Wolves (which feels a lifetime a go) since Praet played a full match in the Premier League. 

He's played plenty of minutes in the Europa though...

I have a feeling injured or not he wouldn't have been playing tomorrow so at least in the short-term his injury shouldn't affect us. 

My feeling too.I feel for Praet and he's a loss but the man who picks the team and knows much more than me obviously does n't regard Dennis as  a "monster', "crippling" or "desperate" loss,whatever he says. I believe we even have reasonable cover for Thielemans. another run of 2 or 3 injuries and I won't feel as confident but that would be unlucky .I would be even more concerned if JV was one of 2/3 serious injuries but as I tried to show in my recent post there are possible solutions to even that,. 

Edited by Alan Frost

I disagree, he is a loss. He may not have been playing tomorrow but he may have come on as a sub for Madders to keep him fresh. He most certainly would have played the FA cup games and the Europa games.  Youri cannot play everything! Hopefully the phrasing of up to 3 months is a worse case and it may be a little sooner and I'm sure that accounts for recovery and rehabilitation too.  I'm sure they will not rush him back either given Brendan said they would recuperate him properly. I think the lesson has been learnt with rushing players back and although its frustrating I'm pleased Ricardo, Timmy, Cags etc. were given time to heal properly. 

I bet he is kicking himself that he pushed to get that goal in the last couple of minutes but it shows how much that goal would have meant to him. Gutted for him.

Get well soon Dennis!

Edited by Hales

I think Dennis is going to be a huge loss for us. We should be getting through to the FA cup quarter finals, and have every chance of getting through to the quarters of the europa league, as well as fighting for a top 6 prem spot. Being able to rotate players is going to be key.

Edited by Bablemikey
  • Like 4

I was surprised that surgery was not mentioned in any of the reports I read.

Typically, three months of projected recovery time implies a surgical remedy to the problem.

One report claimed a torn hamstring.  Another reported Brendan as stating that it is a tendon issue.

Either way, best wishes for a speedy recovery to Dennis!

8 minutes ago, lnkstern said:

I was surprised that surgery was not mentioned in any of the reports I read.

Typically, three months of projected recovery time implies a surgical remedy to the problem.

One report claimed a torn hamstring.  Another reported Brendan as stating that it is a tendon issue.

Either way, best wishes for a speedy recovery to Dennis!

3 months is pretty typical for a torn hamstring. Speaking from experience it takes a long time to heal!!! I came back a little early and I’ve never recovered. My first tear was about 7 years ago. A true rat of an injury 

Edited by Lambert09