Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dirkster the Fox

Dennis Praet

3 hours ago, zorro en españa said:

Anyone aware of the progress with Dennis?

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but you can keep track of injuries on this page...

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/history/first-team/

He's apparently 7 weeks from recovery, so around early-mid April he could be back.

The Perez one is probably not right - Justin's also said 2 weeks before his ACL was known about.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but you can keep track of injuries on this page...

He's apparently 7 weeks from recovery, so around early-mid April he could be back.

The Perez one is probably not right - Justin's also said 2 weeks before his ACL was known about.

Looking at the roster, pretty amazing we don't have a single goal from a CB 24 games into the season (plus FA, CC, and Europa).  Just shows how shit we've been on set pieces.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Looking at the roster, pretty amazing we don't have a single goal from a CB 24 games into the season (plus FA, CC, and Europa).  Just shows how shit we've been on set pieces.

Not necessarily, Fofana has missed 5 or 6 great opportunities from set pieces this season and Evans has about 10 premier league goals across his whole career 15 or 16 seasons so he’s hardly a regular goal scorer.

It was noticeable against Liverpool that Ndidi, Soyuncu and Amartey headed nearly everything they threw at us away. I think they had 10+ corners and we looked in control. 
I’m sure we had one but I don’t remember us having any attacking corners, but with those three now back in the side and attacking the ball from crosses I expect us to add more goals from set pieces in the coming weeks.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Not necessarily, Fofana has missed 5 or 6 great opportunities from set pieces this season and Evans has about 10 premier league goals across his whole career 15 or 16 seasons so he’s hardly a regular goal scorer.

It was noticeable against Liverpool that Ndidi, Soyuncu and Amartey headed nearly everything they threw at us away. I think they had 10+ corners and we looked in control. 
I’m sure we had one but I don’t remember us having any attacking corners, but with those three now back in the side and attacking the ball from crosses I expect us to add more goals from set pieces in the coming weeks.

Liverpool are one of few clubs in the prem where we don’t worry when they have a corner and we think we have a chance of scoring when we do (without VVD). 

8 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Will be glad when he is back! Worry for Youri at the moment too. It will be nice to have a bit of depth back in midfield.

8 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

What am I missing on that page? I can see what injury the player has but not an expected return date?

• 1 month later...

He started the season really well, got an assist at West Brom, scored a belter against Burnley and played really well at Man City. Then he missed the West Ham game and we looked much weaker with Perez playing that day.

If we're sticking with two up front, Praet plays ahead of Perez if fit and Maddison isn't available.

• Like 1

looked good tonight even though it was against poor opposition his quality on the ball is clear to see. An option to start at the weekend If Rodgers decides to go with an extra man in midfield behind the front 2

54 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Having a beer and just smiling to myself thinking how we can have a player of this quality who can't get in to our starting 11, even with injuries. What a time to be alive. 

That's different than my takeaway.