Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lester4Leicester

LCFC Mt. Rushmore

13 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Our footballers are immortalised everywhere they go anyway, so let’s go musical...

Enge, Mark “The Mac” Morrison, Tom Meighan and, dependent on how difficult to carve, the lead singers of either  Showaddywaddy or Diesel Park West.

You would go with showaddywaddy over John Deacon???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mazarron fox said:

Mahrez no no no and no again !

Part of the holy trinity, along with Vardy and Kante, that won us the league. Top notch player and legend. The people who have included Morgan and King are surely having a laugh. Even Lineker would not get in before this trio

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49er said:

Part of the holy trinity, along with Vardy and Kante, that won us the league. Top notch player and legend. The people who have included Morgan and King are surely having a laugh. Even Lineker would not get in before this trio

Why is anyone including Morgan having a laugh?

He was pretty widely considered our 4th best player in the title winning season, captained the side and to a Championship title and had herman a stalwart for years.

I'd have him in over Mahrez or Kante.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Why is anyone including Morgan having a laugh?

He was pretty widely considered our 4th best player in the title winning season, captained the side and to a Championship title and had herman a stalwart for years.

I'd have him in over Mahrez or Kante.

Would we have won the title without Kante and Mahrez. Morgan was great but his status was enhanced by having the defensive cover afforded by Kante

47 minutes ago, 49er said:

Would we have won the title without Kante and Mahrez. Morgan was great but his status was enhanced by having the defensive cover afforded by Kante

His status was that he was immense that season. Kante didnt win all those headers and make all those blocks for him. Youre making out like he was some puppet.

We absolutely would not have won the league without Morgan that season either. He was the best centre back in the country that season.

Obviously Kante was superb, but saying that Morgan's status was enhanced by him and by implication that Morgan didn't rightfully earn his status and plaudits that season is pretty vile historic revisionism.

People only started to come out with the "Morgan was only good because of Kante/Huth" revisionist nonsense at the beginning of the following season in some kind of edgy attack to put him down after Morgan had a poor start. During the actual title winning season, he was pretty much universally (and rightfully) regarded as the best defender in the country that season.

I have no idea why anyone would have any qualms about him being on this thread. He captained us to our greatest ever achievement, gave us the greatest individual season any defender ever has in terms of performances and will have over 300 appearances for the club by the time he leaves here. Anyone who doesn't think he's amongst a very select few of the biggest legends the club has ever had is a bit of a weirdo to be honest.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

On 09/10/2019 at 18:09, Bryn said:

I'd feel uncomfortable having a manager on it. I think Pearson contributed most to our recent success but it would be disrespectful to have him over Ranieri. I also think I'd stick to recent players. So I'd go Vichai, Vardy, Morgan and Schmeichel. 

Why, We owe it all to Pearson. He created the Blueprint for success and sold it to the Owners.