Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

Can anyone answer this for me please it's driving me mad?

My son's had a PS5 for Christmas. They both had an account each on it but my eldest son was always on it meaning my youngest barely had a look in.

I've managed to pick up another from Game and signed my youngest in on that one but all the games in the library are locked.

Is there anyway to unlock them on this second console or do I have to pay for them again? I've tried the restore licences but not worked.

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

My son's had a PS5 for Christmas. They both had an account each on it but my eldest son was always on it meaning my youngest barely had a look in.

I've managed to pick up another from Game and signed my youngest in on that one but all the games in the library are locked.

Is there anyway to unlock them on this second console or do I have to pay for them again? I've tried the restore licences but not worked.

If the games were bought on your oldest sons account digitally they will only work on his home console

You can sign him in on your youngest console and change it to his home console and then the games will work on it and your oldest can log into his console and still play them as well

Sorry if this makes no sense I’m one of those dyslexics and don’t always write things right 

or at least that’s how it worked on PS4 and still works with the new xbox

Edited by Tubbymofo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rain King said:

Yeah it's possible to game/account share cant remember exactly been a few years since i've done it if i were you i'd just search on youtube for account/family sharing on youtube.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rain King said:

Excuse the adds on there, but this may be of help to you.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/how-to-gameshare-on-a-ps5/

• Like 1

On 28/07/2021 at 16:36, moore_94 said:

Probably give the tennis game a go, pretty poor otherwise I think

Plants vs Zombies is a really fun couch co-op TPS if you have a kid. I've played it loads with my niece. There's online and offline modes with lots of challenges. Just avoid the microtransactions (there's still a good progression system with cosmetics that you don't have to pay for) and it's a blast to play. I haven't played the other games but have an irrational hate of tennis lol 

On 22/07/2021 at 20:04, Legend_in_blue said:

:D

Loved the original so will definitely be getting this.

I've packed by PS5 away whilst I move into my new gaff, probably won't really play it until Fifa 22. I need a 4k tv though, might hold out for Black Friday or just get one around the same time as Fifa, as my current TV is about 10 years old.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Loved the original so will definitely be getting this.

I've packed by PS5 away whilst I move into my new gaff, probably won't really play it until Fifa 22. I need a 4k tv though, might hold out for Black Friday or just get one around the same time as Fifa, as my current TV is about 10 years old.

I was looking at the 4k TVs but don't want to bin my Panasonic plasma yet as the picture quality is superb almost 10 yrs on.

I ended up getting a 29" 4k gaming monitor for it instead.  Turned out to be a good decision.  Also a fraction of the cost of a 4k TV for what I'd want to replace my plasma with.

On 31/07/2021 at 17:03, moore_94 said:

Happy for them to delay this as long as needed to get it right

For sure. Devs are looking over at CD Projeckt Red and utterly shitting themselves. Expect to see a lot more delays for games moving forward. 

I have been a bit under whelmed so far and have only really played the console around 5-6 times, only when i am very bored!

I think i am more underwhelmed at the lack of game choice rather than the console itself, i don't think they have scratched the surface of the consoles capabilities.

I am stuck with playing either Fifa, or some Star Wars game, baring in mind i have never seen a Star Wars film!

Excited for FarCry & Gran Turismo

Edited by adejo92

I know what you mean. Just finished Ratchet, which was great, but not much else grabbing me on PS5 atm. Spiderman, but I don't really wanna pay over £40 for what's apparently only a 7.5 hour game. Luckily I've got plenty of older games to go through still, which will at least run faster on PS5. :D

• Like 1

If you've not played Fenyx I'd recommend that.  Will take you 50+ hrs and it's under 30 quid.

Despite not having much new stuff to get through, having upgrades on some of the older stuff is great alongside nonexistent load times.

My PS4 hasn't been on since last Nov when I finished Witcher 3.  Holding out for the upgrade to PS5 to do both dlcs.

14 hours ago, Libertine said:

I know what you mean. Just finished Ratchet, which was great, but not much else grabbing me on PS5 atm. Spiderman, but I don't really wanna pay over £40 for what's apparently only a 7.5 hour game. Luckily I've got plenty of older games to go through still, which will at least run faster on PS5. :D

If you've got Ratchet on disk, I'll happily swap Spiderman for Ratchet so that I don't have to spend £60-£70 on Ratchet lol

I’m currently replaying RE Village after doing the same with RE 7 and i’m enjoying it much more on the second play through. Before I was expecting it to be as scary as 7 but having played them back to back Village is the better game.

Probably going to sell it after this if anyone wants it for £30.

Also selling Spider Man for the same.

Edited by Costock_Fox

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Abandoned PS5 trailers app could reveal new teaser

The rumour going round is that this is actually MGS related, possibly MGS 6.  Trailer releases at 8pm so we shall see...

People still not quite sure whether this is a massive cock up marketing wise, or an absolutely brilliant social media stunt for something lol

I have downloaded the app on my PS5 and it just sits on a black screen with some small text saying "Check back soon.."

There is now a "problem" updating the app on PS5 or whatever lol

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

People still not quite sure whether this is a massive cock up marketing wise, or an absolute brilliant social media stunt for something lol

I have downloaded the app on my PS5 and it just sits on a black screen with some small text saying "Check back soon.."

There is now a "problem" updating the app on PS5 or whatever lol

Same lol

It feels like a deliberate move on their part to me.  

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Same lol

It feels like a deliberate move on their part to me.  

Yeah everything they have done so far has been to build attention and get it going around on social media... this has certainly done that! Even got Kojima trending on twitter haha