Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Steve Nichol

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

In answer to your question it’s because someone’s has paid them to give their opinion ....... why does it bother you (and so many) so much?   These articles won’t change anything 

going further its probably because somebody else wrote it following a quick telephone call during which Nichol less gave his un prompted opinion buyt was sasked specific questions -  "Should Man United............?" He probabaly said, "Yes, they are very good players that will improve them, but i cant see anything happening this year". Its less an opinion and more a response to a question

• Like 1

6 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Somebody is asked "How can Man Utd be improved".

Somebody replies "By signing two of the highest rated midfielders playing for clubs outside of the traditional big 6 clubs"  

Nothing to see here!

ha - i just repeated what yuou said. My bad 

To be fair to Nicol and other pundits like him, he isn't saying anything we dont already know. Kasper and Vards may be exception to the rule but we will always sell our best players who are young because they will have more ambition than the older lads. We need to have the mentality of a club like Dortmund, get used to us losing our players, enjoy them every season they are with us and have the faith that our recruitment team is so good that we may lose top players but we will find players who end up as good or better than them, just like Caglar has the potential to be a better player than Maguire, Tielemans for me is better than Drinkwater and Ndidi is closing in on the standard of another big money departure in Kante.

The ride of having top players is so much fun but we know if we have to sell them, we will be holding those tosspots to ransom!!

9 hours ago, mozartfox said:

It's a case of evolution :     Play for Liverpool - Retire - Become a Pundit - Morph into a Bell-End.    This theory has come up trumps so many times not be factual.

I've said it countless times. 

Television has become a convalescent home for rhuemy eyed ex pros who get erect over 'European nights in they kop'. 

In the large they know so little about football as to be redundant. 

Sky are so desperate to keep this scouse wank off going that they'll forgive one of them spitting in the face of a girl. On camera. What other job could you get away with that? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mozartfox said:

t's a case of evolution :     Play for Liverpool - Retire - Become a Pundit - Morph into a Bell-End.    This theory has come up trumps so many times not be factual.

Best post of the month award certainly goes to you. :appl:

Edited by Simoken

Its nothing new but I understand your frustrations as it is annoying. If find most pundits say nice stuff about us in one instance, got good players, building a good team etc but then they start saying this player should go to United as it's a bigger club. They are very disrespectful at times and nobody is arguing that United are a bigger club than we are (much bigger) but are they better than we are in terms of players, coaching staff, manager, owners, future prospects? Absolutely not. I don't buy this nonsense that our players should join United. It could take 4 or 5 years or even longer before United will be challenging for major trophies again. There is no quick fix to the mess there and whilst the Glazers and Woodward are there, I don't see it improving, regardless of who they sign and how much money they spend. 

One good thing is that Maddison will not be leaving, as he is not good enough for Man Spew

According to former Brazilian midfielder Kleberson, Maddison would struggle to adapt to life at United. 

"I don’t think it would be great for Maddison to join United," said World Cup winner Kleberson, Leicester have had a good start to the season, but when you do a big jump from a smaller club to United, it is mentally tough for these players, so it would not be a good move for them (Man Utd).

2 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

One good thing is that Maddison will not be leaving, as he is not good enough for Man Spew

According to former Brazilian midfielder Kleberson, Maddison would struggle to adapt to life at United. 

"I don’t think it would be great for Maddison to join United," said World Cup winner Kleberson, Leicester have had a good start to the season, but when you do a big jump from a smaller club to United, it is mentally tough for these players, so it would not be a good move for them (Man Utd).

So lets say we are a small club for arguments sake.

Is he really saying that no big club should ever sign a player from a small club? What an idiotic theory, countless examples of this happening.

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

So lets say we are a small club for arguments sake.

Is he really saying that no big club should ever sign a player from a small club? What an idiotic theory, countless examples of this happening.

...he is clearly not saying that!!!

Just an observation that it is not easy for some players to make the leap to a big club. This is either from his personal experience and  obviously a professional standpoint.

7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is clearly not saying that!!!

Just an observation that it is not easy for some players to make the leap to a big club. This is either from his personal experience and  obviously a professional standpoint.

I probably should have explained my comment.

He says 'when you do a big jump from a smaller club to United, it is mentally tough for these players, so it would not be a good move for them.'

I read that as him saying it would be difficult for for players moving from a small club to a big club and therefore , automatically in his view, it would not be a good move which implies that clubs shouldnt do it for the reasons he has mentioned. Its a bit presumptuous and most players at big clubs were bought from 'small' clubs. At Liverpool alone you have VVD, Sane, Robertson, Henderson, etc

Edited by Nalis

4 hours ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Has FT ever started it's own rumours? Let's get some fake news sorted. if you can't beat em, join em. 

It would be interesting to see how far it got. If someone started a thread saying for example Leicester have offered Rooney a much better deal and he has dumped them and will sign for us in January. A couple of posters claiming to be ITK chimes in with they had seen him at the club, they have spoken to x and Y, how long before it made it to the mainstream media?

• Like 1