Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dorkingfox

Steve Nichol

Why do these has beens write/discuss in the media such drivel?

Liverpool legend Steve Nicol has backed Manchester United to sign English duo James Maddison and Declan Rice - but not until next summer.

Leicester star Maddison and West Ham midfielder Rice have both been linked with January moves to Old Trafford.

United are in need of reinforcements following their worst start to a season for 30 years. Nicol believes Maddison and Rice will still see United as a significant step up from their current clubs.

Why would Rice or Maddison leave their successfully developing clubs, for a club one that's in decline and years past their best? Man Utd are living on their name and past glories.

The amount of speculation is a joke, maybe we are becoming far more interesting that most of the other premiere teams? or is the media just crap😂

• Like 1

It does not bother me (and probably many others)? It is merely an observation at how pathetic the sports media has become and how these pathetic pundits get jobs banging on about the same thing. If we did not post comments there would be no forum?

How do we now that with the consistent bombardment of inane rubbish does not affect the players stability? Most probably brush it off, but if you are continually being told how wonderful you are, it could eventually sway your opinion of yourself. These are you young footballers and can be fickle, the pressure these days on them to succeed is very high, so never say never.

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

It does not bother me (and probably many others)? It is merely an observation at how pathetic the sports media has become and how these pathetic pundits get jobs banging on about the same thing. If we did not post comments there would be no forum?

How do we now that with the consistent bombardment of inane rubbish does not affect the players stability? Most probably brush it off, but if you are continually being told how wonderful you are, it could eventually sway your opinion of yourself. These are you young footballers and can be fickle, the pressure these days on them to succeed is very high, so never say never.

Has become? You must be from Mars :)

Nicol, Sutton etc. have realised that the money is running out & have to start working for a living.

Sod that, why work when you can get paid very well for talking bollox. Something that the majority of pundits are good at.

I would love to be paid very well for talking bollox but unfortunately I am not an ex professional footballer so I'll stick to talking bollox at the game & on message boards in the pub for nowt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Why do these has beens write/discuss in the media such drivel?

Liverpool legend Steve Nicol has backed Manchester United to sign English duo James Maddison and Declan Rice - but not until next summer.

Leicester star Maddison and West Ham midfielder Rice have both been linked with January moves to Old Trafford.

United are in need of reinforcements following their worst start to a season for 30 years. Nicol believes Maddison and Rice will still see United as a significant step up from their current clubs.

Why would Rice or Maddison leave their successfully developing clubs, for a club one that's in decline and years past their best? Man Utd are living on their name and past glories.

The amount of speculation is a joke, maybe we are becoming far more interesting that most of the other premiere teams? or is the media just crap😂

yes it's just crap. Rarely get anything right, apart from when Vardy went to Everton. 

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

In answer to your question it’s because someone’s has paid them to give their opinion ....... why does it bother you (and so many) so much?   These articles won’t change anything 

It Irks me because some people dont see what is going on here. It can often be the work of an Agent to help unsettle players. Yes the writers get paid to write them but agents also pay them to write an article that could helkp get their player moved on. Similar to the 'cash for questions' scenerio that goes on in the political world.

• Like 2

What I find frustrating is these type of comments are lapped up by plastics and tabloid readers. I've already had comments along the lines of '.... I see that Maddison is off to Man Utd then'. I can't be bothered to engage mostly but it does get annoying.

• Like 1