Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vichai Memorial Garden Opens

11 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

Hotel/concert arena, pulling the concourses out family/kop and adding another tear with hospitality,changing rooms,directors boxes etc werent come cheap! I think £200m is a fair estimate

I think that just because its football everyone has an inflated view of costs. You could build two entire KPs for that sort of money. Its not like they have to buy the land

15 hours ago, urban fox said:

I think that just because its football everyone has an inflated view of costs. You could build two entire KPs for that sort of money. Its not like they have to buy the land

two kingpower stadiums that were done on the cheap and not structurally strong enough to host concerts.  These guys live in the big world and will spend big on a world class venue! Mclaren will move on from the new training ground and start on the ground! They dont construct low budget stadiums like the walkers stadium was in the first place. All of the Eon site and brownfield has been purchased and the space will be maximised for something special. 

• 4 months later...
On 25/03/2020 at 14:41, Spudulike said:

No game to mark Vichai's birthday this year. I'm sure there will be something appropriate in his garden. 

It would be his birthday on Saturday (4th April).

Am thinking of visiting the memorial garden area then (if it's open to the public?).

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

It would be his birthday on Saturday (4th April).

Am thinking of visiting the memorial garden area then (if it's open to the public?).

I think you need to rethink that, do you actually understand what's happening?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, red5 said:

I think you need to rethink that, do you actually understand what's happening?

Yes, of course.

Work down the road from the stadium, and thought about this possibility.

But, now bearing in mind these government precautions being in place currently (that slipped out of my mind in my post above..), will erase this idea.:frantics:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Yes, of course.

Work down the road from the stadium, and thought about this possibility.

But, now bearing in mind these government precautions being in place currently (that slipped out of my mind in my post above..), will erase this idea.:frantics:

Haha to be honest my first thought was I could go, but reality kicked in and it was no I can't, I suppose if you're nearby it could be in your daily exercise?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 27/10/2019 at 15:58, The Year Of The Fox said:

Anyone been down?

It’s really nice, thoughtfully put together and will be a serene place to go at quieter times.

One question I have, does anyone know why some of the bricks in the wall in the picture below are obviously old bricks?

Any significance? 

It’s been so well put together I can’t for the life of me think that they’ve tried cost cutting

76F75FB6-BE14-468C-81AC-DB9F20FCD3E5.jpeg

Hi there,

I am currently working as one of the designers at the Garden Design Co. and am close colleagues with the gent who did a large amount of the design work on the memorial garden and asked this for you, 

In answer to your question regarding the bricks on this project, they are in fact new bricks which are faced to appear old. Formally known as Old Mill Bricks from Marshall's and was a design choice as apart of our project :)

Edited by Taylor
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I'm assuming the club can't hold anything 'official' this year but I am sure there will be many people heading down to the ground over the next few days. I know its in the middle of a hectic schedule but wondering if the players and staff will be doing anything to celebrate the life of possibly the greatest man ever to be associated with our club?  Myself and my family are certainly hoping to get chance to get down and pay our respects and to give our thanks for the great memories we have been given thanks to Vichai and his family.

24 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

I'm assuming the club can't hold anything 'official' this year but I am sure there will be many people heading down to the ground over the next few days. I know its in the middle of a hectic schedule but wondering if the players and staff will be doing anything to celebrate the life of possibly the greatest man ever to be associated with our club?  Myself and my family are certainly hoping to get chance to get down and pay our respects and to give our thanks for the great memories we have been given thanks to Vichai and his family.

Perhaps still a bit raw to hold anything official around the anniversay of his death. His birthday might be a better time when they could unveil the statue? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...