Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vichai Memorial Garden Opens

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

the walls supposed to look old rustic! They havent done a poor job at all!

Yeah that was my first thought.

I’m sure if they wanted ‘new’ bricks they could easily afford and source them. The old rustic look represents a traditional/established feel and I’d like to think it was completely on purpose.

(I have been known to be wrong before though tbf)

• Like 1

Guest TheBear

Firstly, I think it is a wonderful lasting tribute.

Secondly, knowing the company and the people that have designed and created this garden personally, I know their work is of the highest standards, the club/owners wanted an "Old English Garden" theme which is similar to Vichai's own garden, hence the old bricks, the club wanted a local company to do the job too. Obviously with the weather and the obvious time constraints I think it is a fantastic job all things considered. A job of this size would normally take 2-3 months but has been completed in just 23 days.

Well done to everyone associated with it.

1 minute ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Is it in the area where the helicopter actually crashed? From what I remember this wasn't actually the clubs land? Or is it where the temporary memorial garden was located in the car park? 

I think I read the well is the actual spot. 

• Thanks 1

What a truly wonderful Man he was.

It is absolutely incredible how one Man can still bring so many tears to so many Foxes Fans. He will always be in our hearts. 

Now Team,  please do something for him to repay what he did for all of us. Breaking the record on the first anniversary of his passing was brilliant. Now a cup and 4th please.

To Top and family, a massive thank you for not giving up on us. The Leicester City FC family love you. You could have walked away with heads held high and no one would have blamed you. But you did not.

• Like 1

I’ve been to the garden this morning, really lovely and peaceful. I think everything looks beautiful and lots of personal touches for Vichai. If you say at the barrier that you want to visit the memorial garden you can drive right round and park at the back of the stadium. The well is the actual crash location.

Incidentally, you can also collect a scarf from the last home game from the club shop if you missed out. 

Ps I have photos but my phone adds them sideways - is there a fix for this? 

Edited by Illusion35
  • Like 1

Managed to get down today, got to say that the pictures posted don't really do it justice, it is beautiful and brilliantly designed. Got to stay for about 30 to 40 minutes giving me time to take a slow walk around, certainly made me well up:cry:. Also nice that they dedicated a part to the four others. Once it matures it will look even more stunning.

Reading on here that they thought that there was some poor workmanship but for me it was perfect, possibly the rain had caught some of the brickwork but overall it was top notch. The amount of work gone into it is incredible and being in the construction industry to get it completed in the time span is a fantastic effort:appl:

Would recommend anyone who can get down then do so, try to give yourself a bit of time so you can take it all in. Well done to all involved and with everything that the club does it really is top notch.