Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Vichai Memorial Garden Opens

23 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Are they perhaps bricks from Filbert Street? 

That was my thought but they couldn't have kept a bunch of brick knocking about for 17 years, surely? I mean I stole a roof tile from the East Stand after it was demolished but I can't imagine the club would have been so thrifty as to think they'd come in handy one day.

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

That was my thought but they couldn't have kept a bunch of brick knocking about for 17 years, surely? I mean I stole a roof tile from the East Stand after it was demolished but I can't imagine the club would have been so thrifty as to think they'd come in handy one day.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone had kept them. It was rumoured the old Art Deco facade from the Filbert Street end still existed. Duno if that's true. 

12 minutes ago, Soup said:

Reclaimed bricks can look the biz as new bricks can look tacky. What stands out to me is the terrible pointing. Really poor job 

Trouble is they were in a rush to complete it for today and it looks like they have laid them in the rain, laying bricks in the rain is a no go, especially when it's heavy rain but it should weather in.

Edited by smitha

3 minutes ago, smitha said:

Trouble is they were in a rush to complete it for today and it looks like they have laid them in the rain, laying bricks in the rain is a no go, especially when it's heavy rain but it should weather in.

Yeah true the weather this week has been crap.  

1 hour ago, Soup said:

Reclaimed bricks can look the biz as new bricks can look tacky. What stands out to me is the terrible pointing. Really poor job 

They were doing it in the rain at night with their phones as lighting. Can probably forgive an Iffy job.

What a fantastic tribute! I love this club!

The loss of Vichai and all of the other passengers was a massive tragedy, but the strength and resolve shown by all to come through it has been incredible. I genuinely can't express how proud I am to support this team right now. There is something about the club, the city and the culture that is just so endearing and heart-warming and I know that many other fans across the country think the same thing too. I honestly think one of the reasons why results on the pitch have been so good is because of the way things are done off of it. Even players like Perez and Praet when they have come into the club have commented about there being a fantastic vibe and feeling.

And of course all of the supporters deserve massive credit too, the tributes left at the stadium, the ode to Vichai at several games, etc.

Looking forward to visiting the garden myself and leaving another tribute there. What Vichai and his family have done for the club was to achieve the impossible and so far it looks like Top is cut from the same cloth as his old man.

COYB!

• Like 2