Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

1 minute ago, MattP said:

"Relative poverty" - relates to how far you are below the median salary in an area. 

Laughable way to judge it really, I think in Monte Carlo you'll be in "poverty" on 100k a year or something. 

Yeah, that's kinda my point Matt. When Corbyn's opening statement is that "we've got 4 million kids in this country living in poverty" I just wonder how true it really is.

• Like 2

"Relative poverty" - relates to how far you are below the median salary in an area. 

Laughable way to judge it really, I think in Monte Carlo you'll be in "poverty" on 100k a year or something. 

This is true. But I guess we just need to look at national trends such as massive increase in the use of food banks and huge numbers of people on the streets to know that we are heading in the wrong direction. 

Bojo's best performance of the campaign this, seems to be on top form. Corbyn looks like a beaten man for the first time.

He’s just saying what people want to hear but there is no substance to it. He has NOT negotiated a trade deal. We don’t know what is going to happen when we leave. 

Bojo's best performance of the campaign this, seems to be on top form. Corbyn looks like a beaten man for the first time.

I'm not sure he's the full ticket really.

Part of me admires how he stands by his beliefs and principles but he's just not PM material for me.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

He’s just saying what people want to hear but there is no substance to it. He has NOT negotiated a trade deal. We don’t know what is going to happen when we leave. 

We didn’t even have an agreeable withdrawal agreement until he got involved, so it’s no wonder we don’t have a trade agreement yet. There are two political declarations that state what they aim to achieve and a current trade agreement and regulatory alignment to work from. It really should be done in an afternoon.

• Like 2

I refused to watch. Nothing could win me round to Boris and knowing Corbyn is the only other option is equally depressing. 

I'm basing my vote purely on local candidates, I don't need to see this pair of twats talk shit. I'm getting more education from Peppa pig which I'm watching with the little un

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Boris clearly 'winning' this for me but dear god, if these two are the best 'leaders' this country can serve up then it's a pretty sad state of affairs.

Clear Boris win for me as well, did far better than he did in the ITV debate. 

Corbyn's net approval rating is now -40, to put that into context Prince Andrew is only -59.

1 minute ago, Mark_w said:

Not even going to ask him about shying away from the Neil interview then? Great. Very brave.

Not sure they'll take that question in a "debate" as it's an attack on one of the candidates rather than a question for both.

I'm astonished Corbyn didn't mention it though - I mean why wouldn't you???

I'm hoping for:

1) One Nation Conservatism (Jewish are welcome)

2) Entrepreneurship

3) "Excellence" is not a dirty word

4) Responsible spending

5) Balanced taxation

6) Our history taught in schools without either grandeur or guilt 

7) Brexit delivered for democracy alone

8) The Labour Party returns to left/centrist politics. 

The country will be better for all the above.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Boris clearly 'winning' this for me but dear god, if these two are the best 'leaders' this country can serve up then it's a pretty sad state of affairs.

It gets worse and worse every election I swear. Fully expecting to be posting here in 4 years having the same conversations about Ian Holloway and Raoul Moat.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Can you imagine if they were to remake Yes Minister or Yes Prime Minister today, Christ, what a show it would be basing it on this lot.

Think i read somewhere that Spitting Image is making a come back. Hope so cos they'd have a field day with this shower of shite.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Do you think Corbyn really believes that we will end up with a US style insurance based healthcare system?  There are so many better solutions available than that; why would anyone think that is where we will end up?

If the Tories do win a majority Labour are going to have some explaining to do when he doesn't. 

Will be the opposite of William Hague and he keep the pound campaign.

One thing I don’t get in this campaign is why the conservatives are making so many promises of change when they’ve already had nearly 10 years to provide it. Surely a party who has been in power for that long should be leaning more on their record and carrying it on rather than making promises for the future. The problem is these things won’t be scrutinised if Johnson doesn’t put himself forwards for a long form interview and it’s easy to dodge tricky questions in a debate format.