Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

7 minutes ago, rachhere said:

What's going on here then... obviously it's a council election, but this seems completely the opposite to what the polls are telling us. Apparently a really strong leave area as well.

It's Labour v Plaid in a two horse race.

In that situation even I'd vote Labour in a council election.

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’ve not had my polling card through yet, @MattP can you vote for the tories on my behalf? 
:ph34r:

lol

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Tories

Corbyn gets smeared 15024120 times = we sleep

Boris gets smeared once = OMG THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE BIAS 

Corbyn doesn't get smeared - his supporters just think he does. 

Can you give us an example of a smear on him similar to this?

12 minutes ago, rachhere said:

What's going on here then... obviously it's a council election, but this seems completely the opposite to what the polls are telling us. Apparently a really strong leave area as well.

The article points out that the area voted in Labour councillors for many years, but Plaid won in a shock last time. 

So they're just returning to traditional local voting patterns now there's a new candidate by the look of it.....nothing meaningful to be drawn from this, sadly.

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Is being anti Jewish treated as worse than being anti-Islamic? I think it is probably seen as far worse, in many peoples eyes, because in history Jews have been persecuted and the name of Islam has been falsely claimed by terrorists.

40 minutes ago, twoleftfeet said:

Is being anti Jewish treated as worse than being anti-Islamic? I think it is probably seen as far worse, in many peoples eyes, because in history Jews have been persecuted and the name of Islam has been falsely claimed by terrorists.

I think it is worse yes; some degree of anti-muslim feeling is to be expected given terrorist activity and child abuse stories in the news in recent years.  Not justified, but to be expected.  People fear the "otherness".  Jews are being treated appallingly on the basis of utter nonsense, and held responsible for Israeli government actions many object to very much.  It is certainly worse imo.

8 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I think it is worse yes; some degree of anti-muslim feeling is to be expected given terrorist activity and child abuse stories in the news in recent years.  Not justified, but to be expected.  People fear the "otherness".  Jews are being treated appallingly on the basis of utter nonsense, and held responsible for Israeli government actions many object to very much.  It is certainly worse imo.

I think 'treated as worse' and 'worse' should be differentiated here. One isn't worse than the other, it is the same thing with a different target. Most muslims are treated appallingly on the basis of utter nonsense, and held responsible for the actions of terrorists the overwhelming majority of object to very much.

Ouch. I think the relationship between C4 and the Tories is beyond repair. 

"This shows why it has been impossible to co-operate with Channel 4 News. 

"They are campaigners in this election - inventing the most damaging things possible to further their campaign against Brexit."

"This sort of thing is why so many media organisations have collapsing audiences.

"We sadly do not expect the senior management at Channel 4 to take this terrible mistake seriously and we expect more of the same."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-andrew-neil-interview-michael-gove-downing-street-no-10-switchboard-number-a9235491.html

lol

"Michael Gove gave out the Downing Street switchboard number live on air, prompting the public to ring it to ask when Boris Johnson will be interviewed by Andrew Neil. The cabinet minister was interrogated on when the prime minister would face the veteran political broadcaster during an interview on BBC Radio 5 Live. Mr Gove was asked ”On a scale of one to 10, what’s the chance of the Andrew Neil interview with Boris Johnson happening? Just give us a number.” He replied: “Erm, I think the number would be 0207 930 4433. That’s the Downing Street number. And if you ring the prime minister’s diary secretary, he will know, or she will know, what the prime minister is going to do. I’m not the prime minister’s diary secretary.”

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Michael Gove = muppet.

Meanwhile, Jacob R-M has gone very, very quiet recently.  What's up with him?

Exiled for his Grenfell comments.

The Tory campaign this time is being handled very differently, they won't even send you to a seat like Mansfield to canvass if you have a posh accent. 

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Corbyn saying we've got 4 million children living 'in poverty' in this country. Is that right? 

Maybe my understanding of the term poverty is wrong :dunno:

These are widely recognised figures, yes. 

https://fullfact.org/economy/poverty-uk-guide-facts-and-figures/

Starting to wonder whether Boris even understands that he doesn’t have a trade deal yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

These are widely recognised figures, yes. 

https://fullfact.org/economy/poverty-uk-guide-facts-and-figures/

Starting to wonder whether Boris even understands that he doesn’t have a trade deal yet. 

Thanks for the link. Seems like there's been lots of different measures over the years but either way, its still seems way too high for the worlds 5th biggest economy.

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Corbyn saying we've got 4 million children living 'in poverty' in this country. Is that right? 

Maybe my understanding of the term poverty is wrong :dunno:

"Relative poverty" - relates to how far you are below the median salary in an area. 

Laughable way to judge it really, I think in Monte Carlo you'll be in "poverty" on 100k a year or something.