Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

Johnson will probably, with under massive pressure to do so, will attend the interview.

If it happens, the T.V. viewing for the interview with Mr. Neil may will be very high as the nation will want to know if he can withstand any questions raised over his integrity and 'promises' he's made during his Brexit campaign.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 04/12/2019 at 06:55, Kopfkino said:

Tbf I deserve pedantry back. It would indeed technically be oligopsony (not oligopoly:D) but in reality there's little difference between oligopsony and monopsony unlike oligopoly and monopoly.

I prefer....

image.jpeg.2fc3cab810e50753c6daa3d20b6fa537.jpeg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, MattP said:

Saying you do is one thing, concocting a story you might at a different time of day is ridiculous. 

What really bemuses me about it how potentially our next PM doesn't even know what time it's on - I know he's thick but even the pub drunk know the answer to it.

1st of all you must frequent the dullest pubs.

2nd of all it's a bit rich making out that you're fond of honesty in your politicians when the only thing preventing you voting for one of the most serially dishonest politicians of the day is a moment of misplaced confidence that he had anything resembling a backbone.

Where was this fascination with the truth when Boris penned his 2 Brexit opinions?  When he repeatedly defended lies toured around the country on a bus?  When he changed the laws of mathematics to make his election pledges sound better? 

Truth for me but not for thee?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

2nd of all it's a bit rich making out that you're fond of honesty in your politicians when the only thing preventing you voting for one of the most serially dishonest politicians of the day is a moment of misplaced confidence that he had anything resembling a backbone.

Where was this fascination with the truth when Boris penned his 2 Brexit opinions?  When he repeatedly defended lies toured around the country on a bus?  When he changed the laws of mathematics to make his election pledges sound better? 

Ah a whataboutary defence, I thought they weren’t allowed anymore?

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Not defending anyone, Corbyn doesn't have my vote.  Just pointing out the hypocrisy of standards being held against the 2 men.

Fair enough but it’s mostly people that are pro labour that are coming on here daily calling Boris a liar. He is I know, so surely it’s fair game to point at the rocks being thrown in the glasshouse?

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Fair enough but it’s mostly people that are pro labour that are coming on here daily calling Boris a liar. He is I know, so surely it’s fair game to point at the rocks being thrown in the glasshouse?

I get your point but I it would probably be better made about one of Corbyn's other lies, not pretending he has any interest in watching a little old lady chat at a camera.

4 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I get your point but I it would probably be better made about one of Corbyn's other lies, not pretending he has any interest in watching a little old lady chat at a camera.

A lie is a lie, is it not?

If it’s so insignificant, it’s even more strange that he chose to do it.

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yes.  Some lies are more harmful than others though.

Or in the words of Obi Wan:

I think that there was very little point to the lie, show me that he will lie about anything. He is certainly no better than the other option.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I think that there was very little point to the lie, show me that he will lie about anything. He is certainly no better than the other option.

Like I said I'm not planning on voting for him. but I'd absolutely say he's not Boris levels of incompetence or lacking character going off what I've seen of the two.  Very few are.

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

Like I said I'm not planning on voting for him. but I'd absolutely say he's not Boris levels of incompetence or lacking character going off what I've seen of the two.  Very few are.

I think we will have to agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Classic whataboutery.

I have little time for Boris and he's a known liar - he even knows it himself. Corbyn and his supporters genuinely think he isn't, when it's obvious to everyone else he is.

29 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I don't understand his point; just because the Tories made the NHS doesn't mean they can't now want to cut it back. The politicians of '45 are probably mostly gone and replaced by the 'newer' politicians with potentially completely different morals. 

25 minutes ago, MattP said:

Classic whataboutery.

I have little time for Boris and he's a known liar - he even knows it himself. Corbyn and his supporters genuinely think he isn't, when it's obvious to everyone else he is.

Are there many people who don't think Corbyn engages in diplomatic use of the truth?  Tbf I don't know many ardent labour supporters so I wouldn't know.

Edited by Carl the Llama

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

Will be some crazy results coming in on Thursday. 

Wrexham has been Labour since 1935.

Feel like we'll see a lot of swapping of places such as Wrexham; with normal supporters either annoyed by their parties Brexit stance or the general state of the leaders