Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

53 minutes ago, bmt said:

He didn't lie he was just non-commital. He has become non-commital because of Brexit and not wanting to betray either of the irreconcilable wings of the Labour party on that issue, but for some reason has let this extend to other non-issues. It's a bit frustrating to see as part of his attraction initially was he just stood by his principles.

He said he usually watches it in the morning, which is a lie.  Boris lies all the time no doubt, but lets not pretend Corbyn doesn't.  He also lies about dealing with anti-semitism among other things, and he is lying to the country about his plans.

1 hour ago, bmt said:

He didn't lie he was just non-commital. He has become non-commital because of Brexit and not wanting to betray either of the irreconcilable wings of the Labour party on that issue, but for some reason has let this extend to other non-issues. It's a bit frustrating to see as part of his attraction initially was he just stood by his principles.

He said he watches it in the morning. He clearly doesn't even know when it's on so why lie? 

No one is going to decide their vote on this, no one cares. No one voting Labour cares, no one cares voting Tory. I'd imagine almost every person in Britain knows he doesn't care for the Queens speech. Just stop lying.

4 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

He said he usually watches it in the morning, which is a lie.  Boris lies all the time no doubt, but lets not pretend Corbyn doesn't.  He also lies about dealing with anti-semitism among other things, and he is lying to the country about his plans.

Obviously you will say I'm being unfairly generous but he could have meant it's occasionally on and they watch it on catch up (which I doubt) but bungled his words a bit. It's on in my household but I've never actually watched it, and I wouldn't know what time of day it is on either. Boris lies on a completely different level, trying not to alienate Labour royalists when being asked a completely stupid question (which is designed to catch him out) is different to Boris on the NHS.

Which plans? 

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

He said he watches it in the morning. He clearly doesn't even know when it's on so why lie? 

No one is going to decide their vote on this, no one cares. No one voting Labour cares, no one cares voting Tory. I'd imagine almost every person in Britain knows he doesn't care for the Queens speech. Just stop lying.

Whilst I agree he shouldn't lie he has been slaughtered for not lying on Trident before by the same people saying he shouldn't lie on this. 

Also when Boris lies it is 'oh that's just Boris he lies all the time', and when Corbyn does 'he shouldn't lie'. Even though the importance of the lie is far less than the Boris ones.

Edited by bmt
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Are you deliberately missing the point completely perchance?  Why would he lie?  No one cares if he watches it, it is the fact that he cannot help lying when he had no need to whatsoever.

Campaigning politician tells lie. 

Hold the fvcking press. 

Politicians answer questions vaguely because they don't want to alienate potential voters. Can you imagine if he'd said "no, I don't"

Oh mY GoD He HaTeS ThE qUeEN He'S A RePuBLIcaN He WaNtS To AbOLIsH ThE MoNArchY

He can't win. He told a lie, and it backfired. It won't be the first or last time either. Same for Johnson. Same for all of them. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bmt said:

Whilst I agree he shouldn't lie he has been slaughtered for not lying on Trident before by the same people saying he shouldn't lie on this. 

Also when Boris lies it is 'oh that's just Boris he lies all the time', and when Corbyn does 'he shouldn't lie'. Even though the importance of the lie is far less than the Boris ones.

How about we just agree politicians shouldn't lie? 

Boris and Corbyn should be totally honest about their opinions on everything. 

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

What he meant to say was that he spends a busy Christmas Day taking home-made jam and vegetables from his allotment to the many, not the few.

He then catches up with the Queen's Christmas message via I-Player......on Boxing Day morning! :thumbup:

Just now, Alf Bentley said:

What he meant to say was that he spends a busy Christmas Day taking home-made jam and vegetables from his allotment to the many, not the few.

He then catches up with the Queen's Christmas message via I-Player......on Boxing Day morning! :thumbup:

Don't forget visiting the homeless, serving Christmas dinner and donating to foodbanks in between.

Politicians should lie better or tell more popular lies. I'd 100% lie to get elected. I don't watch the Queen's speech but if I was in the position where I thought pretending I did would gain me more votes and allow me to implement policies to change this country for the better I'd say that I did. Not only for myself but for all the people putting in graft for the party.

10 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Politicians should lie better or tell more popular lies. I'd 100% lie to get elected. I don't watch the Queen's speech but if I was in the position where I thought pretending I did would gain me more votes and allow me to implement policies to change this country for the better I'd say that I did. Not only for myself but for all the people putting in graft for the party.

Saying you do is one thing, concocting a story you might at a different time of day is ridiculous. 

What really bemuses me about it how potentially our next PM doesn't even know what time it's on - I know he's thick but even the pub drunk know the answer to it.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Saying you do is one thing, concocting a story you might at a different time of day is ridiculous. 

What really bemuses me about it how potentially our next PM doesn't even know what time it's on - I know he's thick but even the pub drunk know the answer to it.

It’s the incompetence that gets me.

2 hours ago, bmt said:

Obviously you will say I'm being unfairly generous but he could have meant it's occasionally on and they watch it on catch up (which I doubt) but bungled his words a bit. It's on in my household but I've never actually watched it, and I wouldn't know what time of day it is on either. Boris lies on a completely different level, trying not to alienate Labour royalists when being asked a completely stupid question (which is designed to catch him out) is different to Boris on the NHS.

Which plans? 

No one earning less than £80,000 a year will pay more tax (for example)

And all of this utter crap!

https://twitter.com/darrengrimes_/status/1202643283278811136?s=21

Edited by Jon the Hat

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Donald invites the Corbyns to the White House for dinner and games every Christmas Day and they have made it a custom to watch Liz’s speech when it is broadcast in the UK, which is of course Christmas morning in Washington. 

• Haha 1

He didn't say he watched it on catch up it was the shadow education minister on GMB but she didn't seem to get the point that you cant watch it on catch until after it has been shown on the TV. I don't give a flying fig if he watches it or not it is just like Abbot the other day I don't really care if she has read the report or not, it just means that its harder to hold Boris to account and surely that is the issue. The general public aren't mugs and if you fib about little things then your credibility is questioned people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.    

33 minutes ago, MattP said:

Probably advised by that shrewd operator Abbott :teehee:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Brutal.

The ending of this is brilliant; 

"The prime minister of our nation will at times have to stand up to President Trump, President Putin and President Xi of China. So it was surely not expecting too much that he spend half an hour standing up to me"

And he's completely right 

• Like 2