Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lester4Leicester

Best Left-Footed Player in LCFC History (so far)

Mahrez is undoubtedly a genius on the ball, but Guppy was far more reliable and to my memory a far better passer of the ball. There isn't the statistical analysis from that time to bear this out, but it's my belief.

I do know he never threw his dummy out the pram, though.

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
23 minutes ago, Sampson said:

What are you talking about? He's been one of Man City's and probably one of Europe's best players this season - and he's been keeping Sterling out of the side this season he's been playing so well.

Sterling 14 goals , Mahrez 2 nuff said..

Mahrez without doubt.

Grew up with Guppy and his delivery was second to none that only now Albrighton, with his right, is compared as the player with the best delivery. 

But as a traditional left footed winger, his forte was mostly putting on service for the likes of Heskey to knock in.

Riyad on the other hand was a 'le cut inside God'.

Coming in time and time again off the right flank to let that wand of a left foot do magic. The assists and goals don't lie. 

Guest An Sionnach
7 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Wtf are these goal stats?

Have you just invented some stats because you have some bizarre chip on your shoulder?

Wikipedia:  Sterling 16 appearances 14 goals , Appologies, Mahrez 14 appearances 3 goals. Look it up .

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, LC/FC said:

Because an attacker and a midfielder are the same positions... :dunno:

Midfielder Mahrez ? David Silva is a midfielder..

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Midfielder Mahrez ? David Silva is a midfielder..

As far as I'm aware... A winger is a position in the midfield, hence also a midfielder.

And the way Man City play, he's more of an attacking midfielder with the way they move the ball. 

Guest An Sionnach

You know, I used to think why do Man. City want Mahrez when they have Sterling , these days I think why do Man. City. want Mahrez when they have Sterling and Sane and Jesus and Foden.

Guest An Sionnach

Jesus wept, Sterling has played 16 times this season probably more than any other Man. City player. Guardiola has turned him into one of the most potent strikers in the world,Mahrez is not keeping him out of the team.

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Nevermind.

I can't be arsed with this argument.

Why people have such a  chip on the shoulder against one of our greatest ever players continues to baffle me.

He was the one who wanted George Hirst in the first team.. I’d take no notice 

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Jesus wept, Sterling has played 16 times this season probably more than any other Man. City player. Guardiola has turned him into one of the most potent strikers in the world,Mahrez is not keeping him out of the team.

Maybe that's where the problem is coming from, that you're comparing a striker to winger with goals as the metric. 

I was being sarcastic before about comparing the 2, as they play in different positions in that Man City team. Maybe I should have put /s

So what baring do number of goals mean? 

Are we to moan that no one else in our team has banged in as many goals as Vardy has? 

And as for why Man City wanted Mahrez when they have all those other players? Because they're owned by a disgustingly rich arab royal family who can afford to buy any player they want on the entire planet for any price...