Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lester4Leicester

Best Left-Footed Player in LCFC History (so far)

Guest An Sionnach

OK I seem to be taking on the entire Mahrez fanclub so as a last word ,I acknowledge his major part in the championship side but he won footballer of the year when it should have been Ngolo Kante a modest low profile man who is beyond any shadow of a doubt one of our greatest ever players. 

Everyone claiming anyone not mentioning that great Algerian player that once donned the shirt in this thread as "having a chip on their shoulder" should take a close look in the mirror. There's a thing called individual opinion, ya know.

Mahrez wasn't the only one with a great left foot. Fantastic on the attack and at scoring some ridiculous goals from the right, yes, but in terms of passing and crossing, there's at least one who can challenge him for the title.

It all depends on how you look at it and what stats you consider.

Edited by MC Prussian

6 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

OK I seem to be taking on the entire Mahrez fanclub so as a last word ,I acknowledge his major part in the championship side but he won footballer of the year when it should have been Ngolo Kante a modest low profile man who is beyond any shadow of a doubt one of our greatest ever players. 

Mahrez is one of our greatest player too and he did much more for us than just being a "major part in a Championship side". He was a major part of our title winning side too.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

N'Golo 1 season Kante. 

Now that's what I'll never understand about anyone that thinks Kante is some sort of footballing hero for us. Yes, he was and is a world class player for 1 glorious season but next thing we know, he's Chelsea's. 

You talk about full blooded loyalty in players. N'golo came and then jumped ship immediately. 

Mahrez was here for 4 years compared to the 1 single season. 

Never understood how people can idolise a player that was never there that long for us. 

Now, I like Kante, I like Cambiasso. Hell I even like Mancini for what little games he had with us.

But none of them were ever with us long enough to say they were truly ours.

Guest Eamonn

Worthington scored in the first match I went to but my memory of him and Glover is hazy at best. But didn't that team under-achieve? Mahrez gets my vote not just for his skill but his impact on our greatest ever season.

Edited by Eamonn
typo

Frank Worthington and Riyad are the most enjoyable to watch and ever been privileged to see wearing a City shirt. Would love to have seen Frankie playing in Claudio or Brendan's sides. Would be a more equal contest. Sod it, will go for Wortho.  

Edited by l444ry
  • Like 1

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

ahaha solid trolling. 

loses his shit at the best left footed player we've ever had because he was only here for 5 years, only left because we were rubbish and he wanted to join the best side on the planet. 

and instead offers the thread a right footed player who fu cked off to a team 10 places below us for more money when we were the best team in the country. 

Absolutely bizarre that you defend one great player by rubbishing another. 

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Mahrez's skill is undoubted but it takes more than that to be a great player , some of his performances for us attidudewise were disgraceful while Lennie Glover gave his heart and soul for the club . I would never want him near this club again.

Completely agree. Compare him to someone like George Hirst, who has the ability of a world class forward and the best attitude ever seen in an athlete, and it's simply no contest

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

haha i didn't rubbish anyone, i just told the truth. kante was mesmerizing for us for a season, we wouldn't have finished top of the league without him. we wouldn't have finished top of the league without any of them. 

but it happens every time mahrez is mentioned, really stupid posters on here use kante as an example of a player, use him as a reason to put mahrez down a peg or two, all because mahrez wanted to leave. when kante actually did leave and got/gets away with it without a word being said. 

mahrez was better than kante, mahrez stayed longer than kante, but because he didn't track back as much as iain hume, 90% of our fans who are 30 or above refuse to give him any credit. and it's great because it brings about this exact thread every month or so and i get to add a few more names to the "this guy's an idiot" list i have in my mind. 

cheers. 

As per my own post, I'm over 30 and I agree with you. He's totally part of the World class trinity we had, with Vardy.

But for some reason, short term professional conduct some how means he was a better player than someone who rose up with us through the ranks and sprinkled moments of sheer breath taking impossibility for a number of years. 

Weller..both feet...Rowley...L.Glover...Jimmie Goodfellow..and Not forgetting probably our best ever midfield...David Gibson,the way he strewn it about,

Left und right Foot ...Complete package....

Honourable-best..S.Whitworth  wins our only Charity-shield,with his Left foot...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Arthur Rowley's left footed shots used to break bones , crossbars , nets etc.etc. and records of course.  Lenny Glover was really good you know and Mahrez is a powderpuff compared to them.

I've got a picture somewhere of a sign in the crowd

GLOVER IS GOD 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Mahrez was a great player for Leicester. A player who wanted to test himself at the highest possible level. He made an idiotic decision to throw one tantrum after 3 failed windows to get that move. He still came back and did the right thing, playing out the season. Regardless of who you class as our best left winger and even if that person is not Riyad, he is certainly not “powderpuff” in comparison. 

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue
10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

haha i didn't rubbish anyone, i just told the truth. kante was mesmerizing for us for a season, we wouldn't have finished top of the league without him. we wouldn't have finished top of the league without any of them. 

but it happens every time mahrez is mentioned, really stupid posters on here use kante as an example of a player, use him as a reason to put mahrez down a peg or two, all because mahrez wanted to leave. when kante actually did leave and got/gets away with it without a word being said. 

mahrez was better than kante, mahrez stayed longer than kante, but because he didn't track back as much as iain hume, 90% of our fans who are 30 or above refuse to give him any credit. and it's great because it brings about this exact thread every month or so and i get to add a few more names to the "this guy's an idiot" list i have in my mind. 

cheers. 

Not seen many who didn't rate mahrez as a footballer,  many have more of a problem with his attitude at the end, personally rate him as our second best leftie after wortho but impossible to really judge just a bit of fun.