Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lester4Leicester

Best Left-Footed Player in LCFC History (so far)

Yes Worthington, Lenny Glover, Mahrez and David Gibson were all great players, all had different attitudes and played in different generations when the pressures where different and kante was great, but we have Ndidi now who is not far behind. Mahrez was the kind of player you were happy to pay the entrance free for and Kante confirmed you had made the right descision.

6 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Yes Worthington, Lenny Glover, Mahrez and David Gibson were all great players, all had different attitudes and played in different generations when the pressures where different and kante was great, but we have Ndidi now who is not far behind. Mahrez was the kind of player you were happy to pay the entrance free for and Kante confirmed you had made the right descision.

I was more than happy to pay 25p to watch Frank Worthington!!

Yes kids, that was the concession price in the '70s

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, LC/FC said:

N'Golo 1 season Kante. 

Now that's what I'll never understand about anyone that thinks Kante is some sort of footballing hero for us. Yes, he was and is a world class player for 1 glorious season but next thing we know, he's Chelsea's. 

You talk about full blooded loyalty in players. N'golo came and then jumped ship immediately. 

Mahrez was here for 4 years compared to the 1 single season. 

Never understood how people can idolise a player that was never there that long for us. 

Now, I like Kante, I like Cambiasso. Hell I even like Mancini for what little games he had with us.

But none of them were ever with us long enough to say they were truly ours.

You are right what you say however with out Kante we wouldn’t of won the league 

So to me he is a legend and always will be!!

4 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

You are right what you say however with out Kante we wouldn’t of won the league 

So to me he is a legend and always will be!!

Won't dispute his legend status. I can't. It's a weird thing with N'Golo. Everyone in that title winning side are legends for being the side for winning it.

But his status Leicester City player apart from winning the title is overblown. 

He was like we had an exceptional intern that left for a bigger company as soon as he was headhunted. Fair enough but that means he didn't spend enough time to be properly part of the fabric. 

Nathan Dyer is a legend for his contributions too as part of the title winning side but still isn't really a Leicester legend but a premier league winning one.

But mainly as Scousefox is put is that Kante is a stick for beating Mahrez with, which is a complete disgrace, personal opinion or not, considering the service both of them provided for the club as a player. 

Was Kante at the likes of Forest, Sheff Wednesday, Blackpool, Bolton and the likes with us? Did N'golo help rescue us as we plowed on through to our great escape and keeping Premier League status? 

Was he there with us at Brugge, Copenhagen, Porto, Seville and Madrid during our attempt against Europes elite?

For the year he was here, I loved the ball winning little dynamo. But if anyone used Leicester City as a stepping stone for something better so blatantly, it was that man. 

• Like 2

Different eras different games but for me it has to frankie “elvis” worthington. This guy had it all. The ultimate showman, not only was he a dazzling footballer he was an entertainer. When you consider some of the stuff he used to pull off on the mud baths of pitches back then it makes it even more incredible. Mahrez is a close second but I doubt he could have done what he does in those conditions. In terms of a crossing ability guppy is probably our best left footed player.

these sorts of comparisons are nearly impossible imo as circumstances are never the same. Each of those mentioned above, along with some of the other names on here were each probably the best of their eras and that is really all you can say

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

Won't dispute his legend status. I can't. It's a weird thing with N'Golo. Everyone in that title winning side are legends for being the side for winning it.

But his status Leicester City player apart from winning the title is overblown. 

He was like we had an exceptional intern that left for a bigger company as soon as he was headhunted. Fair enough but that means he didn't spend enough time to be properly part of the fabric. 

Nathan Dyer is a legend for his contributions too as part of the title winning side but still isn't really a Leicester legend but a premier league winning one.

But mainly as Scousefox is put is that Kante is a stick for beating Mahrez with, which is a complete disgrace, personal opinion or not, considering the service both of them provided for the club as a player. 

Was Kante at the likes of Forest, Sheff Wednesday, Blackpool, Bolton and the likes with us? Did N'golo help rescue us as we plowed on through to our great escape and keeping Premier League status? 

Was he there with us at Brugge, Copenhagen, Porto, Seville and Madrid during our attempt against Europes elite?

For the year he was here, I loved the ball winning little dynamo. But if anyone used Leicester City as a stepping stone for something better so blatantly, it was that man. 

I am not disputing anything you said in your statement and you are right. I have been a city fan since 66 and to me he is one of the best ever players to play for us. Doesn’t matter if he was a year or 10 he was and is world class. 

Other players played their part they all did but doesn’t alter the fact that he was the final piece in jigsaw without him I honestly believe we wouldn’t of been champions same as we wouldn’t of been without Mahrez and Vardy. 

but sadly he joined us to showcase his talent to Europe’s elite 

3 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

I am not disputing anything you said in your statement and you are right. I have been a city fan since 66 and to me he is one of the best ever players to play for us. Doesn’t matter if he was a year or 10 he was and is world class. 

Other players played their part they all did but doesn’t alter the fact that he was the final piece in jigsaw without him I honestly believe we wouldn’t of been champions same as we wouldn’t of been without Mahrez and Vardy. 

but sadly he joined us to showcase his talent to Europe’s elite 

Oh I do class him as part of our 'Holy Trinity' of World Class players of that side, as any Leicester fan would.

Those 3 of Vardy, Mahrez and Kante are undisputed when it comes to that team. They have been for the past 3/4 years and will continue on into the future.

It's just that Kante to me and a lot of others regard him as 3rd in that triumvirate for reasons I've already stated.

Now all that remains is Vardy and we all want a statue.

• Like 1

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Riyad Mahrez anybody ?

God you're tit.

Just because a person's character isn't what you want from a person, it doesn't diminish the talent on display. 

Still has a Godly left foot regardless if he's a petulant crybaby. 

Should the rest of us disregard any sort of ability you might actually possess in regards to your talents if you're a frigging Moron who can't seem to separate ability and attitude?

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, LC/FC said:

God you're tit.

Just because a person's character isn't what you want from a person, it doesn't diminish the talent on display. 

Still has a Godly left foot regardless if he's a petulant crybaby. 

Should the rest of us disregard any sort of ability you might actually possess in regards to your talents if you're a frigging Moron who can't seem to separate ability and attitude?

Sooner or later Pep is going to use his excellent left foot and kick his whinging arse out of the Etihad.

Just now, An Sionnach said:

Sooner or later Pep is going to use his excellent left foot and kick his whinging arse out of the Etihad.

As a Leicester City fan... What Pep Guardiola does with Mahrez, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero etc etc... Has jack to do with me or my club. 

He could be spending 500 million on buying Messi from Barcelona and still it would have no baring with me.

As Pep is the manager of Manchester City and not the manager of Leicester City. 

Are you sure you're on the correct City's forum? 

On 08/11/2019 at 19:43, LC/FC said:

N'Golo 1 season Kante. 

Now that's what I'll never understand about anyone that thinks Kante is some sort of footballing hero for us. Yes, he was and is a world class player for 1 glorious season but next thing we know, he's Chelsea's. 

You talk about full blooded loyalty in players. N'golo came and then jumped ship immediately. 

Mahrez was here for 4 years compared to the 1 single season. 

Never understood how people can idolise a player that was never there that long for us. 

Now, I like Kante, I like Cambiasso. Hell I even like Mancini for what little games he had with us.

But none of them were ever with us long enough to say they were truly ours.

Sad but true