Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

On 18/11/2021 at 10:38, Zear0 said:

Anyone else been playing the Halo Multiplayer?  I'm having so much fun with it, pleasantly surprised!

Really loving the multiplayer gameplay and having a great time with it.

Will be interesting to see what the game events are that they have planned and whether post-beta, they'll allow for custom playlists and custom game servers. It's certainly seems like they'll have the player base for it. I do enjoy all the game-modes available, but I do occasionally just want to stick 'slayer' on specifically and have a few run-outs. I'd also like to see what the community can come up with whilst messing with the game customisation options. Feel like that's always been a decent part of the game since forge released a few iterations ago.

The xp per game could be better as well. I'm no game developer, but it feels like achieving xp towards the battlepass for completing goals based on the objectives of the game-type could be beneficial. Been in a few capture the flag, oddball games where team-mates have no interest in actually playing the objective. When they do, it feels a lot better.

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'm considering getting an xbox series s, can't see myself getting hold of a ps5 anytime soon and this would make a perfect secondary console with gamepass. Is it much of an upgrade on a base ps4? 250 notes, or 350+ really with a years gamepass ultimate. Tempted. Is it base 1tb storage? 

Only 500gb on the S I believe.

• Thanks 1

On 20/11/2021 at 20:55, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'm considering getting an xbox series s, can't see myself getting hold of a ps5 anytime soon and this would make a perfect secondary console with gamepass. Is it much of an upgrade on a base ps4? 250 notes, or 350+ really with a years gamepass ultimate. Tempted. Is it base 1tb storage? 

If you do pick up an xbox for the use of gamepass, have a read of the below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/j6afou/guide_to_getting_cheapest_game_pass_ultimate/

You get gifted a £1 trial of Game Pasds Ultimate, so you can load upto 3 years of Xbox Live Gold onto your account, then convert to Game Pass Ultimate for a further quid. Huge

saving considering GamePass is about £10 a month and Xbox Live is £40 a year.

• Thanks 1

Anyone used Game Share with a person in another household before? Trying to set this up for my brother today, so that he can get access to Game Pass using my subscription.

From what I've seen, it seems that once he's logged into his xbox using my account and set it as the 'home' console, he should be able to switch back to his own account and still retain access the Game Pass?

16 hours ago, samlcfc said:

Anyone used Game Share with a person in another household before? Trying to set this up for my brother today, so that he can get access to Game Pass using my subscription.

From what I've seen, it seems that once he's logged into his xbox using my account and set it as the 'home' console, he should be able to switch back to his own account and still retain access the Game Pass?

Yeah that sounds about right. 

31 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

Thanks! I'll have to run it again. For some reason, he was having to switch back to my account on his xbox, in order to get install options for the games under the Game Pass App.

have you logged into your xbox as him as well?? (i don't think you need to set your console as his home)

31 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

have you logged into your xbox as him as well?? (i don't think you need to set your console as his home)

Yep. We both added each others accounts to our own consoles, then set our own consoles as the home console for the other persons profile. We then switched back to our own profiles.

Maybe it's me having set my console as his home console that's screwed it up. He's downloading a game at the moment, by accessing Game Pass via my profile on his console, so we'll see if he can access it on his profile once it's done.

Bit of a brain teaser writing that out! 

On 22/11/2021 at 19:59, samlcfc said:

If you do pick up an xbox for the use of gamepass, have a read of the below:

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxGamePass/comments/j6afou/guide_to_getting_cheapest_game_pass_ultimate/

You get gifted a £1 trial of Game Pasds Ultimate, so you can load upto 3 years of Xbox Live Gold onto your account, then convert to Game Pass Ultimate for a further quid. Huge

saving considering GamePass is about £10 a month and Xbox Live is £40 a year.

How do i do this lol, it sounds confusing.

35 minutes ago, Ashley said:

How do i do this lol, it sounds confusing.

Microsoft have been fairly vague on how long the offer will stand, but it's apparently still working as of this month. 

If you already have Game Pass Ultimate, you have to wait for your current membership to expire. When your account is in that position, you should get the advert to trial Game Pass Ultimate.

At that point, you add up to 3 years of Xbox Live Gold to your account (3 Years is the upper limit). Once your membership is to Xbox Live Gold, you use the trial to Game Pass Ultimate for £1.00. Doing this converts your Xbox Live Gold subscription to Game Pass Ultimate at a 1:1 conversion rate. 

So, for example, your Xbox Live Gold membership will be until 28/11/2024. You pay for 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate. Now your account will show a Game Pass Ultimate membership running until 28/11/2024.

If you don't have the invite for a Game Pass Ultimate trial, you'll just have to pay the usual monthly fee and it'll have the same effect. Just means it'll cost you £10.99. Still a huge discount if you have the capacity to make the upfront payment. 

Edited by samlcfc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, samlcfc said:

Yep. We both added each others accounts to our own consoles, then set our own consoles as the home console for the other persons profile. We then switched back to our own profiles.

Maybe it's me having set my console as his home console that's screwed it up. He's downloading a game at the moment, by accessing Game Pass via my profile on his console, so we'll see if he can access it on his profile once it's done.

Bit of a brain teaser writing that out! 

As I understand it, and having done this for my sons Series S ready for xmas, you set the console that you want to share your games with as the "HOME" console, in my instance, that's the Series S.

In order to download any games via gamepass, the lead account subscribed to the service has to be logged in to do this. Once the download begins however, you can logout of the lead account.

Word of caution, make sure that your account doesn't sign in automatically on the "HOME" xbox, it will kick you out of your other console if you are both on at the same time.

Works well between my Series X and the lads Series S when I've been trialing this at home. Suppose the real tests will start from Xmas day for me though

1 minute ago, snoopy87 said:

As I understand it, and having done this for my sons Series S ready for xmas, you set the console that you want to share your games with as the "HOME" console, in my instance, that's the Series S.

In order to download any games via gamepass, the lead account subscribed to the service has to be logged in to do this. Once the download begins however, you can logout of the lead account.

Word of caution, make sure that your account doesn't sign in automatically on the "HOME" xbox, it will kick you out of your other console if you are both on at the same time.

Works well between my Series X and the lads Series S when I've been trialing this at home. Suppose the real tests will start from Xmas day for me though

Thanks. That would make sense inline with what we saw, as I had logged back into my account on my Xbox when he was saying he couldn't access the Game Pass.

On 29/11/2021 at 13:47, samlcfc said:

Microsoft have been fairly vague on how long the offer will stand, but it's apparently still working as of this month. 

If you already have Game Pass Ultimate, you have to wait for your current membership to expire. When your account is in that position, you should get the advert to trial Game Pass Ultimate.

At that point, you add up to 3 years of Xbox Live Gold to your account (3 Years is the upper limit). Once your membership is to Xbox Live Gold, you use the trial to Game Pass Ultimate for £1.00. Doing this converts your Xbox Live Gold subscription to Game Pass Ultimate at a 1:1 conversion rate. 

So, for example, your Xbox Live Gold membership will be until 28/11/2024. You pay for 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate. Now your account will show a Game Pass Ultimate membership running until 28/11/2024.

If you don't have the invite for a Game Pass Ultimate trial, you'll just have to pay the usual monthly fee and it'll have the same effect. Just means it'll cost you £10.99. Still a huge discount if you have the capacity to make the upfront payment. 

I'm going to give this a go then, that is a huge saving, and once you've done this there is no recourse for Microsoft? 

My ps4 has all but given up on me this week. The disc tray is constantly making the noise like it's taking a disc in when there is no disc. It's beeping constantly even when it's switched off, tried to play for a bit last night and it was so distracting and annoying I decided sod it and got myself an xbox series s which should be with me tomorrow. Any hidden gems on gamepass I should check ouy? I've had a ps since my 360, so really looking forward to giving Skate another crack, it's been years. 

59 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'm going to give this a go then, that is a huge saving, and once you've done this there is no recourse for Microsoft? 

My ps4 has all but given up on me this week. The disc tray is constantly making the noise like it's taking a disc in when there is no disc. It's beeping constantly even when it's switched off, tried to play for a bit last night and it was so distracting and annoying I decided sod it and got myself an xbox series s which should be with me tomorrow. Any hidden gems on gamepass I should check ouy? I've had a ps since my 360, so really looking forward to giving Skate another crack, it's been years. 

It's a genuine offer on Microsofts end. They've just never really been clear about how long it will run for. I think they just saw a chance to get consumers across to the xbox and ran with it.

There's so much choice on GamePass, it feels like a genuinely good service. Especially with the 3 year deal.

Depending on whether you've had an xbox before, you'd definitely be well advised to check out the Master Chief Collection. Some of them are pretty aged now, but they are a good run through if you're into FPS.

Forza Horizon is another standout if you're into racing games.

If you can get some friends together for a decent gaming session, Sea of Thieves is a pretty fantastic experience. Deep Rock Galactic is another fun game to play with a friend or three.

A couple of big budget single player games that come to mind are Jedi: Falllen Order & Control.

Worth just scrolling through and seeing what takes your fancy. Microsoft have been buying up studios, so they'll hopefully be a bunch more games hitting the app on the release in the near future.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

It's a genuine offer on Microsofts end. They've just never really been clear about how long it will run for. I think they just saw a chance to get consumers across to the xbox and ran with it.

There's so much choice on GamePass, it feels like a genuinely good service. Especially with the 3 year deal.

Depending on whether you've had an xbox before, you'd definitely be well advised to check out the Master Chief Collection. Some of them are pretty aged now, but they are a good run through if you're into FPS.

Forza Horizon is another standout if you're into racing games.

If you can get some friends together for a decent gaming session, Sea of Thieves is a pretty fantastic experience. Deep Rock Galactic is another fun game to play with a friend or three.

A couple of big budget single player games that come to mind are Jedi: Falllen Order & Control.

Worth just scrolling through and seeing what takes your fancy. Microsoft have been buying up studios, so they'll hopefully be a bunch more games hitting the app on the release in the near future.

Elder scrolls 6... :cool:

Somehow found a code for a 14 day trial for Game Pass Ultimate in a random crap draw - I haven't had an Xbox since 2019 so no idea how I haven't found it or used it since - quite glad I found it now, runs out in March!

Means I will at least get to give Halo Infinite a go, haven't really played a Halo game properly since ODST about 10 years ago

Picked up MCC the other day for £15 on Steam as well, although don't think I can get them all finished by next Wednesday lol

Will have to wait until next weekend to play anyway as I will be too busy getting stabbed in the ass in Naples

Edited by moore_94

44 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Elder scrolls 6... :cool:

I imagine that'll be a long wait, but almost certainly fantastic. Obsidian have their game, 'Avowed' coming out at some point too. Seem to be that they're aiming to occupy the same space as Elder Scrolls.

Bethesda have Starfield coming out end of next year which should hopefully be good.

8 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Set games to download through the night. Forza horizon 5, Microsoft flight, San Andrea's redo, jedi fallen order aaaaand that's the poultry 360gb they give you pretty much all gone. Annoying. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-12-05-stalker-2-will-take-up-180gb-on-xbox

Let's hope you're not fancying Stalker 2...

57 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Been so long since the last iteration, I took a peek at the gameplay reviews that have been knocking about the last few week. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

The open-world aspect looks like it brings back and add to the feeling that many people associate with early Halo games. Seems like there is going to be a fair few more linear missions too which I was hoping for, as the mix of that with wide open spaces is what I remember Halo being. Gives a feel of epic exploration. Hoping that we see something other than the environment shown off in recent videos. Doesn't look to be the case though.

The grapple looks like a worthy addition to the gameplay and not just tacked on.

Shame that it's going to launch with out co-op, as I have good memories of playing through previous campaigns with friends. When it does release however, the make-up of the game so far seems like playing with friends could add a lot and hopefully it'll be worth a second play-through. Cautiously optimistic.

Have you been playing the multiplayer? What do you think?

Edited by samlcfc

16 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

Been so long since the last iteration, I took a peek at the gameplay reviews that have been knocking about the last few week. Looks like it'll be a lot of fun.

The open-world aspect looks like it brings back and add to the feeling that many people associate with early Halo games. Seems like there is going to be a fair few more linear missions too which I was hoping for, as the mix of that with wide open spaces is what I remember Halo being. Gives a feel of epic exploration. Hoping that we see something other than the environment shown off in recent videos. Doesn't look to be the case though.

The grapple looks like a worthy addition to the gameplay and not just tacked on.

Shame that it's going to launch with out co-op, as I have good memories of playing through previous campaigns with friends. When it does release however, the make-up of the game so far seems like playing with friends could add a lot and hopefully it'll be worth a second play-through. Cautiously optimistic.

Have you been playing the multiplayer? What do you think?

Multiplayer has been great actually and a pleasant surprise.  Not played it as much as I'd have liked as not had that much time.

Agreed with the coop on the campaign being absent at launch is a shame, but hopefully that'll not be too long.