Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

XBOX Series X

On 26/08/2021 at 10:14, Christoph said:

Anybody played 12 Minutes yet? This game is difficult lol 

Having got back into gaming over the last 18 months, after a 10 year hiatus, I can confirm that virtually ALL games are difficult... even on the easiest settings. lol. 

the number of times I get pissed off and turn the Xbox off after being killed for the 15th time is beyond counting. 

I was never brilliant at games... but now it turns out i'm practically useless.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Zear0 said:

There's a Halo:Infinite campaign stream at 2pm today. Be interesting to see what's changed since the, unfairly savaged in my opinion, reveal last year. 

They had some interesting stuff to show off last time around, but it was pretty poor considering both the development time and that it is meant to be one of their flagship titles. With the average quality of the last two iterations. it's probably feeling a little do or die on this release for the Master Chief. 

Had an awesome time playing the multiplayer flight a few weeks ago and I thought it was much better than Halo 5 which I also found enjoyable. As you expect, it was much improved visually from last years showing and so it'll be good to see how the campaigns come along since. 

Can see myself spending a fair bit of time on the multiplayer when this one lands. Felt like they'd really hit the nail on the head with regards to what makes Halo specifically fun and well worth playing in a sea of shooters. 

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

There's a Halo:Infinite campaign stream at 2pm today. Be interesting to see what's changed since the, unfairly savaged in my opinion, reveal last year. 

Well that looked a lot better than the previous showcase. Visually impressive and it looks like they've made a decent effort to bring the gameplay into the next gen. Must always feel likely a risky move when working with something that's been around as long as Halo, but it needed to happen and hopefully it works well. 

Look forward to seeing how the open world aspect works, as some of the best parts of Combat Evolved were down to the expansive level design. Hopefully they can honour that in a new way, whilst still retaining a progressive story that feels like you're achieving something rather than just making your way through a checklist. 

Glad they took the extra year anyway. Looks pretty great and look forward to giving it a run out. What did you think? 

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

In a constant cycle of thinking of getting a preowned one s and then not because of work/knowing I'll buy a series X shortly

Picked one up within a few days of downloading the 'HotStock' app. Had a friend who did the same. If you've got a bit of time when a notification hits, you shouldn't have too many issues. THe current state of affairs with regards to console shortages is probably going to go on for a good while yet.

10 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Thought age of empires was coming to console gamepass but appears to just be pc, I must have misread it. 
Does anyone know if it will be on console I can’t seem to find anything about it?

They’ve said they’re going to look at making it but haven’t started yet. Probably be at least a year or two until consoles :( I thought it was coming out at same time too.

• Sad 1

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-11-04-forza-horizon-5-review-the-ultimate-big-tent-driving-game-cruises-to-mexico

Wanted to post this for two reasons, firstly looking forward to this as these games contain just the right amount of silly to make them enjoyable.

Secondly, well done Playground/Xbox Games Studios (whoever it was) for allowing reviewers to post reviews BEFORE the game is released.  The current habit of embargos on reviews until the day of release is distasteful (I'm looking at you CDPR and Ubisoft) and it's mildly depressing that I'm pleasantly surprised at a company doing the right thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zear0 said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-11-04-forza-horizon-5-review-the-ultimate-big-tent-driving-game-cruises-to-mexico

Wanted to post this for two reasons, firstly looking forward to this as these games contain just the right amount of silly to make them enjoyable.

Secondly, well done Playground/Xbox Games Studios (whoever it was) for allowing reviewers to post reviews BEFORE the game is released.  The current habit of embargos on reviews until the day of release is distasteful (I'm looking at you CDPR and Ubisoft) and it's mildly depressing that I'm pleasantly surprised at a company doing the right thing.

Not really a racing fan but played some of FH4 and it was quality. One of those games that everyone would get some enjoyment out of. This looks quality and already getting it day 1 on game pass is crazy.

They've also just announced that TW: Warhammer 3 is going to game pass on release. I think this really is Microsoft turning the tide here and with the end to this year they've had (Flight Sim on console, Pyschonauts 2, AoE 4, Forza Horizon 5, Halo Infinite as well as games like Left 4 Dead straight on game pass, even the success of Deathloop on PS5 which they now own) with the Series S means they are they obvious choice for the really casual gamer. Could be some other big games from them next year and when you look at the quality Sony pump out, plus the accessibility of the switch, it's a great time to be a gamer.

Played alot of Horizon 4, got the early access and all the extra content cheap by going through the Icelandic xbox store.

Hopefully comes online tonight. Still running a One X on a fairly average TV though. FH4 was very well optimised across platforms.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got one of the Elite Series 2 controllers?

I'm tempted mainly by the flappy paddles to use them in Forza manual shifting, would be nice to have such a quality device for long term use too. However with my current setup I just have a normal controller and two pairs of interchangeable 2450mah IKEA ladda batteries which have been really really good for 3yrs now. Having the batteries bolted into such a premium device puts me off, concerned it'll die much quicker than it should.

22 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Anyone else been playing the Halo Multiplayer?  I'm having so much fun with it, pleasantly surprised!

Is it just the multiplayer and not the full game?

Haven't downloaded it as I'm playing through from the beginning on gamepass. Never played Halo prior to this

3 minutes ago, snoopy87 said:

Is it just the multiplayer and not the full game?

Haven't downloaded it as I'm playing through from the beginning on gamepass. Never played Halo prior to this

Yeah they released the Multiplayer part the other day and the single-player follows on 8th December.  

• Like 1