Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

King to cut loan deal short

58 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Personally I just find this all very sad. There's a club somewhere that could really do with a Kingy and his professionalism. Young players could still learn from a man like him both playing wise and how to conduct themselves and succeed. I hope for an upturn in his fortunes in the new year. 

Maybe in the Championship but perhaps King doesn't want to drop down and especially with his relatively high wages compared to clubs in the Championship.

I wish him well. He wont play another competitive game for us again. Unfortunately for him.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Kingy should have been used as a striker by us more often, his ability to lose his marker was always obvious to me.

I didn’t agree, but I could sort of see where you were getting at with your winger/striker theories in the other threads but this is something I cannot get on board with lol 

Mods close this account down now please I’m sure it’s a forest fan in disguise lol

If the title winning season taught us anything, it's this stuff about 'levels' is bullshit.

The foundations of that title win were built on those squad members who come on and gave 100%, and i mean 100%.

Just look at how many top 4 sides haven't seen it through and challenged for the title with £30m players on the bench that were always "premier league class" or "champions league class". Give me the 'championship level' of Ulloa and King coming on and giving their all to support the cause over that. The club might have rapidly progressed in a short space of time, but you can look to each of those Premier League seasons and find displays and moments that he was absolutely key. 

It baffles me and actually angers me how anyone who's done what he has done for us can come in for so much shit. But i shouldnt be surprised when you look at the comments from our fanbase through the years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ian_marshall said:

Surely there's a starting spot for him at OHL. Keep him in the family until he retires then offer him an ambassador's role. 

I think Pearson and a few of the youth players have proved you're in a no win situation over there. Win and you should have anyway, lose and you'll be ridiculed

1 minute ago, Gamble92 said:

I think Pearson and a few of the youth players have proved you're in a no win situation over there. Win and you should have anyway, lose and you'll be ridiculed

Take your point, but I do think he's good enough for their league and even the top flight. Just needs games in my view and his professionalism I'm sure would benefit the club. 

• Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
18 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I didn’t agree, but I could sort of see where you were getting at with your winger/striker theories in the other threads but this is something I cannot get on board with lol 

Mods close this account down now please I’m sure it’s a forest fan in disguise lol

Kingy gets about 80 grand a week , in fact if you include Amartey and Mendy we have three senior players doing nothing and getting close on 200 grand a week. Actually Nottingham is not a bad old place but no I do not support Forest.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Kingy should have been used as a striker by us more often, his ability to lose his marker was always obvious to me.

Remember when Corbyn said he would ensure fans made it into the board of football clubs? The above is evidence as to why that’s ludicrous

• Haha 2

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

Remember when Corbyn said he would ensure fans made it into the board of football clubs? The above is evidence as to why that’s ludicrous

We used Steve Walsh as a striker and he was very effective. Kingy scored 16 goals for us in one season remember.

2 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

From what I've seen from Rangers fans, sounds like he's looked good but just been a pointless signing. They already had 6 Centre mids and started the season really well so he hasn't been able to get in the team, especially since he's had a couple of injuries.

I think this was a case of Gerrard doing rodgers a favour in taking King on loan.

I personally think his playing days are over unless he drops down the divisions

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We used Steve Walsh as a striker and he was very effective. Kingy scored 16 goals for us in one season remember.

Are we now comparing Steve Walsh and Andy King as well as using 1 season at least 7 years ago to back up your argument? 😂 I rest my case.

• Like 1

Having first seen him during that God-awful season we got relegated to League One – and then witness him develop into a key player in the one season we had in the third tier – it just feels like he has been around forever. 

He really has been there for every step of our remarkable transformation. I think he was even one of the players chosen for that publicity shot in which Mandaric was handing over the "keys to the club" to Vichai...!!

Therefore, I just can't fathom that he is, in fact, only 31. That's younger than Vardy! Mind-boggling.

2 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

Having first seen him during that God-awful season we got relegated to League One – and then witness him develop into a key player in the one season we had in the third tier – it just feels like he has been around forever. 

He really has been there for every step of our remarkable transformation. I think he was even one of the players chosen for that publicity shot in which Mandaric was handing over the "keys to the club" to Vichai...!!

Therefore, I just can't fathom that he is, in fact, only 31. That's younger than Vardy! Mind-boggling.

Yes it did surprise me too but I suppose he was still only a raw teenager from the academy when he made his debut all them years ago.

Guest An Sionnach
13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Are we now comparing Steve Walsh and Andy King as well as using 1 season at least 7 years ago to back up your argument? 😂 I rest my case.

Thank you for that.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Kingy gets about 80 grand a week , in fact if you include Amartey and Mendy we have three senior players doing nothing and getting close on 200 grand a week. Actually Nottingham is not a bad old place but no I do not support Forest.

What on Earth are you on about? 

I’m talking about you saying King should’ve been utilised as a striker.

Guest An Sionnach
8 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

What on Earth are you on about? 

I’m talking about you saying King should’ve been utilised as a striker.

You know all this is history now and I am not hinting that King should come back as a striker for us, although he might score as many as Perez , he had one prolific season 8 years ago but for some reason or another it was never followed up and who knows he could have made a half decent striker. He had a gift of losing his marker, and he is tall and a clever bloke. We will never know now of course , maybe he just saw himself in midfield but I am all for trying out different ideas and not putting players in rigid boxes.

Highly doubt that

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

You know all this is history now and I am not hinting that King should come back as a striker for us, although he might score as many as Perez , he had one prolific season 8 years ago but for some reason or another it was never followed up and who knows he could have made a half decent striker. He had a gift of losing his marker, and he is tall and a clever bloke. We will never know now of course , maybe he just saw himself in midfield but I am all for trying out different ideas and not putting players in rigid boxes.

Have you done your badges yet ;)

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Have you done your badges yet ;)

To be fair football coaching like weather forecasting is not an exact science. You can think you know everything about it and still fall flat on your face