Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

King to cut loan deal short

1 hour ago, Gubbins said:

If you remove the nostalgia glasses the last 4 years have been terrible for King career wise. Pretty awful when given a run of games by us and eventually dumped,  made no impression with a relegation bound Swansea, an unfortunate but ultimately near pointless loan with the sheep and now not even being able to make any impression in the SPL. The idea that any future career for him exists at Premier League  or even upper to middle championship level is almost laughable. He might even be best advised to retire.

This is not a direct dig at Kings, but footballers at premier level are so unimaginative due to the money. League 2 level players can be much more creative in sniffing out contracts and careers overseas - Aus, China, USA, Russia, Scandinavia....

I'd love to have a career where, for example, I could go earn 75k a year  keeping fit in a northern Swedish forest

• Like 1

Not even sure to come back. Rangers are trying to negotiate for us to pick up his wages that they were paying if they send him back.

I'm told they are paying a lot less than 50% but that's still a fair wedge if the reported wage he is on is correct £40k a week.

All comes down to money but if we wont pick up the tab he may have to stay there. 

42 minutes ago, wattolcfc said:

Get the testimonial sorted for the summer, sell out and proceeds go to charity. Be a fitting farewell to a real club legend.

Much as I.like kingy, a testimonial is an outdated idea. Once it served to reward a long serving player who'd missed out on transfer cuts and signing in fees.

Kingy has become a.multi.millionaire BECAUSE he stayed with us, not in spite of.

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Much as I.like kingy, a testimonial is an outdated idea. Once it served to reward a long serving player who'd missed out on transfer cuts and signing in fees.

Kingy has become a.multi.millionaire BECAUSE he stayed with us, not in spite of.

Usually thwy donate proceeds from them to charity so they still serve a purpose. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Tosh. He was highly regarded by Swansea fans who were gutted he didn't go down with them. In hindsight he should have done that. 

Derby loan he got injured, likewise at Rangers. He's still got plenty to offer in the championship or lower Prem. 

“Gutted he didn’t go down with them” jeeesh that’s his highlight is it. Mildly impressing in a woeful team. So much so he went to Derby next.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Tosh. He was highly regarded by Swansea fans who were gutted he didn't go down with them. In hindsight he should have done that. 

Derby loan he got injured, likewise at Rangers. He's still got plenty to offer in the championship or lower Prem. 

Im sure Swansea fans have great regard for a man who played 10 games for them, helping them to an entire win in the process. Also I've not seen anything about him being injured at Rangers. He's simply not been good enough to break into the team. I honestly can't see how you can look over the last 4 seasons of his career and claim there's anything to show he'd be useful to a premier League or ambitious championship side. 

9 hours ago, Langston said:

Saddest thing about his time with us is, unless I'm wrong (likely) his last game for us was the absolute shambles in Newport.

3 hours ago, Corky said:

More than likely it will have been his last game but a shame that it was that shambles at Newport. He deserved a better finale than that. I know sentiment shouldn't come into it but I wouldn't be against a small cameo in the Wigan match and then he leaves for a new career.

SHAMBLES

8 hours ago, Gubbins said:

Im sure Swansea fans have great regard for a man who played 10 games for them, helping them to an entire win in the process. Also I've not seen anything about him being injured at Rangers. He's simply not been good enough to break into the team. I honestly can't see how you can look over the last 4 seasons of his career and claim there's anything to show he'd be useful to a premier League or ambitious championship side. 

No I wasn't making it up. Swansea fans were actually really impressed with him. Check out their fans board and see. They thought that he had made an impact to their midfield and felt that he could really help them in the championship.

Gerrard has said that he has had a slight knock in his injury updates. But tbf to King, Rangers are in good form, it was always going to be tough to break into that side. 

From his time at Swansea, having watched the games closely with interest. I do think he still has plenty to offer in an attacking midfield capacity. 

The guy has always come on and done the basics really well for us. Even when he's been on the bench for long periods of time. Keeps himself fit and sharp, plays lots of closed door matches or for under 23's, he has never had an issue with doing that to keep sharp. An absolute professional, who really does deserve better. 

I really hate it when you state fact and someone comes back with some 'sarcy' reply. 

On 19/12/2019 at 23:35, TK95 said:

Sad I feel for him. But sometimes on paper things look rosy and doesn't always pan out that way. People were saying Jermaine Defoe would tear up the SPL but he's benched playing back up to Alfredo Morelos.

Hope he can find a move though. Perhaps join Big Nige at Watford!

Defoe’s playing time is being managed really well by Gerard. He has scored almost a goal a game.Morellos is the top scorer in the Europa League and a Columbian international.

• Like 1