Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

King to cut loan deal short

Another loan deal not really worked out for him. Was really hoping he would have his future sorted by now. Club legend.

From the daily record:

Welsh cap King, 31, moved to Rangers on-loan for the season in the last window from Leicester City but is now set to return to the Premier League title chasers next month.

The midfielder had hoped to head north and make an impression under Gerrard but that has failed to happen.

He has played five games and has decided to cut his losses and return to the Foxes and from there he might get a permanent deal elsewhere, as his existing deal is due to expire in the summer.

Full article:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/rangers-set-january-transfer-overhaul-21122829?_ga=2.219809689.1209327504.1576766130-336573377.1573482043

• Sad 4

I really wanted him to make it in Scotland. Still surprised he wasn't there in rangers midfield more regularly but you can bet they'll miss him from a personality side of things. By all accounts a Leicester legend and from social media you can see our lads adore him. Pleased to have him back for a bit. Decent championship clubs must be interested.

6 hours ago, TK95 said:

Sad I feel for him. But sometimes on paper things look rosy and doesn't always pan out that way. People were saying Jermaine Defoe would tear up the SPL but he's benched playing back up to Alfredo Morelos.

Hope he can find a move though. Perhaps join Big Nige at Watford!

In fairness Defoe is doing really well, last I checked he has like 18 goals for Rangers as a backup.

6 hours ago, Stadt said:

th?id=OIP.4dqVElzvFbVZD1odxnVGKAHaE8%26p

Absolute legend for us for a long time. City through and through. 

Sentimentality I'll be sad to see him leave but the reality is he's not at the level we're at now. Hope he gets a nice move to a good club and it works well for him. 

Am I the only one who found that King is only 31 the most surprising element of this story?!

9 hours ago, TK95 said:

Sad I feel for him. But sometimes on paper things look rosy and doesn't always pan out that way. People were saying Jermaine Defoe would tear up the SPL but he's benched playing back up to Alfredo Morelos.

Hope he can find a move though. Perhaps join Big Nige at Watford!

Master Yoda, is that you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Deserved better treatment after our league win season. He also played a heavy part in our Champions League run. Puel treated him very poorly. He must look back here at Matty James and think why is he getting a squad number and not me? 

As you all know I do know him personally. He was devastated to be left out of the squad numbers under Puel. Puel treated him so so poorly. 

Hope he gets a decent move and one day returns to us as a coach or some sort of capacity. He needs a testimonial game for sure. 

Good luck Kingy. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

He needs to drop to a lower level for game time. The problem he has is that reasonably good clubs see him as a good squad player and experienced back up, but this means he gets very little game time. I'm sure he'll be linked with top 6 championship clubs but he probably needs to go towards the bottom or even top of league 1 for guaranteed game time. However whilst he's on the money here no one can afford him.

He doesn't seem the type but if I was him I'd **** off to the MLS for a couple of years.

Absolute legend and such a shame to see his career stagnate so much.

Football isn't sentimental. We don't need him as a coach. No offence but I'm 100% sure Rodgers is a better choice of judge than posters on an internet forum. If Rodgers employs him as a player/coach (doubt it will happen) then King will obviously be welcomed back but he's only 31 and could offer his ability to a Championship club.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Kingy should have been used as a striker by us more often, his ability to lose his marker was always obvious to me.

We tried with him as a 10 and it never worked. Arriving in the box late from midfield was what he was about.

• Like 4

From what I've seen from Rangers fans, sounds like he's looked good but just been a pointless signing. They already had 6 Centre mids and started the season really well so he hasn't been able to get in the team, especially since he's had a couple of injuries.

• Like 2