Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

King to cut loan deal short

I wonder if he coukd fo a job for Soton or Villa . He's not had much game time of late but they could use his leadership and his late runs into the box.

13 minutes ago, Eamonn said:

I wonder if he coukd fo a job for Soton or Villa . He's not had much game time of late but they could use his leadership and his late runs into the box.

I doubt it, he’s nowhere near premier league standard and He’s not played regular football anywhere for years. Couldn’t even make the the match day squad in the spl.

Edited by Lcfc82

10 minutes ago, Eamonn said:

Never seemed that much of a leader on the pitch and it seems an age since he last did a late run into the box.

Think his leadership strengths are more behind the scenes.

• Like 1

Hopefully sets realistic expectations and joins a club where he will be starting when he leaves. I'm sure the money was great and he's had a decent time with us. I do wonder if he'll look back in 10-20 years and wish he moved and played more footie though.

He's probably made millions out of us and been a part of a great period in the club's history, so I can see why he's not been too fussed about moving on. I'll never look at him as a club legend in the way a lot do, but I don't have anything against how he's chosen to spend his career. Seems like a thoroughly decent bloke and by all accounts is thought of highly at the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Hopefully sets realistic expectations and joins a club where he will be starting when he leaves. I'm sure the money was great and he's had a decent time with us. I do wonder if he'll look back in 10-20 years and wish he moved and played more footie though.

He's probably made millions out of us and been a part of a great period in the club's history, so I can see why he's not been too fussed about moving on. I'll never look at him as a club legend in the way a lot do, but I don't have anything against how he's chosen to spend his career. Seems like a thoroughly decent bloke and by all accounts is thought of highly at the club.

Each to their own and all that, but I do struggle to see how you don't view someone with well over 300 appearances for the club who won all 3 of our recent league titles with us is not a club legend, must have very little legends in your eyes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

he's a good goalscoring midfielder, can seem him moving to someone like Derby and being a huge success

Was he not at Derby on loan last season and didn't do much?

He's obviously a club legend and a thoroughly good pro but he barely even made the bench for Rangers yet there were a bunch on here when he signed saying he was going to absolutely stroll in the SPFL.

• Like 1

The year is 2031. Brendan Rodgers has decided it's time to move on after firmly establishing City (which everyone is calling Leicester City after Man City's relegation battles) as one off the EPL's top teams, a third Champions League Cup trophy and recent treble.

Who is waiting to take over the reigns? Having just taken Swansea to the top of the Championship and an FA Cup semi-final, step up, Mr Andrew King!

:kingy:

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Was he not at Derby on loan last season and didn't do much?

He's obviously a club legend and a thoroughly good pro but he barely even made the bench for Rangers yet there were a bunch on here when he signed saying he was going to absolutely stroll in the SPFL.

he got injured so only played 2 games or so

1 hour ago, hackneyfox said:

8 goals in 102 games (over 4 years) doesn't back that up.

Scored well under Sven

yes because Pearson moved him to a more defensive role, funnily enough that meant he scored less goals

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

he got injured so only played 2 games or so

yes because Pearson moved him to a more defensive role, funnily enough that meant he scored less goals

So Pearson, Shakespeare, Ranieri and Puel didn’t see him as a high scoring midfielder but you think they’re all wrong.

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

So Pearson, Shakespeare, Ranieri and Puel didn’t see him as a high scoring midfielder but you think they’re all wrong.

no until we signed Tielemans we played a 4231, King was used as one of the 2 with Shinji and later Maddison as the 10, in a 433, like under Sven, King would be able to get forward and score goals, he hasn't lost his finishing ability he was simply given a different role to play.

He isn't good enough for the premier league, but in the championship he'd be more than good enough

More than likely it will have been his last game but a shame that it was that shambles at Newport. He deserved a better finale than that. I know sentiment shouldn't come into it but I wouldn't be against a small cameo in the Wigan match and then he leaves for a new career.

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

Probably time for him to consider retiring rather than slide down the leagues . Can’t see him getting another deal here . Great servant of the club but time is against him now 

He’s 31. As much as we don’t want him to “slide down the leagues” it would be a travesty for him to just give up.

i wish him all the best and will forever love him

• Like 2

If you remove the nostalgia glasses the last 4 years have been terrible for King career wise. Pretty awful when given a run of games by us and eventually dumped,  made no impression with a relegation bound Swansea, an unfortunate but ultimately near pointless loan with the sheep and now not even being able to make any impression in the SPL. The idea that any future career for him exists at Premier League  or even upper to middle championship level is almost laughable. He might even be best advised to retire.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

If you remove the nostalgia glasses the last 4 years have been terrible for King career wise. Pretty awful when given a run of games by us and eventually dumped,  made no impression with a relegation bound Swansea, an unfortunate but ultimately near pointless loan with the sheep and now not even being able to make any impression in the SPL. The idea that any future career for him exists at Premier League  or even upper to middle championship level is almost laughable. He might even be best advised to retire.

Tosh. He was highly regarded by Swansea fans who were gutted he didn't go down with them. In hindsight he should have done that. 

Derby loan he got injured, likewise at Rangers. He's still got plenty to offer in the championship or lower Prem.