Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 0-4 Liverpool - Vote Now

Leicester City 0-4 Liverpool

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 4.9

Total Average Rating

137 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Wilfred Ndidi 6.0
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Harvey Barnes 3.1
  4. Manager Confidence 97% 0%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 26/12/19
Voting Ends: 28/12/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Caglar Soyuncu
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Wilfred Ndidi
  7. Harvey Barnes
  8. Dennis Praet
  9. Youri Tielemans
  10. James Maddison
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Marc Albrighton (sub)
  13. Ayoze Pérez (sub)
  14. Hamza Choudhury (sub)

Kasper Schmeichel - 2 - Can't be beaten at his near post like that for the first goal and was already on his arse before Milner hit the penalty. About time we decided that maybe he's actually absolutely dreadful with the ball too.

Ricardo - 4 - Tried but nothing fell his way all night.

Evans - 3 - Needed to be brave with the ball against the Liverpool press. Constantly dilly dallied with the ball, meaning no options were available, meaning going back to Kasper, meaning we lost the ball.

Soyuncu - 7 - Have to wonder how long we can keep him for. He's an elite centre half.

Chilwell - 3 - Slight improvement on the Man City game. Yet again given a shit hand by Rodgers. No protection when he was marking De Bruyne and Mahrez last week and the same last night with Soyuncu and Alexander-Arnold.

Ndidi - 6-  Seemed to be the only midfielder willing to pass the ball.

Tielemans - 4 - Please, please, please give this man a rest. He's absolutely shagged.

Praet - 4 - Willing runner but barely put a foot in all night.

Maddison - 1 - Honestly disgraceful.

Barnes - 1 - See Maddison

Vardy - 5 - Worked hard, difficult when you get **** all service.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper Schmeichel - 2 - Can't be beaten at his near post like that for the first goal and was already on his arse before Milner hit the penalty. About time we decided that maybe he's actually absolutely dreadful with the ball too.

Been saying it for years, as have others. Yesterday when there were groans he had the audacity to turn around and talk back to the Kop. I mean, ok if a player wants to give it back, but he was doing the same thing all game. How many of his kicks went either out of play or to a red shirt..

Just now, Fox92 said:

Been saying it for years, as have others. Yesterday when there were groans he had the audacity to turn around and talk back to the Kop. I mean, ok if a player wants to give it back, but he was doing the same thing all game. How many of his kicks went either out of play or to a red shirt..

His first kick of the game put us in trouble and set the tone for the rest of the match.

He has good games and bad games with his feet but yesterday was as bad as anything he’s ever produced except for perhaps that 5-1 defeat at Man City a couple of years ago

39 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Ricardo - 4 - Tried but nothing fell his way all night.

Evans - 3 - Needed to be brave with the ball against the Liverpool press. Constantly dilly dallied with the ball, meaning no options were available, meaning going back to Kasper, meaning we lost the ball.

Soyuncu - 7 - Have to wonder how long we can keep him for. He's an elite centre half.

Chilwell - 3 - Slight improvement on the Man City game. Yet again given a shit hand by Rodgers. No protection when he was marking De Bruyne and Mahrez last week and the same last night with Soyuncu and Alexander-Arnold.

Ndidi - 6-  Seemed to be the only midfielder willing to pass the ball.

Tielemans - 4 - Please, please, please give this man a rest. He's absolutely shagged.

Praet - 4 - Willing runner but barely put a foot in all night.

Maddison - 1 - Honestly disgraceful.

Barnes - 1 - See Maddison

Vardy - 5 - Worked hard, difficult when you get **** all service.

I think thats fair. I was shocked how outclassed Maddison and Barnes were by their opposite numbers. Hopefully lights a fire in both as a learning curve as ive had a feeling for a while Maddisons starting to believe his media hype.. last night was a huge reality check for him. 

It isn’t Kasper’s fault that the instruction seems to be, Evans and Soyuncu stand stupidly close to him whilst they then try somehow to get the ball out of our own half, under massive pressure from Liverpool. Over and over again. It was unbelievable that we kept trying it despite them predictably being all over us from every goal kick. I was pleased when Kasper took matters  into his own hands and booted it up the field. 

Hard to give anyone over a 4/10 other than Ndidi who was exceptional and Soyuncu. Ricardo was ok too. 

We’ve become too nice to play against I’m afraid. Scared to put a foot in. Tielemans Maddison Praet in particular.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

We’ve become too nice to play against I’m afraid. Scared to put a foot in.

This, Man City and Liverpool may play attractive attacking  football but they're past masters at cynical tackles to stop opposition attacks, hard as nails and not averse to childish game spoiling tactics which refs seem to ignore.

As much as I hate to see these cynical tackles and spoiling tactics if the refs aren't going to do anything to stop them then I guess we'll have to join in at least against the teams, mostly the 'Big Teams' that use them if we want to progress.

We're far to goody two shoes - Definition - A goody two shoes is a person who is overly well-behaved, someone who is smugly virtuous.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, davieG said:

This, Man City and Liverpool may play attractive attacking  football but they're past masters at cynical tackles to stop opposition attacks, hard as nails and not averse to childish game spoiling tactics which refs seem to ignore.

As much as I hate to see these cynical tackles and spoiling tactics if the refs aren't going to do anything to stop them then I guess we'll have to join in at least against the teams, mostly the 'Big Teams' that use them if we want to progress.

We're far to goody two shoes - Definition - A goody two shoes is a person who is overly well-behaved, someone who is smugly virtuous.

Agreed when it was 1-0 and Vardy looked through he was immediately fouled and a yellow card accepted by Gomez I believe

3 hours ago, davieG said:

Soyuncu 7 MOTM fantastic defender, enjoy him while you can as he will be snapped up.

Vardy 6 can’t work with no tools but he still tried.

Ricardo 6 the only player who troubled them all game, see Soyuncu comment.

Kasper 4 poor distribution again, poor control of his defence.

Evans 3 worst game in a City shirt, didn’t know what to do with the ball at times.

Ndidi 3 as above, panicked in possession and charged around with no challenges.

Tiekemans 2 worst game in a City shirt, looks knackered and needs a rest.

Chilwell 1 totally exposed again, just not on his game and time for Fuchs.

Praet 1 didn’t contribute anything all game if I’m honest, not sure what he does.

Maddison & Barnes  0s both were awful, heads are elsewhere and both need a great game if picked against West Ham.

Subs, nothing of note but feel Choudhury needs a run in the side, all action and gets stuck in.

Final note, can we please stop these short goal kicks, sooner the ball be launched into the opponents half and they them defend it than have our back 4 all over the place presenting the opposition with the ball in dangerous positions...

Up the City...:scarf:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Soyuncu 7 MOTM fantastic defender, enjoy him while you can as he will be snapped up.

Evans 3 worst game in a City shirt, didn’t know what to do with the ball at times.

Praet 1 didn’t contribute anything all game if I’m honest, not sure what he does.

Maddison & Barnes  0s both were awful, heads are elsewhere and both need a great game if picked against West Ham.

Subs, nothing of note but feel Choudhury needs a run in the side, all action and gets stuck in.

Final note, can we please stop these short goal kicks, sooner the ball be launched into the opponents half and they them defend it than have our back 4 all over the place presenting the opposition with the ball in dangerous positions...

A real bundle of joy when second god help us if we drop to 4th

14 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

The 'stay/leave' option for the manager seems a bit out of place nowadays? I'd prefer it if we had the option of scoring the manager out of ten too? I'd have given Rogers a low score as it seemed obvious to me that Choudhury had to play in both these games.

Asking first Barnes then Maddison to protect Chilwell simply wasn't going to work. Albrighton is possibly the only squad player equipped for that role, but there are and were other tactical options.

Poor tactics from Brendan and it galls to think we'd have been more competitive in both games under Puel! I'm not pining for him at all and am 100% behind Brendan, but these two games have been painful... 

Barnes played on the right this game.

It is not the primary issue anyway. Ricardo is simply a much better defender - he closes down, he chases, his positioning is better, he tackles and he gets STUCK in. Chilwell is far less than Ricardo. This game - he allows once again Alexander Arnold all the time in the world to pick his crosses and shots! He stood too far back and tackled only once the entire game. He also played Liverpool onsite for the first goal. He let in the 4th goal. He was just poor.

Maddison had an appalling game too. But at least he was at the front trying stuff. Chilwell just kept passing backwards.

Edited by Tom12345

1 hour ago, Foxaholic ME said:

A real bundle of joy when second god help us if we drop to 4th

Yaaaaawnnnnnnn!!!! Took you a while to think that one up, long drive back to Newquay after that rubbish but hey ho everyone is entitled to their opinions... :appl:

7 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

It isn’t Kasper’s fault that the instruction seems to be, Evans and Soyuncu stand stupidly close to him whilst they then try somehow to get the ball out of our own half, under massive pressure from Liverpool. Over and over again. It was unbelievable that we kept trying it despite them predictably being all over us from every goal kick. I was pleased when Kasper took matters  into his own hands and booted it up the field. 

Hard to give anyone over a 4/10 other than Ndidi who was exceptional and Soyuncu. Ricardo was ok too. 

We’ve become too nice to play against I’m afraid. Scared to put a foot in. Tielemans Maddison Praet in particular.

Absolutely.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Barnes played on the right this game.

It is not the primary issue anyway. Ricardo is simple a much better defender - he closes down, he chases, his positioning is better, he tackles and he get STUCK in. Chilwell is far less than Ricardo. This game - he allows once again Alexander Arnold all the time in the world to pick his crosses and shoots! He stands too far back and tackled once the entire game. He also played Liverpool onsite for the first goal. He let in the 4th goal. He was just poor.

Maddison had an appalling game too. But at least he was at the front trying stuff. Chilwell just keeps passing backwards.

He did. But I was referring to ‘these games’. Barnes played left in the first, Maddison in the second. Both offered nothing defensively.

8 hours ago, Hammo said:

I normally find this thread an accurate measure of the players’ performances but these marks are WAY too generous.

We were an embarrassment. I’d give no one more than 5, while Barnes is a nailed on 1.

Except Vardy he's always at his best but this time was a victim of Rogers passive tactics.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Wilf had 6 tackles, by far the most on either team.

Soyuncu was my MOTM (even with the occasional poor pass), followed by Ricardo and Ndidi. Vardy gets a pass because we let him down. Everyone else gets a failing grade.

• Like 1

The truth is, the way to neuter our attack has become pretty apparent.  Force attacks to come from wide areas in the final third, where none of our wingers provide any threat.  And force our buildup to go through N'didi, who - while always industrious and a superb defensive troubleshooter - remains among the most hopeless midfielders in the PL when it comes to distribution.  Until BR finds a way to effectively counter that, we're going to struggle to score - which will remain a problem even when we don't have powerhouses like Liverpool and Man City peppering our goal with scoring chances.