Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

(Some of) Our Fans

2 minutes ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

Its clear to see the people doing stuff like this aren't actually mocking the 96 and homeless people, its just to get a reaction out of people

Granted I sit in the West stand now so I’m a bit out of it but I’m sure when I used to stand in pen 2 back at filbert street the banter was quite funny.

17 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

Yes your right, offending someone feelings is a feeling of hurt, it doesn’t mean it’s someone else fault that your hurt, 

Someone doing helicopter impressions is not an offensive impression in it self but I wouldn’t expect any fans to do it at Leicester fans.

I take your point, obviously. I think  there's a subtle difference in that showing the Sun logo isn't (directly, at least) mocking the death of those Liverpool fans 30 years ago, it's taunting Liverpudlians with what is for them a sworn enemy - the resentment  stemming, of course, from the Sun's anti-Liverpudlian coverage of Hillsborough. Part of the joke, if you can call it that, lies in the extent to which Liverpool fans have turned on the Sun. It's a newspaper with a history of headlines which have targeted gays and people of other races, and yet Liverpool fans stand out in the world as a set of people who have really taken the Sun's abhorrence at their expense to heart. Fair enough, we should all hate the Sun. Good for Liverpudlians. But taunting them with the Sun, as moronic as it may be, is a little different to directly mocking the death of an individual.

Either way, surely we're all aware that there are idiots in the world. We don't achieve much by fretting ourselves over the fact that they're idiots, or getting massively upset over seeing them behave like idiots. You're unlikely to convert them, for a start, and seeing as the rest of us already know they're dumb, there's little point in telling us all over again.

Edited by inckley fox
  • Like 1

Just now, inckley fox said:

I take your point, obviously. I think  there's a subtle difference in that showing the Sun logo isn't (directly, at least) mocking the death of those Liverpool fans 30 years ago, it's taunting Liverpudlians with what is for them a sworn enemy, with the resentment  stemming from the Sun's anti-Liverpudlian coverage of Hillsborough. Part of the joke, if you can call it that, lies in the extent to which Liverpool fans have turned on the Sun. It's a newspaper with a history of headlines which have targeted gays and people of other races, and yet Liverpool fans stand out in the world as a set of people who have really taken the Sun's abhorrence at their expense to heart. Fair enough, we should all hate the Sun. Good for Liverpudlians. But taunting them with the Sun, as moronic as it may be, is a little different to directly mocking the death of an individual.

Either way, surely we're all aware that there are idiots in the world. We don't achieve much by fretting ourselves over the fact that they're idiots, or getting massively upset over seeing them behave like idiots. You're unlikely to convert them, for a start, and seeing as the rest of us already know they're dumb, there's little point in telling us all over again.

Personally i think  we live in a bit of a snowflake society where we choose to be offended because we want the attention but If this the level of “banter” then I’m going to laugh at the person rather than the joke

18 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

It's the Boris Johnson chanting that has confused me to be honest. 

He doesn't represent the interests of the vast majority of those in the ground, why are they do enamoured with him? 

I don't think they understand that part. That's the tragedy. Funny in a way.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Cities aren't representative, and they're small. Cities are where people go to learn and to work.

Counties on the whole are a different matter and a much better representation of regional politics.

Much of Leicestershire is awash with either old school elite Tories or new wave povvo Tories that are jumping on the right wing bandwagon that the Conservative party have cleverly aligned themselves with. 

Merseyside and much of the north west is historically a labour strong hold.

Correct. Our stadium represents far more of the county than the city. I think that's pretty obvious for many reasons.

Imagine thinking the ****ing Tories are gonna make places like ****ing Syston any better. All you'll get is more closed police stations and homeless but hey at least brexit is done.

I dont know why anyone is suprised by this behaviour form L1. They're not exactly known for their high IQ or taste. Banter at matches is always about who can outdo the other with offence and this is no different. Morons

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I don't think they understand that part. That's the tragedy. Funny in a way.

Take this to the general discussion forum. Let people know that they're too thick to understand what they voted for. I'm sure that'll be a great way to convince them to vote for someone differentlol

37 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The best thing about getting pasted tonight is that our right wing fvckwit fans had to stand there in the stands and watch their team get pasted. Good. Go home and try not to hospitalise a loved one.

Oh dear...lol

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Take this to the general discussion forum. Let people know that they're too thick to understand what they voted for. I'm sure that'll be a great way to convince them to vote for someone differentlol

Oh dear...lol

The very problem here is evident in your previous post in which you've referred to this as political 'nonsense' literally seconds before your post quoting me. 

It isn't nonsense. Politics is a serious matter and directly impacts the wellbeing of large percentages of society. It shouldn't be treated as a means to flippantly react angrily to personal circumstance. Democracy should be fvcking IQ capped, seriously. 

I gave up trying to convince people a long time ago, it's beyond hope. People are hell-bent on sociological armageddon so I say let them have it. Won't be me that suffers.

Edited by Nod.E
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

The very problem here is evident in your previous post in which you've referred to this as political 'nonsense' literally seconds before your post quoting me. 

It isn't nonsense. Politics is a serious matter and directly impacts the wellbeing of large percentages of society. It shouldn't be treated as a means to flippantly react angrily to personal circumstance. Democracy should be fvcking IQ capped, seriously. 

I gave up trying to convince people a long time ago, it's beyond hope. People are hell-bent on sociological armageddon so I say let them have it. Won't be me that suffers.

Stop your moaning then:thumbup:

Just now, The Syrup said:

All clubs have their fair share of idiot supporters. Liverpool fans aren't exactly snow white when it comes to club tragedies. Theres plenty of previous with Liverpool fans making plane gestures and singing about Munich at Man U fans for example.

Exactly. It's not a big deal, just let the idiots get on with it, simple.

38 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Stop your moaning then:thumbup:

It's not all about me. Compassion, look it up! 

While I get angry at idiocy it comes from a place of frustration, not hatred. 

Edited by Nod.E

6 hours ago, Nod.E said:

The best thing about getting pasted tonight is that our right wing fvckwit fans had to stand there in the stands and watch their team get pasted. Good. Go home and try not to hospitalise a loved one.

Lol imagine slating the fans on what party they chose. At least slate them for the tinpot atmosphere we have...

• Like 1

I see a future where Football Clubs will gradually reduce fans coming into their stadiums.

With Amazon streaming and having the games so easily accessible, sadly actual in-stadium supporters will become non-existent.

I think games will become invitation only events for fans entering into the Clubs stadiums with a closer monitoring of identities and stricter selection processes. 

I also think the game will begin to look like a virtual / digital platform and fans will be on screens or 3D projections instead of seats.

I genuinely see this example and the continued rise in racist behaviour as the nail on the head for football fans. 

@Babylon asks 'is this how sterile football is becoming?' for me the answer is yes and things will only become worse.

But just like VAR's introduction, who is to blame for this sterility? 

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Bore off with the political nonsense in here, jesus we've had enough of that in the past 3 years.

Liverpool fans have been one of the worst for years, they can't really complain about this after some of their antics. I doubt it was to mock them or whatever either, just purely to get a reaction and wind them up.

Well said lad 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

I see a future where Football Clubs will gradually reduce fans coming into their stadiums.

With Amazon streaming and having the games so easily accessible, sadly actual in-stadium supporters will become non-existent.

I think games will become invitation only events for fans entering into the Clubs stadiums with a closer monitoring of identities and stricter selection processes. 

I also think the game will begin to look like a virtual / digital platform and fans will be on screens or 3D projections instead of seats.

I genuinely see this example and the continued rise in racist behaviour as the nail on the head for football fans. 

@Babylon asks 'is this how sterile football is becoming?' for me the answer is yes and things will only become worse.

But just like VAR's introduction, who is to blame for this sterility? 

I have to disagree, the minute there are no fans in the stadium is the minute the game is dead.

rise in racist behaviour? You clearly didn’t go to games in the 80s and even 90s.

Now it’s the odd moron, who is quickly highlighted and banned for life.

you don’t have whole ends chanting racist songs like you did in recent memory.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 1