Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesHub

Conor Tee moving on loan to Bulgaria

31 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What do we gain shipping a player out to Bulgaria? Different culture completely and not a particularly high standard of football either. 

It's not the worst standard for some youngsters to get some experience. I think the idea behind it though is to build up the club right the way through coaching to facilities in order to harvest the best talent in that part of the world. It's a win win all round, they get better and we in time get a steady stream of players.

15 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

What do we gain shipping a player out to Bulgaria? Different culture completely and not a particularly high standard of football either. 

We have previous....   OHL and the SPL.  Neither very successful. 

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Hmm. Bit risky to be honest, hard to see how a player can flourish so far away from their culture. A loan to a country that doesn't share a language is always dicey.

Their (new) manager Warren Feeney is also Northern Irish, so its not like we're dropping him in the middle of nowhere with literally zero support. And iirc part of the 'partnership' between the two clubs was that we'd support their training facilities and staff, so it may be that a youth coach goes over with him for a few months?

From one of FoxesHub's other articles on the subject it looks like they might be appointing Radostin Kishishev as assistant manager, so another English-speaker who could help him settle.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on at a more senior level, even if the standard isn't the best.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

We have previous....   OHL and the SPL.  Neither very successful. 

We are in the early stages of project OHL. Once they and this new Bulgarian side make it to the top table in their respective countries, they will be able to attract young players from each region of Europe that they are based in, talent that wouldn't get any play time at LCFC but are ones for the future. In the long run, these teams will be brilliant feeder clubs for us, but as I say, these are long term projects - 10 years or so I'd guess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Hmm. Bit risky to be honest, hard to see how a player can flourish so far away from their culture. A loan to a country that doesn't share a language is always dicey.

Players from all around the world come to England, I fail to see why it's so hard for one of ours to play abroad and attempt to learn a few words of another language. 

16 minutes ago, bovril said:

Players from all around the world come to England, I fail to see why it's so hard for one of ours to play abroad and attempt to learn a few words of another language. 

Exactly my thoughts. I often wonder why there aren't more British players abroad

45 minutes ago, bovril said:

28 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Exactly my thoughts. I often wonder why there aren't more British players abroad

Because generally Brits are language lazy and very poor at adapting to language - not to cultures necessarily.

1 hour ago, bovril said:

True, but a lot of them fail to adapt well, we are just familiar with the successes. It makes more sense now I know there will be staff "from home" there, that would help with acclimatising.

On 12/01/2020 at 17:10, UniFox21 said:

Because it’s a business and even though he’s never likely to be near the first team squad he may improve enough to get some sort of  fee further down the road thus justifying this move