Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lowestoft Fox

Why is there so little transfer activity ? We need to strengthen do we not ?

18 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Never mind our lack of activity 

How on earth have SSN managed to fill so many hours of scheduling with endless waffle about not very much at all 

The first time i was able to watch the SSN coverage of deadline day was amazing... i had no idea how much bullshit could be spoken by some many people, in so many places, with so little importance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Many teams may think that the season is almost over, what with Liverpool being so far ahead that they are happy to keep there money for bigger and better options in the summer. Although I also felt that we needed to strengthen Rodgers and the Club may feel that we have enough in the squad we have to do the job and finish in the top 3, let’s hope so.

And like others I was surprised that more of the fringe player’s weren’t moved on, and on loan players brought in.

Anyway it is what it is onwards and upwards let’s take 3 points from Chelsea today and make my weekend.

30 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Their ridiculous countdown clock as well, a whole month of not very much at all.

Every season.

The summer window is okay with deals going through til the end.

January is a damp squib every year.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

Every season.

The summer window is okay with deals going through til the end.

January is a damp squib every year.

The whole window is, not just for us. January is an absolute minefield id rather we steer clear of expensive January purchases. 

We've got little to gain this season, and almost nothing to lose. It's Liverpool's title, we might still be able to challenge Manchester City for 2nd spot. Unlikely we'll drop out of the Top Four by the end of May (:fc:), so there's no need to invest now when the prices are that inflated. Luckily, we're not desperate.

Summer should be interesting, though.

• Like 1

On 14/01/2020 at 11:22, Lowestoft Fox said:

It seems to me we need to strengthen a tad . But there's no solid links . If we want to cement top four surely we should be looking to do so .

I agree, however, if there is nobody available in January that will be significantly better than what we have then what is the point in adding numbers for numbers sake? It ultimately means you need to ship them out again in the not too distant future

I trust what Rodgers and his staff are doing, i think we will strengthen in the summer and that's the time to do it before a new season and champions league campaign

• Like 1