Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lowestoft Fox

Why is there so little transfer activity ? We need to strengthen do we not ?

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Didn’t know where to put this, surely couldn’t be us? 

 

.. that price is a steal!! 

We have discussed him before in previous windows and he would definitely be an improvement to our team! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. that price is a steal!! 

We have discussed him before in previous windows and he would definitely be an improvement to our team! 

linked heavily with villa

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

linked heavily with villa

It is dumb if so. They need experience. Should have tried hard for Giroud or Benteke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It is dumb if so. They need experience. Should have tried hard for Giroud or Benteke.

 

Wtf. 

 

Benteke who goes months between goals? They need goals desperately to stay up, they need to take a punt on an actual goal scorer. Experience is a myth. 

 

They don't need experience they need quality. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

Wtf. 

 

Benteke who goes months between goals? They need goals desperately to stay up, they need to take a punt on an actual goal scorer. Experience is a myth. 

 

They don't need experience they need quality. 

Will concede that Benteke is a bad shout but Giroud? Maybe they could get someone on loan, is that lad from Chelsea playing much, Batman?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Will concede that Benteke is a bad shout but Giroud? Maybe they could get someone on loan, is that lad from Chelsea playing much, Batman?

 

Giroud has no Premier league goals this year, two last year, three the year before. 

 

The last time he got double figures was 16/17 when he managed twelve at a top four club. 

 

His record in the Prem is 16 in a season in which he played every single game, again for a top four club. 

 

He's an over the hill donkey with zero mobility, limited technical ability and no goals left in him. 

 

Edited by Finnegan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

 

Giroud has no Premier league goals this year, two last year, three the year before. 

 

The last time he got double figures was 16/17 when he managed twelve got a top four club. 

 

His record in the Prem is 16 in a season in which he played every single game, again for a top four club. 

 

He's an over the hill donkey with no zero mobility, limited technical ability and no goals left in him. 

 

Disagree, watched an article on Giroud and despite the fact he does not play much, he has a good return when he does start.

If they go for Samatta it will be interesting but no idea why you feel that’s a safer bet.

To be honest, not that I care, it’s Villa :dunno:

 

For reference 

 

 

Edited by Dahnsouff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Will concede that Benteke is a bad shout but Giroud? Maybe they could get someone on loan, is that lad from Chelsea playing much, Batman?

Is Benteke the new Junior Lewis??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d rather we signed nobody, than panic signed someone. 

 

We want the right people, not simply anyone, even more so with just how fickle we’ve become 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling (probably more in hope) that summer is when we spend big, but also see a lot leave (permanently)

 

Slimani

Silva

Gray

Mendy

Amartey

King

James

Diabaté

Ghezzal

Kapustka 


Not saying they’ll all go but at least half will... throw in a few academy players, you could say we will have a bit of an overhaul going on...
That being the case then money will be freed up on wages more than anything 

 

Also by the summer we will know if we have champions league football which will increase the profile of player we can attract (plus the extra cash it brings). And the new training ground should be ready by then, no? Things like this raise the profile and it should raise the bar in who we sign. The timing isn’t right in my opinion... if we finish top 4, that’s when we strike...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ideally we need a centre back. Ideally, that is, if we want to continue with our longer term aims. (Not my opinion btw, just me listening to what's been said and reading between the lines etc)

 

There's a stated aim of getting Benkovic out on loan, which is understandable. I think that's both to give him more game time and for Rodgers to assess whether he's a long term option (obviously he is still uncertain, even after Celtic, otherwise Benko would be 3rd choice now)

 

To meet that aim, cover is needed. Wes would give his all, of that there can be no doubt, but is it wise given his age and lack of mobility? I've no idea who could step up from the development squad but it seems there is no one.  So that really does only leave the option of us getting someone in.

 

I can't actually see it happening (reasons I've given elsewhere) but I hope I'm wrong because I want the club to progress on its aims. I think we'll be making do with what we have until the summer - though were that leaves Benkovic, I don't know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have gone into this window looking to strengthen. Unfortunately we thought demiral was available and then he got injured and we probably thought we could get someone like Fraser in cheap and Bournemouth's current league standing has stopped that until the summer. Would still be nice to get a cb or winger in tomorrow but no point spending on any player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

I get the feeling (probably more in hope) that summer is when we spend big, but also see a lot leave (permanently)

 

Slimani

Silva

Gray

Mendy

Amartey

King

James

Diabaté

Ghezzal

Kapustka 


Not saying they’ll all go but at least half will... throw in a few academy players, you could say we will have a bit of an overhaul going on...
That being the case then money will be freed up on wages more than anything 

 

Also by the summer we will know if we have champions league football which will increase the profile of player we can attract (plus the extra cash it brings). And the new training ground should be ready by then, no? Things like this raise the profile and it should raise the bar in who we sign. The timing isn’t right in my opinion... if we finish top 4, that’s when we strike...
 

 

I wouldn't bank on it. We've been trying to get rid of most on that list for at least two years now. I expect the majority of that list will leave when their contracts expire and not before. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind our lack of activity 

 

How on earth have SSN managed to fill so many hours of scheduling with endless waffle about not very much at all 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we will probably get a CB in, likely on loan, and loan Benko out. Won't be shocked if it doesn't happen, though.

 

We're performing above expectations with the squad we have, and won't want to waste money in a difficult transfer window when it can be much more wisely spent in a few months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I suspect that nothing of significance will happen now before tomorrow night ....

11pm?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

 

noted that he said 'it' the other day aswell. i think that there is only one CB deal that's seriously in work and it would be in this country. whether it happens is down to the selling club/player needing the deal enough to allow it to hapen before the window shuts ……. i still think unlikely

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Never mind our lack of activity 

 

How on earth have SSN managed to fill so many hours of scheduling with endless waffle about not very much at all 

They manage to do that all year round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...