Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lowestoft Fox

Why is there so little transfer activity ? We need to strengthen do we not ?

4 minutes ago, Lowestoft Fox said:

I understand Jan is a difficult window to operate in but other teams again seem to be doing business. 

CB was priority but I can't believe the club put all there eggs in 1 basket ...... Turkish lad from juventus

Villa (relegation zone) brought in a couple loan players.

Norwich (relegation zone) brought in a couple - one on loan.

Palace (injuries) brought in a loan player.

Sheffield Utd got Jack Rodwell on a free.

Liverpool brought in a ridiculously undervalued player.

Thats it.

So a few teams who are desperate for players, and a couple good-value squad players for teams with less immediate need. Its not like we're stood still while the rest of the league is flying past, ffs.

And why do people always seem to insist that what they see in the media is all thats happening? We might well have a list of a dozen acceptable CBs, Demiral might've been #1 on that but he could just as easily have been #3, or not on the list at all and the rumours might've been completely baseless. Wouldn't be the first time. We'll have several other options on the go, and IF any of them are good enough and the right price then we'll make a move. If not, we wont. The club doesn't broadcast its every step in the transfer market. Chill out.

• Like 4

It does seem to be a somewhat underwhelming transfer window so far. Perhaps the most in recent memory. Even when we were in the Championship there were many very tenuous links to randoms every other day.

Seems across the board that not many signings happening, at least so far. Will have to access at the end. Maybe FFP has finally taken a toll on the league?

As much as I do think we need to strengthen you have got to respect the clubs strategy. They won’t be hold ransom by any club asking for ridiculous price, so they play the patient game.

Also like Brendan has said it completely depends on availability, as much as we would like to force clubs to sell there better players we simply can’t. So if they’re not available it’s as simple as that, unless you want to spend over the price amounts.

• Like 1

At absolute maximum we will sign a winger and CB. One will prob be on loan. So, I mean there is plenty of time and no guarantees that we are not close already and it's just been kept quiet. 

Admittedly, its probably wishful thinking on my part but that's what I hope is happening. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, weller54 said:

If Evans or Soyuncu pick up a serious injury we're well and truly f**ked ...

You can wave goodbye to CL qualification!

I remember people going mental when we didn’t sign another striker in Jan in our title winning year.

FFS calm down

We'll have two lists of targets.  One in case of CL qualification, one without.  No point in spending big money on a player in January if CL qualification brings the possibility of a different class of player in the summer.

• Like 2

You should never stand still as a football club, just look at Tottenham. I don't think our summer dealings have particularly benefitted the squad either, Praet and Perez especially just seem to be the sort of player that are on the periphery of games, and Justin has hardly featured.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

You should never stand still as a football club, just look at Tottenham. I don't think our summer dealings have particularly benefitted the squad either, Praet and Perez especially just seem to be the sort of player that are on the periphery of games, and Justin has hardly featured.

One thing I don’t think we as a club can be accused of is standing still. Our infrastructure is brilliant and if they don’t bring in anyone in January I’ll trust that it’s because the right players/deals weren’t available to the club. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lowestoft Fox said:

It seems to me we need to strengthen a tad . But there's no solid links . If we want to cement top four surely we should be looking to do so .

This is one of the rare times in our club's history where we have a really decent team and squad. As you say we need to strengthen a tad, but not so much that we are desperate. If we are going to bring in players now, they have to be of a certain calibre that improves the team, and given we are 3rd, that is a high standard of player. We were linked with Demiral who forced his way into the Juventus team as a first choice CB. I think that's a really positive sign of the type of player we are after - players that will help us progress, not simply here to make up the numbers. We also don't need to overpay and this window is notorious for big money being spent. 

It wouldn't surprise me if we sign no-one and go for players in the summer instead. 

• Like 1