Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Calm down peeps

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

4-1 wins, 3-0 wins... changing 9 players and still winning? what about you? 

I saw 9-0 win turned to 1-2 loss,  3 bottom of the table teams taking easy points and results off us and let’s see if our A team can beat That 9 change West Ham on Wednesday... we have collapsed and have been shit for two months now, stop kidding yourself 

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

All well and good saying 'stop moaning, we're 3rd!'

It was 2nd a couple of weeks ago, and that number will keep getting higher as the season progresses unless we sort it out. We've been largely dross since early December and getting worse by the week. Reinforcements badly needed.

I think most of us see it as it is...

we’re playing shit...but getting the odd win

but so are the chasing teams... 

were in an incredibly strong position still, despite some poor games.

just some perspective 

3 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

I saw 9-0 win turned to 1-2 loss,  3 bottom of the table teams taking easy points and results off us and let’s see if our A team can beat That 9 change West Ham on Wednesday... we have collapsed and have been shit for two months now, stop kidding yourself 

Do we not have the same points gap from ourselves  to 5th as we did pre slump (post villa 4:1) or maybe a point or 2 in it?

we have got to this point unscathed. Yes we hand dropped to third, but top two wasn’t really likely.

other teams are having bad runs.. 

8 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

An in form Southampton who beat Chelsea and unlucky against wolves... let’s put it this way I would be more worried if I was a spurs, Man U or Chelsea fan... didn’t think I would be saying that last summer. Add Arsenal in that too lol 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

14 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

When you have a player like Maddison goals from outside the area are not that rare. He has 8 from outside the box since he signed. The most by a player in the premier league in that time. 

These aren't flukey bolts from the blue. These will be worked on tirelessly on the training ground and are just another way we can hurt teams.

They are just as valid and worth the same as a Vardy one on one or a Evans header. They shouldn't devalue a win, that's madness. In fact the fact that two goals were outside the area in a 3-0 win makes a win sh1t is one of the stranger arguements I've seen on foxestalk.

What I am saying is, whilst wonder strikes are welcome, they are rarity and goal consistency ultimately comes from being able to create chances and put them away. 

If you feel comfortable sitting back through horrendous middle of the park possession in the hope that Maddison pings one top corner then that's fine. 

13 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

Nope. That is an uncritical look of what has happened. Were we off the boil? yes, totally.

The bit in bold is frankly unfanthomable and a very blinkered view on "how sh*t work" in general.

Was it the same team? Yes both results came against Southampton of course, but the same team?  No, Ralph gets a lof credit for how he has turned them around, but we aren't the first team to encounter a rejuvenated team, coming back from a trouncing!

Being so reactionary is just weird too me, but different strokes for different folks I guess. 

Our best team were well beaten by Man City and Liverpool destroying their confidence. The next two games we won feilding our second best team whose confidence was still high. IMO i really think Brendan should field that team again for the foreseeable future, until our star players are confident and hungry again.

28 minutes ago, st martin said:

Our best team were well beaten by Man City and Liverpool destroying their confidence. 

I've wondered about that too. Comprehensively outplayed, that must knock the youngsters who might well have been full of self-belief. It was 2 different styles of football too, and we couldn't touch either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

What I am saying is, whilst wonder strikes are welcome, they are rarity and goal consistency ultimately comes from being able to create chances and put them away. 

If you feel comfortable sitting back through horrendous middle of the park possession in the hope that Maddison pings one top corner then that's fine. 

Yes but as I already said we had 17 shots and 77% possession And scored 3 goals one from inside the area. Out of interest what result would you have been satisfied with from that Newcastle game?

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yes but as I already said we had 17 shots and 77% possession And scored 3 goals one from inside the area. Out of interest what result would you have been satisfied with from that Newcastle game?

I'd have been satisfied with a decent performance,  not just being the best of two awful teams. 

20 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So wins over Newcastle 3 zip, comfortable over West Ham with a second team and battering villa 4-1 have been lost in Memory? 

You realise you can win whilst playing poor, and are allowed to criticise even if we win?

Didnt watch the villa game.

West ham and newcastle games we were average, both games the opposition was really bad.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Matt said:

I agree entirely, however, let's not paper over cracks, this current form isn't good enough.

No-one should be told otherwise.

We don't learn, we don't move forward if we're not honest with ourselves.

Agreed, no ones gonna learn anything from a bunch of angry comments on Foxestalk though thats for sure.

3 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

You realise you can win whilst playing poor, and are allowed to criticise even if we win?

Didnt watch the villa game.

West ham and newcastle games we were average, both games the opposition was really bad.

West Ham I might give you 9 changes though, however Newcastle we absolutely destroyed them lol so I don’t know what isn't rubbish for you ... you must be very disappointed this season 

Getting slightly fed up of people saying that we only beat WHU and Newcastle etc. because they were "poor" (using the polite version) to vindicate their own rhetoric about how bad we are and the wheels are coming off oh woe is me etc etc.  Has anyone thought that those two teams looked "poor" because we made them look that way because we were actually good. Newcastle I think we could have had a hatful, but eased off second half when they went down to ten men.  I get the argument that we should have been more ruthless in finishing them off, but it is a different scenario when a team goes down to ten through injuries rather than sending offs and it is the sporting thing to do rather than rubbing it in. (which I have no inhibitions about when the opposition gets player red carded, that is the whole point after all to put them at a disadvantage following foul play). Also, it was sensible game management, the points were in the bag, why go hell for leather and risk injuries, in a game already won during a time when we need to rotate and rest players due to a hectic schedule.