Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Calm down peeps

Small club mentality there. 

Yes it's great where we are, yes I wouldn't have believed you 5 years ago if you told me what would happen. 

Fact is though, it has happened and we are in a position to raise our expectations as fans. 

If we go shit again and start our seasons with the hope we might just scrape the play offs, then yes your statement rings true. 

But we are currently trying to keep top 4 so we can really build something and putting up with the quality of what we have been watching for the last 5 games becomes unacceptable. 

7 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

BR has brought us beautiful football and a young squad, we are 3rd and 11 clear of Man U, yes form has dropped from what was our best run in the PL ever but we are in a great position still. I would have laughed had anyone tried to say we would be in this position before the season started. 

With success, comes expectations.  The higher you go, the greater the fall.

But the best always find a way.

10 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

BR has brought us beautiful football and a young squad, we are 3rd and 11 clear of Man U, yes form has dropped from what was our best run in the PL ever but we are in a great position still. I would have laughed had anyone tried to say we would be in this position before the season started. 

What have you been watching since November ?  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

We beat Newcastle United 3-0 at St James Park. If you think that's atrocious you need a reality check and a history lesson.

Two wonder strikes. 

Newcastle played like a Sunday team and so did we. We just looked like we had a couple less beers on the Saturday. 

Couldn't string 2 passes together. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Two wonder strikes. 

Newcastle played like a Sunday team and so did we. We just looked like we had a couple less beers on the Saturday. 

Couldn't string 2 passes together. 

It was so easy we didn’t even have to play to our maximum. We were so dominant in that game to criticise is ridiculous.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sdb said:

Spurs have had a poor season. Their star striker is out for months.

Man Utd have had a poor season. Their star striker is out for months.

Arsenal have had a very poor season. Their star striker is out for the next few games.

Wolves are riddled with injuries and also inconsistent.

All of them are double digits behind us. All of them have Europe to contend with, as do Chelsea, who aren't exactly pulling up trees either.

We have an unbelievable chance. The players and fans need to realise this before we all implode on ourselves.

Fresh start Wednesday. Players give it all. Fans shut up moaning and get behind the lads.

Time to kick on because we wont get a chance like this again and it's the perfect opportunity to put right what we messed up in 2016-17. 

Cool, I will send a memo to Brendan to relax and except our players playing crap and letting leads get away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

We beat Newcastle United 3-0 at St James Park. If you think that's atrocious you need a reality check and a history lesson.

I remember our players flicking it around with ease and looking like Barcelona lol we have come unstuck for the first time the last two games... yes TWO games it happens to 99% of teams in world football, I’m confident we will get it back and I’m sure we are still at least the 3rd best team in this division 

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I remember our players flicking it around with ease and looking like Barcelona lol we have come unstuck for the first time the last two games... yes TWO games it happens to 99% of teams in world football, I’m confident we will get it back and I’m sure we are still at least the 3rd best team in this division 

Wow, really?

You think It's only been two games, seriously? honestly?

You're entitled to your opinion as am I, I think it goes back much further than that, for me it goes back to the 1st December, Everton in the league, a late winner papered over alot of cracks but it was an poor performance and we've had many since.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Wow, really?

It's only been two games, seriously?

You're entitled to your opinion as am I, I think it goes back much further than that, for me it goes back to the 1st December, Everton in the league, a late winner papered over alot of cracks but it was an poor performance and we've had many since.

So wins over Newcastle 3 zip, comfortable over West Ham with a second team and battering villa 4-1 have been lost in Memory? 

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It was so easy we didn’t even have to play to our maximum. We were so dominant in that game to criticise is ridiculous.

Nonsense.

Newcastle were horrific and if it wasn't for 2 wonder goals we'd have scrapped a 1 nil win. 

Same with West Ham. 

We were lucky to play both of them teams in such a bad state else we would have lost them both.... Just like Southampton and today against Burnley. 

We were sh1t against Villa too. 

I couldn't really care less where we are at the minute, it's where we finish that matters and at this rate, it will be 6th at a push. 

Your one of those that will look back when we finish out of Europe, and lose in the semi, and say "yeh but we were 3rd in January"

• Like 1

Whilst I agree with the general theme of 'calm down folks', I also think it fair to say that we've been poor for a good number of weeks. Oddly enough, I thought today was an improvement over last week. I'm not about to cry that the wheels have fallen off but I would like to see us get back to something like our capabilities.

We've a young, and apparently small, squad. I think youth might well be a factor, and we're seeing both mental and physical tiredness. All I'm hoping is that it doesn't continue sufficiently for our bright young things to become disillusioned and be seduced away in the summer.

• Like 2

I can’t lie I’ve come away from the Burnley game far more unhappy than I did the Southampton game. I put the Southampton game down to one of them games, but for me Burnley was exactly the same. Take the lead and then not take chances and give away silly goals. On top of that we just don’t look like we are looking forward, instead we’re constantly looking for the sideways pass with 5 mins to go. 

I have every faith in BR, but if we have genuine ambitions of the top 4 today has to be a turning point. Perform like the last couple of games for the next few and we’ll be out of the European places.