Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Calm down peeps

1 hour ago, Yes said:

Pretty much everyone below us is just as bad at the minute.

.........and that is why, as the author suggest, you need to come down.

yes we’re shit currently, but who below us look

consistent enough to threaten us currently?

were lucky that the gap is pretty much staying the same.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

No, they were great.

Although i'm not sure the West Ham performance was anything to write home about, albeit a good win especially given the changes.

However, Everton, a last minute winner papered over intial cracks, the warning signs start.

Followed by a 2-0 win over Watford - They came to frustrate us, they did, we were poor ourselves though, not helped by Watford arugably coming to 'spoil' the game - i'll make the excuses.

Villa - Great win, Great performance, although i'm not sure if it says more about the opposition but we can only play what's put infront of us and we did, well!

Norwich - Did a job on us and credit to them, we weren't good enough though - Well off the pace.

Man City/Liverpool - We'll write them off and I hate this mentality but 'free hit' if you must, Although I will say I felt we rolled over abit too easily for them.

West Ham - Good win, especially given the changes, although i'm not sure the performance was anything to write home about but we did what we needed to do.

Newcastle - Good win, Good performance, again similar to Villa, not sure they were at the races but again we can only play what's put infront of us and again we did, well!

Southampton - We weren't good enough, Southampton deserved it.

Burnley - We weren't good enough, again, neither were Burnley but I couldn't care less about Burnley.

So, we won some, drew some whilst not playing well - Not necessarily a bad thing and you often see it claimed as 'a sign of a good team', however the warning signs were there and still are there, coming home to roost, they've been ignored by many, it's certainly been more than the two games you've claimed, you've obviously lost them in memory though, lucky you!

Mate this isn’t fifa!!

do you expect us to not have games like Everton at home and Watford too.

liverpool are the outstanding team. Everyone else has struggled and been inconsistent.

teams have scored last minute winners and conceded last minute winners.

teams have played others off the park, others smash and grab. This is the premier league, the toughest most competitive league in the world.

yes we are playing shit, no one Denies that.. but other teams are not closing on us.

analysing all those games above and in most cases finding fault and making out that we should be battering them, isn’t realistic.

so for now relax, get behind the boys on Wednesday and let’s hope we can turn this around.

Edited by turkish14
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Performances are more worrying. Today was better, albeit the result not, but performances against Norwich, Southampton, Liverpool, Manchester City not good enough (okay the latter two are among the best sides in the World but then again after battering us Man City have dropped points against Palace and Wolves).

Just because we're third and nobody predicted it I don't feel our inconsistent form is something we shouldn't be worried about. Lets hope the performance is good midweek and we get our first home win of the year.

Good post!

I was at the Southampton game last week when we were given a lesson in how to manage a game.

Today we were better and we should have avoided dropping any points. I know we have many young players who can be inconsistent but as a group I think we are lacking mental strength (like Man City). Liverpool don't seem to suffer with this.

After Burnley got their 2nd we still had 15 mins to turn the game around but the team didn't look like they believed they could! 

I could show my frustration and call out certain players (delighted that Maddison is at our club but he's a big source of frustration for me).

Disappointed that Praet was taken off in the 2nd half - poor choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Two wonder strikes?

We scored 3 goals. what difference does it make that 2 of the goals were good goals? 

Personally I'd rather see good goals.

We also had 17 shots and 77% possession. Like I say you need a reality check pal. You sound hysterical if you think that's atrocious!

If your relying on wonder goals to see us in to Europe then let's hope you've not already booked the time off work. 

We need to be creating chances and putting them away. 

Did you see how bad Newcastle were? If your judging a performance and standard on that game, probably a bit misguided. I'm judging my opinion over 5 games, all of which we have been sh1t. 

3 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

Mate this isn’t fifa!!

do you expect us to not have games like Everton at home and Watford too.

liverpool are the outstanding team. Everyone else has struggled and been inconsistent.

teams have scored last minute winners and conceded last minute winners.

teams have played others off the park, others smash and grab. This is the premier league, the toughest most competitive league in the world.

yes we are playing shit, no one Denies that.. but other teams are not closing on us.

analysing all those games above and in most cases finding fault and making out that we should be battering them, isn’t realistic.

so for now relax, get behind the boys on Wednesday and let’s hope we can turn this around.

Exactly we have lost 4 in six, and don’t forget two of those were against Liverpool and Man City but still hold a 11 point lead over Man U in 5th 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Exactly we have lost 4 in six, and don’t forget two of those were against Liverpool and Man City but still hold a 11 point lead over Man U in 5th 

We’re potentially 11 games from confirming champions league football next year, we’d all have taken losses against the teams we have lost against at this point having an 11 point lead.

its one of the most competitive and bizarre seasons that I can remember in premier league history.

obviously we need to start winning more regularly, having negative fans and crowd won’t help.

Edited by turkish14
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

.........and that is why, as the author suggest, you need to come down.

yes we’re shit currently, but who below us look

consistent enough to threaten us currently?

were lucky that the gap is pretty much staying the same.

I agree that’s the point I was making.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

Two wonder strikes?

We scored 3 goals. what difference does it make that 2 of the goals were good goals? 

Personally I'd rather see good goals.

We also had 17 shots and 77% possession. Like I say you need a reality check pal. You sound hysterical if you think that's atrocious!

100%.  After the second goal it was like a low intensity practice match, both sides conserving energy because the game was in the bag.  I have rarely been as relaxed watching City ... apart from the home match against Newcastle ... and Southampton obviously.

• Like 1

Couple of things I don't get in some parts of this debate:

1) Pointing out how poor sides below us are, and not gaining on us as a result, is of no interest or real comfort, to me at least. Yes I am pleased we remain in a good position but I don't support other teams and we should control our own destiny not rely on others to be poor. 

2) People wrongly conflating genuine concern and constructive critical comments made by posters as not getting behind the team. We are all I suggest behind the team and manager and at games that is massively important and paramount, but fans should be allowed to be critical on here without their support being called into question. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, TonyN11 said:

Good post!

I was at the Southampton game last week when we were given a lesson in how to manage a game.

Today we were better and we should have avoided dropping any points. I know we have many young players who can be inconsistent but as a group I think we are lacking mental strength (like Man City). Liverpool don't seem to suffer with this.

After Burnley got their 2nd we still had 15 mins to turn the game around but the team didn't look like they believed they could! 

I could show my frustration and call out certain players (delighted that Maddison is at our club but he's a big source of frustration for me).

Disappointed that Praet was taken off in the 2nd half - poor choice.

Thanks man and I agree with yours too. I said in another topic that subs are concerning, we seem to take off Perez and Praet at the same time every game. Didn't think Maddison was that good today and that he should have come off instead with Perez going more centrally behind Vardy.

1 minute ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

1) Pointing out how poor sides below us are, and not gaining on us as a result, is of no interest or real comfort, to me at least. Yes I am pleased we remain in a good position but I don't support them and we should control our own destiny not rely on others to be poor. 

2) People wrongly conflating genuine concern and constructive critical comments made by posters as not getting behind the team. We are all I suggest behind the team and manager  and at games that is paramount, but fans should be allowed to be critical on here without their support being called into question. 

I agree; it isn’t great but I also feel we will come out of this pretty much unscathed; I’m not pressing the panic button just yet because of a blip 

• Like 2

All well and good saying 'stop moaning, we're 3rd!'

It was 2nd a couple of weeks ago, and that number will keep getting higher as the season progresses unless we sort it out. We've been largely dross since early December and getting worse by the week. Reinforcements badly needed.

• Like 2

Could it all just be as simple as the motivation has gone? There was a period when we were playing well that all of us thought we had a chance of winning the league. Some of the players probably felt the same. When we lost to them a lot of our lads probably gave up on the dream, like many of us. It’s hard to get them back into that head space as they feel like they can only drop from here.

hopefully they will turn this around and actualize what could be a fantastic acheievement 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

If your relying on wonder goals to see us in to Europe then let's hope you've not already booked the time off work. 

We need to be creating chances and putting them away. 

Did you see how bad Newcastle were? If your judging a performance and standard on that game, probably a bit misguided. I'm judging my opinion over 5 games, all of which we have been sh1t. 

When you have a player like Maddison goals from outside the area are not that rare. He has 8 from outside the box since he signed. The most by a player in the premier league in that time. 

These aren't flukey bolts from the blue. These will be worked on tirelessly on the training ground and are just another way we can hurt teams.

They are just as valid and worth the same as a Vardy one on one or a Evans header. They shouldn't devalue a win, that's madness. In fact the fact that two goals were outside the area in a 3-0 win makes a win sh1t is one of the stranger arguements I've seen on foxestalk.

It's a mix of loss of form, poor performances, and things not quite going our way at the moment/not taking advantage. Todays game reflects the last point. 

Should have won today on the performance alone. Didn't set the world alight but had enough chances and a rare Evans mistake for goal 2. 

All we should ask for is to perform like the side that on balance of play deserves to win the game. I think we'll continue to have that enough times throughout the season. 

Following that the supporters need to get behind this team and realise they need us now more than ever this season. About time we started repaying them for the fine position we find ourselves in instead off ripping them apart and complaining. We can do that if we turn in consistently abject performances. 

We won't be qualifying for champions League whilst wearing a pipe and slippers, but we'll still have one hell of a chance come the final game of the season. That's enough for me. 

• Like 2

This is the way I see it, Rodgers and the young squad over performed by our standards the first half a season, but our size clubs problem is we don’t have too much quality in depth.

This is a young squad, and if Barnes, Maddison, chilwell etc,  we’re at the bigger clubs, they would not be played virtually every game at this stage of their development, but we have no choice.

All our young players are highly rated, but  are too inexperienced and developing and they cannot be expected to perform at the really high levels every week, and will have dips in belief and confidence, this is where they need protecting, and resting, as with chilwell when the crowd moan and groaned at every miss placed pass, could totally ruin his confidence.

Really like Rodgers style, and if we do blow the top 4, and end up in the top six, I wouldn’t be overly alarmed, as I think in Rodgers and his additions, a season or two, we could be a consistently very good side fighting for the top 4 when the big boys are not as shite as they are right now.

Today worries me the most from our recent results. You can argue that Liverpool, Man City and Southampton turned up and were the better team, but Burnley weren't even that good today.

We were the better team today, but we struggled to create many openings. 

Watching Liverpool and Man City, their attackers drift all over the place in the final third, but it feels like ours are more regimented. The lack of movement when we are in crossing positions is alarming for me.

Vardy does do it really well when we're counter attacking but when we're in possession trying to sustain attacks, Barnes, Perez, Maddison do not seem to make the runs that create an overload or to the front post to create panic. I think the opposition teams are happy to let us have possession and force us wide because we very rarely do much with it.

In fact, it would be interesting to know how many goals this season we have scored from a winger getting to the byline and swinging a ball into the box. Most of our goals tend to come on the counter attack imo despite us being a possession team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

Today worries me the most from our recent results. You can argue that Liverpool, Man City and Southampton turned up and were the better team, but Burnley weren't even that good today.

We were the better team today, but we struggled to create many openings. 

Watching Liverpool and Man City, their attackers drift all over the place in the final third, but it feels like ours are more regimented. The lack of movement when we are in crossing positions is alarming for me.

Vardy does do it really well when we're counter attacking but when we're in possession trying to sustain attacks, Barnes, Perez, Maddison do not seem to make the runs that create an overload or to the front post to create panic. I think the opposition teams are happy to let us have possession and force us wide because we very rarely do much with it.

In fact, it would be interesting to know how many goals this season we have scored from a winger getting to the byline and swinging a ball into the box. Most of our goals tend to come on the counter attack imo despite us being a possession team. 

Our lack of movement off the ball to create openings and chances is one of our glaring weaknesses at the moment. We are more often than not static, expecting the ball to come to us, or just doing little. 

• Like 1

We're ****ing shit at the moment, and whilst we're not in danger of being relegated it's not fair on the average punter shelling out to watch that garbage. I don't earn £50,000< a week, but I do at least look interested at work. There were plenty on the pitch today who didn't look that bothered and I know are capable of better. 

We're never going to win every game but it's perfectly acceptable to demand a certain level of commitment and application. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

1) Pointing out how poor sides below us are, and not gaining on us as a result, is of no interest or real comfort, to me at least. Yes I am pleased we remain in a good position but I don't support other teams and we should control our own destiny not rely on others to be poor. 

2) People wrongly conflating genuine concern and constructive critical comments made by posters as not getting behind the team. We are all I suggest behind the team and manager and at games that is massively important and paramount, but fans should be allowed to be critical on here without their support being called into question. 

Completely agree we should control our own destiny but people are overreacting to how far we’ll slip down the table, saw someone earlier say that we could slip down to 8th in the next 4 games when that’s literally impossible, another saying we’ll be lucky to finish 6th as if all the teams below us are performing any better. Until that gap to 5th starts to significantly close we should be more concerned about performance than league places.

6 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Our lack of movement off the ball to create openings and chances is one of our glaring weaknesses at the moment. We are more often than not static, expecting the ball to come to us, or just doing little. 

Vardy in all fairness makes very intelligent runs even when he's not playing well but Barnes and Perez especially, always want it to feet and tend to expect the ball to come to them. It's why they aren't really much of a goal threat as they are never close enough to Vardy. 

Looking at Liverpool today there were instances where Salah, Mane and Firmino were fair distances apart and in the same attack they changed positions with the United defenders not knowing who to pick up. We might not be able to do it with the same quality as then but for our attackers to run and change position shouldn't be a lot to ask for. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

We're ****ing shit at the moment, and whilst we're not in danger of being relegated it's not fair on the average punter shelling out to watch that garbage. I don't earn £50,000< a week, but I do at least look interested at work. There were plenty on the pitch today who didn't look that bothered and I know are capable of better. 

We're never going to win every game but it's perfectly acceptable to demand a certain level of commitment and application. 

I don’t agree the players are not committed...

mental strength and psychological aspects make a difference (i would love to know if they still employ psychologists)

when players are confident, and physically fit, they have better sharpness and make better decisions without thinking about it. It’s becomes normal. 

when negativity and doubt creeps in, those runs they would have made previously,  they no longer do. That quick 1-2 passing can go out the window, for a safer ball back. 

they become more reliant on others without realising it.

this is sport, it happens. But the “stronger” ones move on quicker and have acceptance. Or the help of a sports psychologist.

or a lucky ricochet can make the world of difference.

we need a bit of luck, awesome support on Wednesday and hope they are getting that intensity back from

the work the club do behind the scenes.