Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_rule1978

Calm down peeps

2 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Nonsense.

Newcastle were horrific and if it wasn't for 2 wonder goals we'd have scrapped a 1 nil win. 

Same with West Ham. 

We were lucky to play both of them teams in such a bad state else we would have lost them both.... Just like Southampton and today against Burnley. 

We were sh1t against Villa too. 

I couldn't really care less where we are at the minute, it's where we finish that matters and at this rate, it will be 6th at a push. 

Your one of those that will look back when we finish out of Europe, and lose in the semi, and say "yeh but we were 3rd in January"

Pretty much everyone below us is just as bad at the minute.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

7 points in 7 games

If we continue at one point a game, it will take Man Utd very close to two points a game to catch us.  We're still sitting pretty but the players mentality at the moment is all wrong.  

As soon as we up the work rate and show more belief, we ought to do enough to secure top 4.

1 minute ago, Legend_in_blue said:

If we continue at one point a game, it will take Man Utd very close to two points a game to catch us.  We're still sitting pretty but the players mentality at the moment is all wrong.  

As soon as we up the work rate and show more belief, we ought to do enough to secure top 4.

My worry isnt about top 4, my worry is we've got our chance of getting to our first final in almost 20 years and we could we bottle it 

34 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Beautiful football? The last 5 games, including the wins at Newcastle and West Ham were atrocious. 

Matter of opinion...I reckon many expect too much from avg-performances.So I only Think we were well below avg,against Southampton..!!!

Maddison is looking like a luxury at the moment. I’m of the belief that a footballer that constantly looks for free kicks and tumbles every other tackle, just isn’t as good as they think they are. 
Maddison is looking more like that type of player every week. 

• Like 1

I'm remaining calm but you can't blame anyone for worrying. It's not just results that are bad, it's performances and that's a bigger issue. We have also lost 3 games in the last month where we took the lead first; Man City, Southampton and Burnley.

It can all turn back positive very quickly, but we are at a defining point of our season!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

Two wonder strikes. 

Newcastle played like a Sunday team and so did we. We just looked like we had a couple less beers on the Saturday. 

Couldn't string 2 passes together. 

Two wonder strikes?

We scored 3 goals. what difference does it make that 2 of the goals were good goals? 

Personally I'd rather see good goals.

We also had 17 shots and 77% possession. Like I say you need a reality check pal. You sound hysterical if you think that's atrocious!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, sdb said:

Spurs have had a poor season. Their star striker is out for months.

Man Utd have had a poor season. Their star striker is out for months.

Arsenal have had a very poor season. Their star striker is out for the next few games.

Wolves are riddled with injuries and also inconsistent.

All of them are double digits behind us. All of them have Europe to contend with, as do Chelsea, who aren't exactly pulling up trees either.

We have an unbelievable chance. The players and fans need to realise this before we all implode on ourselves.

Fresh start Wednesday. Players give it all. Fans shut up moaning and get behind the lads.

Time to kick on because we wont get a chance like this again and it's the perfect opportunity to put right what we messed up in 2016-17. 

Preach it brother!

preach-35294940.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

So wins over Newcastle 3 zip, comfortable over West Ham with a second team and battering villa 4-1 have been lost in Memory? 

No, they were great.

Although i'm not sure the West Ham performance was anything to write home about, albeit a good win especially given the changes.

However, Everton, a last minute winner papered over intial cracks, the warning signs start.

Followed by a 2-0 win over Watford - They came to frustrate us, they did, we were poor ourselves though, not helped by Watford arugably coming to 'spoil' the game - i'll make the excuses.

Villa - Great win, Great performance, although i'm not sure if it says more about the opposition but we can only play what's put infront of us and we did, well!

Norwich - Did a job on us and credit to them, we weren't good enough though - Well off the pace.

Man City/Liverpool - We'll write them off and I hate this mentality but 'free hit' if you must, Although I will say I felt we rolled over abit too easily for them.

West Ham - Good win, especially given the changes, although i'm not sure the performance was anything to write home about but we did what we needed to do.

Newcastle - Good win, Good performance, again similar to Villa, not sure they were at the races but again we can only play what's put infront of us and again we did, well!

Southampton - We weren't good enough, Southampton deserved it.

Burnley - We weren't good enough, again, neither were Burnley but I couldn't care less about Burnley.

So, we won some, drew some whilst not playing well - Not necessarily a bad thing and you often see it claimed as 'a sign of a good team', however the warning signs were there and still are there, coming home to roost, they've been ignored by many, it's certainly been more than the two games you've claimed, you've obviously lost them in memory though, lucky you!

Edited by Matt

I’m sure everyone will calm down if we beat West Ham.

Even though we are still 11 points clear of fifth and none of the teams below us are putting together a threatening run of form, we simply have to arrest this slide.

The players need to show some guts as well as restoring the quality of their football to pre-December standards. It’s the lack of fight that worries me the most. Perez, Barnes, Chilwell and Maddison in particular need to get tougher.

We’re in a battle to qualify for the Champions League ffs. We need everyone giving their all in every game. We need the spirit of 2015/16. Nothing less will do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

BR has brought us beautiful football and a young squad, we are 3rd and 11 clear of Man U, yes form has dropped from what was our best run in the PL ever but we are in a great position still. I would have laughed had anyone tried to say we would be in this position before the season started. 

And i would have laughed at anyone who said we would collapse at such an alarming rate and be losing to the likes of Southampton and Burnley having been in this position at this stage of the season too. this position

Edited by TRAD-DAD
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Calm down people. We played our football on Victoria Park not long ago and we were called Leicester Fosse. Just remember we also had Holloway as manager and we had Ade Akinbadbuy. Come on fella get with the times 

Ya what? 100 plus years ago?

I don't get your point with any of that whole statement

Performances are more worrying. Today was better, albeit the result not, but performances against Norwich, Southampton, Liverpool, Manchester City not good enough (okay the latter two are among the best sides in the World but then again after battering us Man City have dropped points against Palace and Wolves).

Just because we're third and nobody predicted it I don't feel our inconsistent form is something we shouldn't be worried about. Lets hope the performance is good midweek and we get our first home win of the year.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Our 'Form' hasn't dropped though.

Before kick off at the Southampton game I said to my brother that my concern for us in getting the top 4 would be our lack of goal threat......We won 9-0.

The reality is, since that game, we've been consistent.....consistently average.

We have been fortunate that we've played some absolute dross, like Watford at home, which i'm sure would be totally different if Pearson had been in charge then.

Even Newcastle away the other week, we were once again Fortunate that Joelinton appears to be a distant relative of Akinbiyi.

Performances against Watford/Southampton/Norwich/Newcastle/Burnley etc were not good at all.

The only difference between now and our winning run?

A bit of luck?

A lack of clinicality?

Opposition not just gifting us games?

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't feel our inconsistent form is something we shouldn't be worried about.

I wonder if the Man U fans feel the same? I think we should have concerns. The last 4-5 games have seemed unconvincing in terms of our play. What has happened to the quick closing down, the early challenges when the oppo's have the ball, the quick triangular passing whilst getting forward? 

Where has the exciting, tub-thumping attitude gone?

Edited by Parafox

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

With success, comes expectations.  The higher you go, the greater the fall.

But the best always find a way.

Then the way...is understanding that young players Need time.L'pool has proved it takes a few seasons,Learning from hard lessons, maturing through the downs and struggles..Our team & squad are still at the beginning of the journey,most players are Not at their peak,or in their expected Peak years..!!!

Today we had Burnley's number,but we missed Top chances,and failed to be Clinical by Not converting them..!!

Burnley fighting spirit,then came to the fore....their 2nd goal we lost our whole radar defensivily ,where before Xmas our defense were together and had discipline

strength when pressured. Wehave to find our Balance again.   Today like Villa & Norwich were games,where the players must Take the Blame in the performances.

IMO Southampton to me was a mixture of Manager und selected Teams ideology und mental Set up...

unlike some ( or wet nosed moaners). I Dont Think we have played so bad,if just seem since After Man.city,we have just Not been as strong mentality,discipline & game concentration. That famous Word on our fan tongues,in the past 2 years,"intesivity" in the past couple of months has seriously gone missing...!!!

Its shown in our chances,that we have failed to convert,we have played some nice football,but failed to be ruthless....which as allowed the oppo breathing space,and to find their own rythme. The '' OLD Leicester' has occasionally shown its frustrating  head over the parapets.

I predicted we could have a miserable January,After Man.city.....Bouncebackability should Now be the keyword....!!!

We actually havent played so bad,we have created chances and Held some Good periods in the games,we have Let the oppo have Too much Time on the ball,we have stopped competing for those spaces,and lost concentration when on the Front foot..!!

Edited by fuchsntf