Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

A well deserved win for the Windes!, but lots of errors from England in the first test:

1) Non selection of Broad (Especially in the first day conditions) and opting to choose Wood/Archer who both have recent injury issues.

2) Stokes decision to bat on the first day was the wrong choice, given the first two days were overcast regardless of the pitch.

3) Perseverance to play Buttler in the test format, 1 century from 42 tests isn't good enough and has regressed in the last 2 years. ECB seem to persist with 'game changers' in the team. Time to give Foakes a sustained run.

For the next test at Old Trafford i would like England to rotate the fast bowlers of Archer & Wood to ensure they aren't overbowled or pick up injuries, i would pick the following team:

Burns, Sibley, Crawley, Root, Stokes, Pope, Foakes, Bess, Broad, Wood or Archer, Anderson. 

54 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

3) Perseverance to play Buttler in the test format, 1 century from 42 tests isn't good enough and has regressed in the last 2 years. ECB seem to persist with 'game changers' in the team. Time to give Foakes a sustained run.

Completely agree. They won't do it though as I think they're holding out some vain hope that Buttler will be good enough to take over from Root whenever he jacks in being skipper.

Mad that you wouldn't pick the best keeper in the country who also offers at least as much with the bat as Buttler does in Tests.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Completely agree. They won't do it though as I think they're holding out some vain hope that Buttler will be good enough to take over from Root whenever he jacks in being skipper.

Mad that you wouldn't pick the best keeper in the country who also offers at least as much with the bat as Buttler does in Tests.

Buttler's keeping was poor in this test, Foakes is the best gloveman in the county circuit and averages 41.5 in tests and has a better defence. It seems to be a face fitting exercise or the fact they have paid him a central contract and getting there worth out of him. 

• Like 1

No Wood or Anderson in the squad for tomorrow. Expected them to rotate one bowler but didn't think they'd rest two.

Seems slightly reactionary to me as the bowling wasn't really the problem in Southampton. Wonder if they're gunning to give Robinson a go, bowled well in the warm-up game.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/29466959/joe-denly-dropped-joe-root-returns-paternity-leave

This is the sort of thing that will hold him back in test cricket. There was already concerns about his laid back and casual attitude. I imagine the biosecure environment is a pain in the arse, especially when you consider footballers have more freedom but has to be done unfortunately. 

Wonder what he did. Sounds like it was known before they decided to rest wood and Anderson :dunno: gone from a fast attack to potentially Broad, Woakes and Curran. 

Edited by RowlattsFox

Apparently he broke the regulations moving between the two grounds, so sounds like he must have stopped at the services or something? Either way, silly thing to do and leaves us with a fairly gentle bowling attack. I'd play Broad, Curran and Robinson I think. 

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

This is the sort of thing that will hold him back in test cricket. There was already concerns about his laid back and casual attitude. I imagine the biosecure environment is a pain in the arse, especially when you consider footballers have more freedom but has to be done unfortunately. 

Wonder what he did. Sounds like it was known before they decided to rest wood and Anderson :dunno: gone from a fast attack to potentially Broad, Woakes and Curran. 

Concerns I think which are largely unwarranted. He's been worryingly overworked for a fast bowler in the past 12 months simply because of his ability to perform a variety of different roles with the ball when the team have needed it.

Whatever he's done here is clearly not good though and I hope he learns from it. Makes the decision to rotate two bowlers ever dafter now.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Awful review.

In what world does Sibley reckon that's a good idea? Even at a slight angle that's got to look plumb from the non-striker's end.

I don't think English batsmen in particular stand up to their partners enough on reviews.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

In what world does Sibley reckon that's a good idea? Even at a slight angle that's got to look plumb from the non-striker's end.

I don't think English batsmen in particular stand up to their partners enough on reviews.

I expected the conversation to be.

Sibley - "Did you nick it".

Burns - "No"

Sibley - "Well off you pop then".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AKCJ said:

Chase on a hattrick lol This batting line up is beyond woeful.

Looks like he's actually getting some rip too. lol

Windies will be wishing they'd given Cornwall the nod. Time for Bess to step up in the coming days...

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

WTF is wrong with These youngsters...getting quite fed up with the excuse...He/she is only young,es all make mistakes....

Grealish,Archer,etc .People Not wearing masks.....What dont These People understand...its Bloody life threatening and Not about "you"

Archer..Endangered the Two Tests squad and Backup staff,Hotel staff around them....

Don t accept his apology..send him home. No more W.Indies participation...This is worse than Hales drugs indiscretions..!!

I want Archer to Play in our Big games, but even this First mistake,cant be shown to be forgotten with a One Match Rocking off.!!