Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cricket 2020

13 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Got my refund for the Edgbaston England vs. West Indies series, and the cheeky ***** kept the booking fees. Only £8 like, but it's still annoyed melol

I came in here just to say this. Divided up the refunds and sent the money back, my mates thought I was nicking money off them! lol 

Going to get rolled for about 200 here if we're not careful. Seemed a strange decision to bat first in conditions like this, even on a batsman's deck like the Ageas. Credit to the Windies bowlers though, holding some very consistent, probing lines and lengths. 

18 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Going to get rolled for about 200 here if we're not careful. Seemed a strange decision to bat first in conditions like this, even on a batsman's deck like the Ageas. Credit to the Windies bowlers though, holding some very consistent, probing lines and lengths. 

I guess his thought process is that their batting is worse than ours, and that he's backing himself to make significant scores in both innings (and why wouldn't he given his form over the past year).

Our spin option is actually far more likely to mop up than theirs in the second innings too, though that might have been a different story if they'd picked Cornwall.

Holder v Stokes is going to be a brilliant personal battle over this series, and especially in this game when they're both captaining.

27 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I guess his thought process is that their batting is worse than ours, and that he's backing himself to make significant scores in both innings (and why wouldn't he given his form over the past year).

Our spin option is actually far more likely to mop up than theirs in the second innings too, though that might have been a different story if they'd picked Cornwall.

Holder v Stokes is going to be a brilliant personal battle over this series, and especially in this game when they're both captaining.

Didn't Chase take 8fer against us last year though? lol 

Works both ways that argument too, if their spin option isn't up to much then there's little risk of batting fourth chasing a low target. My preference would still have been to bowl with the cloudy skies but can see your point. 

31 minutes ago, Osavo said:

Didn't Chase take 8fer against us last year though? lol 

Works both ways that argument too, if their spin option isn't up to much then there's little risk of batting fourth chasing a low target. My preference would still have been to bowl with the cloudy skies but can see your point. 

Exception rather than the rule. Cornwall's their preferred spin option but they were never going to go with him here due to how garbage their batting is.

This one was a good toss to lose, as I said yesterday. Holder definitely didn't look too miffed at the outcome. Currently wondering what odds I could get on England's second innings commencing before close of play today...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Round One to Holder then...

Need some tail-end hitting here. Reckon I'd even fancy the Windies top order to surpass what we're looking at at the moment.

12 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

That fake crowd lull makes it surprisingly real

Yeah, it's missing the reactions when a wicket is taken, or a boundary scored, but that's probably for the best when you compare it to what the Premier League are doing. Beats total silence, though.

10 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

This Jofra-Tino Best Twitter spat is getting tasty. lol

Hopefully that gets Archer wound up ! He is a great talent, but so laid back. If he isn’t bowling quickly, he just becomes another Broad or Woakes.

Wood has set a great example of how to be a bit different. England need Jofra to be ‘different’.

lf he has to bowl short spells of 90+mph ( 4/5 overs ), so be it. Forget 6 overs at 85.

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

Hopefully that gets Archer wound up ! He is a great talent, but so laid back. If he isn’t bowling quickly, he just becomes another Broad or Woakes.

Wood has set a great example of how to be a bit different. England need Jofra to be ‘different’.

lf he has to bowl short spells of 90+mph ( 4/5 overs ), so be it. Forget 6 overs at 85.

I wonder if it's because he himself worries about being overbowled, as he frequently was last summer. His economy rates are often really good so the temptation's been to bowl him for longer. Both he and Wood are going to need careful management because it's clear the aim now is to build them up to lead the attack in India and Australia over the next 18 months.

Edited by Voll Blau

23 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I wonder if it's because he himself worries about being overbowled, as he frequently was last summer. His economy rates are often really good so the temptation's been to bowl him for longer. Both he and Wood are going to need careful management because it's clear the aim now is to build them up to lead the attack in India and Australia over the next 18 months.

He was overbowled last summer and not very well managed at all. We should be using the likes of Broad, Woakes, Stokes, Bess, Leach to do the donkey work.
Wood and Archer should not be bowling no more than 15/18 overs per Test match day. England have 2 special bowlers in Wood & Archer, but are in danger of burning them out, particularly Archer. 

• Like 1

Interesting last session. England need to score quickly if they want to have a chance of winning but can't risk losing wickets. 

On the Broad subject, not sure they'll like him being so critical of not playing whilst the game is going on but he definitely should have been picked for this one. He's had the odd decent spell but haven't been that impressed with Archer in test cricket on the whole, so far anyway, there's obviously genuine potential there though. Broad and Anderson going to be difficult during the phasing out years I reckon. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

If the bowler plants his foot with the heel just behind the line, but hugely slides over it prior to releasing the ball, why isn't it a foul?

As long as he does that it's ok. Where the foot lands is key. Part of the foot must land behind the line. On the line is a no ball.

• Thanks 1