Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

US Presidential Election 2020

27 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm worried you've lost the ability to differentiate between left-wing politicians and talking points if this is your honest opinion.  I agree that it's very surreal your side would genuinely believe this, very different candidates running in very different countries on very different key pledges.  Next you'll be telling me Bernie was seen at an IRA funeral in the 70s.

I'm worried you've lost the ability to recognise what people are now even talking about.

I'm referring to supporters here of the candidate, not behaviour of the actual candidate.

No idea how you have got the two confused but I'll try to make it more obvious next time.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

I'm worried you've lost the ability to recognise what people are now even talking about.

I'm referring to supporters here of the candidate, not behaviour of the actual candidate.

No idea how you have got the two confused but I'll try to make it more obvious next time.

Your argument still holds no water.  You're making that point in response to a post pointing out how different the 2 men are.  That's the opposite of what you're trying to claim.

How come Donald Trump, with an autocue, stumbles over words with more than two syllables while Greta Thunberg, a quarter his age, does not need an autocue and can speak fluently to thousands in a language which is not her native tongue.

Every day I expect to see Trump in a walk-on role in the Simpsons. Except that his face is orange and not yellow.

7 hours ago, The Fox Covert said:

How come Donald Trump, with an autocue, stumbles over words with more than two syllables while Greta Thunberg, a quarter his age, does not need an autocue and can speak fluently to thousands in a language which is not her native tongue.

Every day I expect to see Trump in a walk-on role in the Simpsons. Except that his face is orange and not yellow.

Virtue signalling scoring off the charts here, attack on Trump's oratory skills, skin colour and praise on St Greta to boot.

Back on topic Biden looks like he's going to carry South Carolina with ease and he appears to working his way right back into the race. Polling very well compared to a few weeks ago.

Possible he will run Bernie close in Texas.

9 hours ago, MattP said:

Virtue signalling scoring off the charts here, attack on Trump's oratory skills, skin colour and praise on St Greta to boot.

Back on topic Biden looks like he's going to carry South Carolina with ease and he appears to working his way right back into the race. Polling very well compared to a few weeks ago.

Possible he will run Bernie close in Texas.

To expand on this (without the anti-intellectualism in the first sentence obvs):

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51693714

Looks like the following conclusions can be drawn:

- It's going to be a straight shootout between Biden and Sanders from here, can't see the rest making much of an impression henceforth at all (barring a possible Bloomberg surge).

- Biden is back off the canvas, but he still needs an exceptional Super Tuesday to be the frontrunner again.

- If Bernie does win the nomination, he still needs to do some work to get black people out and voting for him specifically; and that will be critical come November IMO.

On 29/02/2020 at 18:20, The Fox Covert said:

Because Trump is a moron and is supported by morons.. even those that pretend they dont support him but then say they will vote for him.

• Thanks 1

Guest MattP
9 hours ago, Toddybad said:

Interesting what certain people look for in their leaders.

I don't think anyone is voting for him on his comedy value, but the bloke is absolutely hilarious. 

Anyway you wanted Jeremy Corbyn to be our Prime Minister so you can hardly criticise anyone else for choice of leaders whatever the reason.

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Buttigieg drops out - I'm surprised, I thought he would wait until after Super Tuesday before throwing in the towel. I wonder who most of his voters will migrate to...probably Biden, but I guess we'll find out.

Thought he would wait until Wednesday as well.

Big boost for Biden though. He surely picks up almost everything from him.

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Because Trump is a moron and is supported by morons.. even those that pretend they dont support him but then say they will vote for him.

A 13 year old's guide to politics.

Try and understand the issues and causes of things, then you'll understand more about the World and why somebody like Trump can be successful. 

He isn't a moron, if he was he wouldn't have beaten the whole Republican establishment and then Hillary Clinton.

19 minutes ago, MattP said:

Thought he would wait until Wednesday as well.

Big boost for Biden though. He surely picks up almost everything from him.

Well, 538 has Pete's vote spread pretty evenly across the remaining candidates which is good news for those betting on a contested convention, but we're not really going to know until Wednesday.

Guest MattP
On 01/03/2020 at 03:08, leicsmac said:

To expand on this (without the anti-intellectualism in the first sentence obvs):

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51693714

Looks like the following conclusions can be drawn:

- It's going to be a straight shootout between Biden and Sanders from here, can't see the rest making much of an impression henceforth at all (barring a possible Bloomberg surge).

- Biden is back off the canvas, but he still needs an exceptional Super Tuesday to be the frontrunner again.

- If Bernie does win the nomination, he still needs to do some work to get black people out and voting for him specifically; and that will be critical come November IMO.

Do you think that's going to happen though?

The whole Sanders boom seems very similar to Corbyn, mainly young, academic, white people who have a lot of privilege at the centre of it.

I don't really see him getting the black vote out at all. 

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

Do you think that's going to happen though?

The whole Sanders boom seems very similar to Corbyn, mainly young, academic, white people who have a lot of privilege at the centre of it.

I don't really see him getting the black vote out at all. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sanders-running-even-with-biden-among-black-voters-wsj-nbc-news-poll-finds-11582282800

Of course it's just one poll, but...

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

I mean, it's possible should Bernie win the nomination that black voters will simply stay at home en masse as they did in 2016, but there are some promising signs for Sanders.

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sanders-running-even-with-biden-among-black-voters-wsj-nbc-news-poll-finds-11582282800

Of course it's just one poll, but...

https://morningconsult.com/2020-democratic-primary/

I mean, it's possible should Bernie win the nomination that black voters will simply stay at home en masse as they did in 2016, but there are some promising signs for Sanders.

Well that certainly doesn't fit with what happened in South Carolina but I suppose we'll know more after Tuesday.

I think American polling is still way behind ours here, some of the SC ones last week had Bernie with 10pc of Biden - the cant be weighting it properly to be so far out.

It's interesting the bookmakers who commission private polling make Trump shorter and shorter by the week.

21 minutes ago, MattP said:

Well that certainly doesn't fit with what happened in South Carolina but I suppose we'll know more after Tuesday.

I think American polling is still way behind ours here, some of the SC ones last week had Bernie with 10pc of Biden - the cant be weighting it properly to be so far out.

It's interesting the bookmakers who commission private polling make Trump shorter and shorter by the week.

Well, the polling data is all over the shop right now quite frankly and while the bookies don't get it wrong often it has been known - there's so many variables right now. Tuesday will tell us a lot.

6 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Way to alienate half of the US population that voted for Trump in 2016. 63 million "morons"? Wahey...

Trump may have some intelligence and memory issues, but he isn't a "moron". In terms of policies, he's given most Americans what they've been craving for for years, if not decades:

Jobs and opportunities.

Last time I checked, Trump has yet to start a war of his own. A "moron" compared to the warmongers before him? M'kay...

17 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Way to alienate half of the US population that voted for Trump in 2016. 63 million "morons"? Wahey...

Trump may have some intelligence and memory issues, but he isn't a "moron". In terms of policies, he's given most Americans what they've been craving for for years, if not decades:

Jobs and opportunities.

Last time I checked, Trump has yet to start a war of his own. A "moron" compared to the warmongers before him? M'kay...

Job creation under Trump is less than job creation under Obama.

Screenshot_20200302_101844.jpg

Edited by Toddybad

Guest MattP

Welcome back @Toddybad enjoy the election?

I was going to put your post from last year about Brexit being finished and the Tories never winning an election again as my signature but I wouldn't be that cruel. :thumbup:

Edited by MattP

5 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

Job creation under Trump is less than job creation under Obama.

Ok, since when are apples and oranges the same?

Pretty odd to compare eight years of Obama with three years under Trump. lol

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Welcome back @Toddybad enjoy the election?

I was going to put your post from last year about Brexit being finished and the Tories never winning an election again as my signature but I wouldn't be that cruel. :thumbup:

Hi Matt.

It's been interesting being away. I now look at some of the conversations going on and roll my eyes. 

We had a decent period with brexit and May Vs Corbyn where the country was completely split.

What I will say is that the GE and Boris win have meant those of us firmly on the remain side are now out of the equation. Let's see what happens. But if it's bad then there'll be serious trouble for the government.

I was saying probably 18 months ago that I wanted starmar as leader so I'm relatively okay with where we are, buffoon PM aside.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(19)33019-3/fulltext

"The entire system could be funded with less financial outlay than is incurred by employers and households paying for health-care premiums combined with existing government allocations. This shift to single-payer health care would provide the greatest relief to lower-income households. Furthermore, we estimate that ensuring health-care access for all Americans would save more than 68 000 lives and 1·73 million life-years every year compared with the status quo."

This needs to be a cornerstone of the Dem campaign this time round, no matter who gets the nomination.

47 minutes ago, Toddybad said:

The figures are annual figures 

Yes, and Obama has had the benefit of eight years of tenure, whereas we are in Year Three under Trump.

Let's see where we are in 2024/2025, shall we?