Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lionator

US Presidential Election 2020

Just now, Strokes said:

But he doesn’t need to win you over to his side of the argument, you guys did. That’s why the tactic was immeasurably stupid.

"Do as I say not as I do."

Or maybe we should hold everyone to the same standards instead of always demanding better from one side's politicians while making excuses for the other.  Sadly I don't see that happening en masse any time in the near future though.

• Like 1

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

"Do as I say not as I do."

Or maybe we should hold everyone to the same standards instead of always demanding better from one side's politicians while making excuses for the other.  Sadly I don't see that happening en masse any time in the near future though.

He isn’t telling you not to do it, he is saying it’s why you lost.

Im sure Matts quite glad you failed to overturn it. I know I am. Keep it up.

Just now, Strokes said:

He isn’t telling you not to do it, he is saying it’s why you lost.

Im sure Matts quite glad you failed to overturn it. I know I am. Keep it up.

You're giving me far too much credit if you think I had anything to do with it, I doubt my FT shitposts were that influential in the referendum.

In any case Matt was claiming people calling Brexiters things like "racist" and "gammon" is the problem, people being toxic basically.  Unless I'm mistaken those aren't things politicians were saying so my understanding is we're talking about society in general's attitude to the discussion which is why I'm reminding him of the people taking delight in terms like "libtard" and "snowflake" being just as poisonous to the debate.  Malicious disregard is overflowing everywhere, not just on the left, that's all I'm trying to point out here so forgive me if I'm wrong but from that context it looks to me like you're trying to say it's ok to be toxic if you're defending the majority position but not if you're trying to convince people to stop believing it whereas I'm just suggesting nobody be toxic.  Am I right in thinking there's been a crossed wire here?

46 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

The same thing goes for your other point:  The behaviour you're so righteously complaining about is by no means unique to one side of the argument, this has always been a big part of the problem and claims otherwise are just entrenching it.  I mean you've literally just whined about calling people stupid then gone and done exactly in the very next sentence, you're not just throwing stones at your glass house you're taking a sledgehammer to it. lol 

My side won, I didn't need to bring you over to get what I wanted.

Genuinely not sure how you aren't understanding this.

On 16/02/2020 at 10:05, Jattdogg said:

Democrats have wasted these 3 years and have great grandpa as a leading candidate against the Trump machine. Trump will destroy Bernie with childish remarks and make him look like  a loud mouth angry grandpa which is not good viewing on tv  (where lets face it people make their decisions and judgements).

Bernie was good on Fox News when he had that town hall a few months back. I think he has some pretty broad appeal to working class people on both sides of the aisle. The downside is obviously that he's borderline ancient, but I think he'd do well in a "debate" with Trump lol

The fact is that this

10 hours ago, MattP said:

What's this obsession left wing parties have with booing and degrading their ex leaders and politicians?

They are the only ones who do it.

is clearly incorrect, and it's not exactly hard to see how it could be construed as 'turning a blind eye' is it? Its outright denying it.

That was all Carl's original point was if I understand correctly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Detroit Blues said:

Bernie was good on Fox News when he had that town hall a few months back. I think he has some pretty broad appeal to working class people on both sides of the aisle. The downside is obviously that he's borderline ancient, but I think he'd do well in a "debate" with Trump lol

Guess we shall see. Anything is still possible but id be surprised to see Bernie not win unless one of the other moderates drop out soon.

Honestly not getting the (implied) argument that if one side "wins" and that the tactics they choose to do so are the same as the other side, that those tactics are now somehow different.

They're not, and it's just obfuscation.

Anyhow...

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/483321-on-the-trail-democrats-plan-to-hammer-trump-on-social-security-medicare

"He's coming for your Social Security and (thin) single-payer medical insurance" isn't a bad place to start if economics is really what this election is going to come down to,

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MattP said:

My side won, I didn't need to bring you over to get what I wanted.

Genuinely not sure how you aren't understanding this.

You see Brexit as wins for your tribe in a culture war, when it will have consequences for everyone in the UK.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2020 at 07:37, leicsmac said:

Bloomberg buys his way in:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51545383

We'll see if he's as good as his word on funding the Dem campaign even if he doesn't win the nomination.

Don't you think they all try to buy their way in? Bloomberg just uses his own money. I think the system begets corruption. Those who support the others with large donations will be expecting some QPQ in the event that they are elected.

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Smudge said:

Don't you think they all try to buy their way in? Bloomberg just uses his own money. I think the system begets corruption. Those who support the others with large donations will be expecting some QQP in the event that they are elected.

That's why we need campaign finance reform. Campaigns used to be publicly funded, and politicians did not need to sell out to special interests to get elected. Now, with super PACs, citizens united, etc. campaigns have become an arms race. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Smudge said:

Don't you think they all try to buy their way in? Bloomberg just uses his own money. I think the system begets corruption. Those who support the others with large donations will be expecting some QQP in the event that they are elected.

QPQ :thumbup:

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Thanks 1

Pocahontas absolutely taking Mini Mike to shreds.

Amazing television, this race is going to be absolutely brutal.

How the hell have the Democrats got themselves into a situation where three blokes who can win the nomination have all shit like this attached to them?

4 minutes ago, MattP said:

Pocahontas absolutely taking Mini Mike to shreds.

Amazing television, this race is going to be absolutely brutal.

How the hell have the Democrats got themselves into a situation where three blokes who can win the nomination have all shit like this attached to them?

The debate was spicy lol

17 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51582025

On the one hand, this kind of thing needs to be made public.

On the other, I don't actually see it having much of an effect on the landscape because I would wager that most Trump supporters simply wouldn't care that Russia was helping him win, so long as he wins.

During the House intelligence briefing, Mr Trump's supporters argued that the president had taken a hard stance with Russia, and that European ties and security had been strengthened as a result, the newspaper added.

Yeah nah, in keeping with rightists the world over they don't give a shit about truth and facts as long as they win.