Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

12 points in 11 games

Well its 12 from 12 now.

Unfortunately, I missed the Norwich game but it looks like that wasn't a bad call. Clearly the happy atmosphere has turned a little fragmented in the club. When will we learn that giving managers bumper contracts after a few decent manager bounce games is a bad idea? Best wait for a whole season to pan out plus a bit more. We saw the rapid decline with Shakey as soon as he got his contract sorted, Claudio when his contract was boosted and that should have been a pointer to sit back and observe a bit longer before over commiting. 

I do hope Chilwell gets rescued to the level he thinks he deserves by Chelsea or Citeh this summer. Of all 23 players ranked on this forum he is ranked at 23rd. If he had any pride that would really hurt but he probably cannot see beyond his instagram income. This year has shown you youth can only take you so far, fine when things are going well but fall apart when its not. The midfield is non existant these days. Why Justin doesn't get a game over Chilwell can only be becuase the club wish to maximise his sale value and see Justin as a ready drop in next season, something like Soyu to hold under the radar till needed.

I think CL football would do for us next season based upon how the players seem to have no motivation to play after 30 games this season. It'd be a distraction too far for this 1 point a game side.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ceirboy said:

Righto! / Right again Ceirboy 

Ceirboy,

Rest assured none of us ever think you’re right. On the occasions that your predictions of doom come true, you are still wrong because your reasoning is all based on hate and jealousy of Leicester City players. 

You are not a fan.

52 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Ceirboy,

Rest assured none of us ever think you’re right. On the occasions that your predictions of doom come true, you are still wrong because your reasoning is all based on hate and jealousy of Leicester City players. 

You are not a fan.

Don’t be ridiculous! 
Of course you can be a fan and critical at the same time. I don’t apologise for the team being shite at present, I don’t want them to be shite, one dimensional and lacking creativity and guile, it’s just they are and I’m fed up of 85 percent of the tinters saying it’s okay, we’ve got 6 winnable games coming up. 
I’ve seen nothing in recent weeks to suggest any of them are 3 points in the bag and I’m happy to say that on a forum. 
If you don’t like that, tough. 
It doesn’t make a non fan because I’m vocal about what I see being offered on the pitch. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ceirboy said:

Don’t be ridiculous! 
Of course you can be a fan and critical at the same time. I don’t apologise for the team being shite at present, I don’t want them to be shite, one dimensional and lacking creativity and guile, it’s just they are and I’m fed up of 85 percent of the tinters saying it’s okay, we’ve got 6 winnable games coming up. 
I’ve seen nothing in recent weeks to suggest any of them are 3 points in the bag and I’m happy to say that on a forum. 
If you don’t like that, tough. 
It doesn’t make a non fan because I’m vocal about what I see being offered on the pitch. 

This is the best post you’ve made on here.

Still, your version of being vocal tends to be shouting at fans who defend players or managers, or are a bit more realistic about a regression to our mean. I think Rodgers has serious work to do to prove his capability, and plenty of the players aren’t performing, but it is not doom, we are not entitled to win every game, and we haven’t actually been that bad across the board (e.g. Man City). 

You also seem to object, repeatedly, to footballers being younger and richer than you, which you seem to think only applies to our players. I’d get over that quickly if I were you.

Try posting something other than “I hate Leicester City, I hate Leicester City players and all of their fans” and people might treat you like less of a troll. 

Cheers

1 hour ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

This is the best post you’ve made on here.

Still, your version of being vocal tends to be shouting at fans who defend players or managers, or are a bit more realistic about a regression to our mean. I think Rodgers has serious work to do to prove his capability, and plenty of the players aren’t performing, but it is not doom, we are not entitled to win every game, and we haven’t actually been that bad across the board (e.g. Man City). 

You also seem to object, repeatedly, to footballers being younger and richer than you, which you seem to think only applies to our players. I’d get over that quickly if I were you.

Try posting something other than “I hate Leicester City, I hate Leicester City players and all of their fans” and people might treat you like less of a troll. 

Cheers

Mate, people have been significantly better off than me for all my life, young and old. I don’t hate people because of it, that’s just silly. I don’t hate the fans either, I could quite happily argue with the ones that never see anything wrong and shout down any criticism, they are just odd in my opinion. 
Young footballers are no different than any one else in that it’s plain to see that money changes things, for people to suggest it’s a confidence thing with footballers, I point to their life outside of football and in most cases, a lack of confidence has the least likelihood of being a factor. 
I see things that aren’t right when watching Leicester and to suggest I hate Leicester, the fans and the players wealth because I don’t just suck up the dross on the pitch week in, week out only serves to suggest you are one of those blind faith followers. 
The problem on the pitch of late is players are not playing to their best strengths. That is down to BR. 
He won’t change it because he has small mans syndrome and refuses to believe that something he insists on isn’t working. 
Again, as a blind faith tinter, you might thinks that’s bowl ox but it’s the truth I’m afraid. 

• Thanks 1

Young footballers are no different than any one else in that it’s plain to see that money changes things, for people to suggest it’s a confidence thing with footballers, I point to their life outside of football and in most cases, a lack of confidence has the least likelihood of being a factor. 

Nonsense. These are kids whose entire sense of worth is derived from how well they play football, and has been since they signed for an academy. It is the foundation of the whole of their personality and confidence. When it’s not going well, you think it doesn’t affect them because of their cars, or the price of their wine?

-

I have never subscribed to the ‘Rodgers is the Messiah’ narrative, but we aren’t abject shite either. Early season aside, we are better now than we’ve been at any time since May 2016. The League run-in, FA Cup and the summer window are crucial in discovering whether Rodgers is a Claudio-esque veneer or has enough about him to keep the squad renewing. What he did do very well was keep a promising start really rolling, way better than anyone expected. Whether he can also dig us out of a hole remains to be seen.

Finally, tinter is a properly stupid word for a really stupid concept. Rose tinted glasses is the poetic image for someone who believes their beloved is more beautiful, brilliant or interesting than they really are. Likewise Leicester fans’ blue tinted specs mean we’ve had debates this season about Vardy being better than Aguero and Lewandowski, or whether we could overhaul Liverpool. We know really it’s fanciful, but we’re caught up in it as besotted fans. You, if not a tinter, are the one wandering through people’s relationships going “Nah, she’s not all that. Horrible skin under that make up.” “She’ll age like a cucumber in a fridge drawer.” “He looks alright but he’s thick as shit.” “That new car you’ve got is the new one where all the wheels fall off.”

• Haha 1

On 29/02/2020 at 08:22, MC Prussian said:

Remember when Manchester City were challenging Liverpool for the title... in 3rd place.

I never said they were, for me Liverpool have been uncatchable for a long period. People on here got a bit carried away. And the media needed to try and fabricate a title race. I am sure they will make the most of Liverpool's loss this weekend too! "Title race back on!"

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I never said they were, for me Liverpool have been uncatchable for a long period. People on here got a bit carried away. And the media needed to try and fabricate a title race. I am sure they will make the most of Liverpool's loss this weekend too! "Title race back on!"

I was referring to the fact that the media at some point earlier this year totally forgot about us when we were still in 2nd.

• Like 1

It's the day after the day and I've exhausted myself to the point where an entire weekend was almost ruined.

starting to feel better. I don't know how or why but I have the feeling the norwich game was a watershed moment.

A win in the FA cup followed by revenge against a villa side that lost today will save our season. We need to find

that confidence! gotta get behind rogers and the team to turn this around. if drastic measures have to be taken

than so be it. Thank god chelski, manure and spuds dropped points. I'm not going to get angry anymore at the

dispicable refereeing calls against us. Will see at the end of the season how those stack up and then I hope the club

makes a case for an investigation. N'didi is back and we just need vardy back scoring again!

• 4 months later...
On 29/02/2020 at 10:51, Oxfordfox83 said:

Ceirboy,

You are not a fan.

Revisiting the post this morning and it seems I could have written my posts this week. 
Enforced break aside, nothing has changed. 
And before anyone bangs on about losing momentum because of the break, we didn’t have any momentum to lose. 
Equally, I haven’t or didn’t forget how to do my job after weeks off, as I’m sure most of the posters on here didn’t either, so the assumption is they started back exactly where they left off and Brendan couldn’t get any spark back into them after all that time. 
Questions remain unanswered on him I’m afraid. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Revisiting the post this morning and it seems I could have written my posts this week. 
Enforced break aside, nothing has changed. 
And before anyone bangs on about losing momentum because of the break, we didn’t have any momentum to lose. 
Equally, I haven’t or didn’t forget how to do my job after weeks off, as I’m sure most of the posters on here didn’t either, so the assumption is they started back exactly where they left off and Brendan couldn’t get any spark back into them after all that time. 
Questions remain unanswered on him I’m afraid. 

You could have written your posts at any time, because they are the whinings of a bitter old man.

Your argument has, throughout, been that we’re now struggling because the players are paid too much and have too many nice things. That’s not the case. The issue is that Brendan has some serious limitations as a manager, and he’s not shown that he has any plans for overcoming them. 

The *only* thing in his favour is that the thing he did well (keep the momentum rolling early on) should buy him enough time to read a book called “stop buying central midfielders and playing them all over the pitch.”

9 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

You could have written your posts at any time, because they are the whinings of a bitter old man.

Your argument has, throughout, been that we’re now struggling because the players are paid too much and have too many nice things. That’s not the case. The issue is that Brendan has some serious limitations as a manager, and he’s not shown that he has any plans for overcoming them. 

The *only* thing in his favour is that the thing he did well (keep the momentum rolling early on) should buy him enough time to read a book called “stop buying central midfielders and playing them all over the pitch.”

Well, @Ceirboy does also have form for going on about Rodgers and his ego too. And he does like to quote himself and tell us how right he thinks he was. Curiously though, no posts between March 10th and July 5th - not that there are any laws about that, of course, and maybe there was good reason for that gap too. But generally, he has nothing positive to say, and anyone suggesting that the Mods are on a left wing crusade cannot be taken too seriously...

Edited by HighPeakFox

12 minutes ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Ha ha. I’m not sure 47 could ever be construed as old- possibly in the eyes of a mildly irritating teen though! 
My “whining”is well placed though I feel currently. 
At no other time in the future will these kids get a better chance of mixing it up with the big guns than they had this year, so instead of concentrating on that, one of the players was clearly more interested in getting side steps fitted to his car and getting it waxed in Wigston. 
It isn’t sour grapes, fill ya boots to all of them but at least look interested when on the pitch for the full time you are on there. 
I agree about Brendan though, he is not the Manager I thought he might be. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, @Ceirboy does also have form for going on about Rodgers and his ego too. And he does like to quote himself and tell us how right he thinks he was. Curiously though, no posts between March 10th and July 5th - not that there are any laws about that, of course, and maybe there was good reason for that gap too. But generally, he has nothing positive to say, and anyone suggesting that the Mods are on a left wing crusade cannot be taken too seriously...

Well during Lockdown and no Football I couldn’t be proven correct could I so just left alone until the big restart. 

1 minute ago, Ceirboy said:

If you aren’t ever going to be constructive in your replies

or engage in debate, then just don’t reply. 
It just looks like you have an axe to grind with me. 🙂

Don't try to gaslight me. Anyone can read your posting history and it makes absolutely clear what sort of contributor you are.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Yeah, I realise what your motivations are.

From what I saw of this forum during lockdown, very little new contributions were related to current teams and situations. 

Now you are just simply being strange. Look up my posts, argue them or don’t bother and ignore them. 
Don’t just reply because you don’t like me- of that I couldn’t careless.

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Don't try to gaslight me. Anyone can read your posting history and it makes absolutely clear what sort of contributor you are.

There you go again. No reasoning, no debate just being mildly rude about me because you don’t agree with words I’ve typed on a forum at some point. 
Says far more about you than I ever could. 

Edited by Ceirboy

3 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

There you go again. No reasoning, no debate just being mildly rude about me because you don’t agree with words I’ve typed on a forum at some point. 
Says far more about you than I ever could. 

I'm taking this no further, because, as i've said before and I maintain, you're disingenuous.