Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

12 points in 11 games

we just need to win a game. and score a few goals. 

i know that sounds daft but i'm pretty sure that if we beat norwich, we will probably win 3 or 4 of the 5 games after that and then we'll have qualified for europe and it'll all be ok. the issue is if we go 1-0 down on friday and they defend deep, i cannot see how we score. and then we just carry on, stuck in this rut from game to game and i can't see us finishing close to the top 4, let alone in it. 

• Like 3

Man Utd’s next 4 fixtures 

Everton A

Man C.  H

Spurs.   A

Sheff Utd H

With our next 4 we should of increased our points advantage over them leading into the final 7 games where they’ll probably be trying to make up possibly 10+ points out of only 21 just to get level with us. 
If after the next 4 games the gap has closed then we’ve had a disaster and they’ll of played out of their skins.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Am I right to assume you haven't been supporting the rollercoaster that is Leicester City for very long? 

As a 'tinter' I'm delighted with our points haul,league position and cushion.

Bar Liverpool/Man City please let me know who has been more consistent and would be worthy of your confidence and support?

Harlow Town was my first game at Filbert Street. 
And I’m guessing long before you were born? 

Edited by Ceirboy

Guest An Sionnach
16 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

we just need to win a game. and score a few goals. 

i know that sounds daft but i'm pretty sure that if we beat norwich, we will probably win 3 or 4 of the 5 games after that and then we'll have qualified for europe and it'll all be ok. the issue is if we go 1-0 down on friday and they defend deep, i cannot see how we score. and then we just carry on, stuck in this rut from game to game and i can't see us finishing close to the top 4, let alone in it. 

Norwich have conceded 51 goals already this season , so we are going to get multiple chances and some of them must surely go in.

7 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

So a long time to realise how good we've got it right now then?

Chill and enjoy, it's a tough league and there will be blips and twists n turns, as we've witnessed, especially with a very young developing squad.

We'll be fine, keep the faith!

Edited by Bluetintedspecs
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

I feel we're on the cusp of turning the corner. Nothing less than 3 points from Carrow Road though will be acceptable. 

We will not get 3 points from a game until at least the Brighton game. And even that is an ask. 
We flattered to deceive early on in the season. 
BR has his work cut out but I suspect that it becomes a lot harder when slightly better than average young men are turning up to work in £180k Lambos thinking their work is done. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Norwich have put in some good shifts against better opposition this season. Beating Man City, unlucky against Liverpool the other week and could of easily beaten spurs. Think we need to be more realistic than ‘anything less than 3 points unacceptable’. Would take a point now 👍

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

So a long time to realise how good we've got it right now then?

Chill and enjoy, it's a tough league and there will be blips and twists n turns, as we've witnessed, especially with a very young developing squad.

We'll be fine, keep the faith!

Yes but my point is we aren’t doing  anything different each game. We are meandering around the halfway line and passing sideways and backwards. No one is showing for it. No one is gambling . 
If this doesn’t change then the opponents don’t need to do anything other than watch the previous outing. 
Of course it’s great to see them in third place but what I’ve seen of late, they are only still there because the league is dross and not because they deserve to be. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Can we incorporate this into the FoxesTalk logo, or get it on some sort of banner at the top of every page? 

Maybe, but the sentences could be......banned/interesting now we know the meaning

24 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Yes but my point is we aren’t doing  anything different each game. We are meandering around the halfway line and passing sideways and backwards. No one is showing for it. No one is gambling . 
If this doesn’t change then the opponents don’t need to do anything other than watch the previous outing. 
Of course it’s great to see them in third place but what I’ve seen of late, they are only still there because the league is dross and not because they deserve to be. 

I bet you're a bundle of joy at parties 🤣

I'll stay "tinty" and enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf these posts over over the top themselves.

OP ain't saying we're going down.

Even though I posted above, postiviely, it's okay to worry about our form. We lost to Burnley, Southampton, Villa in recent weeks.

The "you can't criticise anything" posts are worse than OP.

Up the Foxes.

Hands down the most boring posts on this place. If you can't criticise anything then I simply don't see the point of a forum existing.

That's not to say I agree with all the critics but this shutting down of any debate is so ****ing boring.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ceirboy said:

And I’m guessing long before you were born? 

Ps I wish it was long before I was born, my first game at Filbert street was in 1969 (age 6) fella, and many many years of shit football has made me appreciate the values of supporting your team and knowing when we've got it good.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Hands down the most boring posts on this place. If you can't criticise anything then I simply don't see the point of a forum existing.

That's not to say I agree with all the critics but this shutting down of any debate is so ****ing boring.

And this viewpoint I find equally  boring too Dan, fair criticism is only to be expected and our form hasn't been great lately granted ( some v tough games though), no true fan likes losing games.

Countering overt negativity with a more positive slant ,in my opinion, isn't shutting down it's debating and providing an alternative opinion and outlook.

As for the leftist comment from the WUM above.....ridiculous.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Everyone’s perfectly fine to criticise recent performances and there’s no issue with that on a forum which should be about debate. 

However the crowds in the stadiums should be recognising that we are on the cusp of second ever greatest league position. These players have got us there, showing a run of form during this season which is absolutely unreal and not repeated by any Leicester team at this level. 

Its time to show a bit of faith back. Just 15/16, get behind them in the stands and push them over the line. Just like those 1-0’s. Probably the wrong place to put this but the atmosphere at the KP simply needs to be better. At best we finish second this season, so leave expectation at the door and get behind them

Hallelujah 

2 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

And this viewpoint I find equally  boring too Dan, fair criticism is only to be expected and our form hasn't been great lately granted ( some v tough games though), no true fan likes losing games.

Countering overt negativity with a more positive slant ,in my opinion, isn't shutting down it's debating and providing an alternative opinion and outlook.

As for the leftist comment from the WUM above.....ridiculous.

What comment? 
Kind of proves my point succinctly. 😊

Guest An Sionnach

Five of our team are as good as anything Liverpool have got , two others are not far behind , Liverpool are world champions so we have some good players you know . If we make a couple of clever signings , I see no reason at all why we can' t be even better next season and of course we will need to be.