Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

12 points in 11 games

3rd in the league with a 9 point gap from 5th, we've had a few injuries that have taken key players out of the squad and gone through a very congested period. In that time we also made it to the semi final of the Carabao Cup and still in the FA Cup.

Why don't you look at what we've achieved so far, and rethink how well our season has gone... it's far from disaster! Could you imagine the meltdown on here if we were near relegation zone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Haven’t you noticed how certain posters have reappeared? 

It’s the darker evenings. The Grim Reaper Sect love the long hours of darkness sitting in front of their lap-tops and Smart phones.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bazly said:

Now averaging a little over 1 point a game over a large part of the season, leaves us looking for the magic 40 points next season but if we scrape a European spot there might be too many games and just wear us out. We have looked largely flogged, knackered and meandering since mid-December. It always seems to happen when a manager gets given a bumper contract. Maybe it makes the players envious or the manager less motivated. I've given up on the BR after match talks as they seem to lack any idea on what to do other than wait for it to come right. 

Looking like BR could do with a suggestion box outside the KP.

If the remaining 11 games yield a similar return then I will be deeply concerned as it would equate to more than half a season and possibly a truer reflection of where we currently are than the first half of the season? It would certainly need some serious root cause analysis and planning on the future, even though we could increase our points return from little over a point a game to maybe 1.3 points per game and still qualify for the CL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceirboy said:

I don't want them anywhere near Europe's top teams if they play like they have been recently. You tinters seem to think because we are third, it's in the bag. It isn't in the bag and will very likely not be in the bag should they continue playing how they are.

Am I right to assume you haven't been supporting the rollercoaster that is Leicester City for very long? 

As a 'tinter' I'm delighted with our points haul,league position and cushion.

Bar Liverpool/Man City please let me know who has been more consistent and would be worthy of your confidence and support?

6 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

Am I right to assume you haven't been supporting the rollercoaster that is Leicester City for very long? 

As a 'tinter' I'm delighted with our points haul,league position and cushion.

Bar Liverpool/Man City please let me know who has been more consistent and would be worthy of your confidence and support?

:unsure: what's a tinter...

I`m old and quite scared...

edit I saw it references a term used by @Ceirboy

(so, what is it)

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

If you use the last five games as a form guide, we get 61 and only Spurs pass us with 62. 

Considering those last 5 games include 3 very tough games in Man City, Chelsea and Wolves (A), that's pretty good going. You'd expect us to at least see some upturn in PPG from here on out, especially once Ndidi is back, which should keep us in the clear.

1 minute ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I assume by not running round in a state of blind panic, a tinter, means you have Blue tinted specs 🤣🤣🤣

Maybe I need some new specs then, mine are a bit old

pearson-shades.thumb.PNG.0c6c0b2018ebce3f739946ba73c989e4.PNG

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Xen said:

Considering those last 5 games include 3 very tough games in Man City, Chelsea and Wolves (A), that's pretty good going. You'd expect us to at least see some upturn in PPG from here on out, especially once Ndidi is back, which should keep us in the clear.

And you consider Spurs are now without both Kane and Son, their only real goal scorers. That said Man Utd have improved in the last few games but it's still a huge amount of points to make up in the remaining 11 games, we really would need to continue to nosedive and then we'd have done so for 22 games which is more than half a season and in turn not deserve to be anywhere near troubling the top 4.

• Like 2

We should be alright considering the next run of games but this is where we need to make it count. Our last three games are against Sheffield Utd, Spurs and Man Utd. Momentum will be important. If those three have made a charge and are still in contention for Europe, I'd be nervous if we don't maintain a points gap. To be honest I wouldn't want to need any points from that final three games. 

• Like 3

I can understand people getting nervous but the only games we've looked terrible in were against Liverpool, 1 man city game and Norwich.  And wolves but they're really good too.

Look at Chelsea, villa, man city and we've been quite unlucky with ref decisions and the opposition scoring every shot.

We becoming spursy.

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

:unsure: what's a tinter...

I`m old and quite scared...

edit I saw it references a term used by @Ceirboy

(so, what is it)

Reading between the lines, I think a tinter is someone who wants the best for Leicester City, bears some kind of emotional attachment to the club which can lead them to believe they are a better or more interesting club than is objectively the case.

In simpler times, I think they’d have been referred to as fans...

• Haha 2

6 more points and this well be are 2nd most successful season in the PL era.

Get a grip people! 

Next season is going to more than likely see us in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE for the 2nd time in 4 years....

We have a net spend of £25m each season.

Edited by coolhandfox

Our next six league games will tell us a lot about where we are as a team.

After playing so well at the start of the season, producing a healthy lead over teams outside the top four, for that to slowly diminish, I can see why some fans are starting to become concerned. We’ve been bang average since the Christmas period, we haven’t been that great to watch, and some problems we saw last season are starting to creep in again.

We are very over-reliant on Jamie Vardy, Maddison’s form has dipped, Tielemans has been average for the majority of the season and Ndidi is a big miss. 

It’s about time this team started to react to average results and find some form again, hopefully that starts by beating Norwich.

• Like 1

One of the most worrying aspects of the last few weeks has been the number of game-defining late goals we’ve conceded.

Since 8 December we’ve played 14 games against Premier League teams. We’ve not managed to improve our result (ie turn a draw into a win or a loss into a draw) in the last 15 minutes of any of them but have managed to concede late winners to Southampton, Burnley, Aston Villa and Man City and a late equaliser against Everton. 

We were so strong in second halves earlier in the season but right now whether it’s a lack of

fitness, belief or character we can’t seem to see it out.

Perhaps this is a good thing as it shows we’re not far off but there’s a grim sense of inevitability about where the result is headed in tight games this season.