Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

12 points in 11 games

On 24/02/2020 at 11:43, Beechey said:

To put this down to any contract stuff is stupid. We have a relatively thin squad, didn't rotate much and played loads of games in December, it tired us out after going full pelt winning 8 games in a row and now form has dipped.

Really it's only the losses against Burnley and Southampton that are not expected results. Further losses against Man City (x2) and Liverpool and that's all of our really poor results. Expected draws against Chelsea and Wolves.

Our next 6 will show us what this team is made of, given it's all teams we should be beating given our position.

I liked your post as it is positive, and you are correct its results that matter, but I am finding it hard to look past the fact our performances have gone to crap.  Only the west ham game the players seemed to play with any passion.

I think 13 points. 
Everton away may go in their favour and draw at Watford. Will win the other 4 plus wins against Sheffield United and Bournemouth would be enough to get champions league. Do that and Manchester Untied and Spurs would need to win all their remaining games to have any chance of catching us. 

That would still allow us to lose 4 games. 

I think we will beat Norwich Friday. Let’s face it if we are serious top 4 challengers it’s a game we should win. 

• Haha 1

On 24/02/2020 at 18:48, Ceirboy said:

Yes but my point is we aren’t doing  anything different each game. We are meandering around the halfway line and passing sideways and backwards. No one is showing for it. No one is gambling . 
If this doesn’t change then the opponents don’t need to do anything other than watch the previous outing. 
Of course it’s great to see them in third place but what I’ve seen of late, they are only still there because the league is dross and not because they deserve to be. 

No I disagree...

we deserve to be where we are due to our early season form. If not for a few bad VAR decisions we’d have more points. 

but do agree the league has been “dross” in the respects that no one has been able to go on a sustained run other than Liverpool 

On 24/02/2020 at 18:34, Ceirboy said:

We will not get 3 points from a game until at least the Brighton game. And even that is an ask. 
We flattered to deceive early on in the season. 
BR has his work cut out but I suspect that it becomes a lot harder when slightly better than average young men are turning up to work in £180k Lambos thinking their work is done. 

Righto! / Right again Ceirboy 

Edited by Ceirboy

Some fans need to wake up .

Crap/ crap crap

Sorry for laughing at you Ceirboy. 
We just thought you were an old twat.

We are left leaning so just abused the fact you were 46 . Sorry for removing 30 percent of your posts that didn’t agree with us.

Yeah, thanks Foxestalk👍

Edited by Ceirboy
  • Like 1

It’s not even the 12 points from 12 games so much as the underlying numbers that concern me.

Rodgers has been here a year now and (he says awaiting a predictable backlash...) we’re no better now than when he took over.

Puel’s last few games in charge were met with fan outrage, a lot of in-fighting and general dismay. Of course we lost a cup game we should have won and he couldn’t get the best out of Vardy. Rodgers came in and breathed new life into this team, much as his three most recent predecessors had done.

But since the start of December, let’s make no mistake, we have been absolutely shit. Had we played like that all season we’d be battling relegation.

Puel’s last 12 games: 10 points (16.5 points based on xG). 

Rodgers last 12 games: 12 points (15.5 points based on xG).

Rodgers is lucky that our recent points return isn’t worse than it is.

The phrase “form is temporary but class is permanent” is often used to support a claim that a player/team are better than they are but when it comes to Rodgers’ Leicester it’s increasingly looking like the temporary form was October and November and the enduring “class” is exactly the same football we saw under Puel.

Edited by ttfn

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

It’s not even the 12 points from 12 games so much as the underlying numbers that concern me.

Rodgers has been here a year now and (he says awaiting a predictable backlash...) we’re no better now than when he took over.

Puel’s last few games in charge were met with fan outrage, a lot of in-fighting and generaldismay. Of course we lost a cup game we should have won and he couldn’t get the best out of Vardy. Rodgers came in and breathed new life into this team, much as his three most recent predecessors had done.

But since the start of December, let’s make no mistake, we have been absolutely shit. Had we played like that all season we’d be battling relegation.

Puel’s last 12 games: 10 points (16.5 points based on xG). 

Rodgers last 12 games: 12 points (15.5 points based on xG).

Rodgers is lucky that our recent points return isn’t worse than it is.

The phrase “form is temporary but class is permanent” is often used to support a claim that a player/team are better than they are but when it comes to Rodgers’ Leicester it’s increasingly looking like the temporary form was October and November and the enduring “class” is exactly the same football we saw under Puel.

Mate. We are done. 
Chelsea or Man U have our spot. 

1 minute ago, Kopfkino said:

Rodgers looks clueless to me, we're tepid and insipid creating absolutely nothing. Living off individuals being clinical for a handful of games earlier in the season. 

Don't give a ****, bin him if we bottle this

We are the most undeserving, Luke warm team in the league. 
Brendan has no answer to defeat

• Like 1

Something in the dressing  room has gone wrong since December.

....heads have been turned , moves have been discussed and planned....

....Brendan does not appear to be able to change the attitudes or get the team to work well.

..its still difficult to think we will be caught but even if we make it to CL can’t see us getting out of the group stages at this rate and our league performance will be compromised.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LestaAl said:

Something in the dressing  room has gone wrong since December.

....heads have been turned , moves have been discussed and planned....

....Brendan does not appear to be able to change the attitudes or get the team to work well.

..its still difficult to think we will be caught but even if we make it to CL can’t see us getting out of the group stages at this rate and our league performance will be compromised.

Yes,- And average 23 year olds are allowed £190k Lamborghinis