Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

12 points in 11 games

Now averaging a little over 1 point a game over a large part of the season, leaves us looking for the magic 40 points next season but if we scrape a European spot there might be too many games and just wear us out. We have looked largely flogged, knackered and meandering since mid-December. It always seems to happen when a manager gets given a bumper contract. Maybe it makes the players envious or the manager less motivated. I've given up on the BR after match talks as they seem to lack any idea on what to do other than wait for it to come right. 

Looking like BR could do with a suggestion box outside the KP.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mod hero said:

It is relegation form tbh however, some of the performances have been decent. If we play how we did at the weekend we will make the top 4 no problem 👍🏻

Its only relegation form if you don't consider the teams we've been playing. Take Man City and Liverpool out of that bunch (expected losses) and we've only lost 2 in 8 games with expected draws against Chelsea and Wolves.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

I don't see a drama really, the squad has just been exposed as lacking depth which we knew at the start of the season. 

We should almost certainly be in the CL next year which gives us a great opportunity to reinforce. As long as we do so intelligently we should be fine next year. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Beechey said:

To put this down to any contract stuff is stupid. We have a relatively thin squad, didn't rotate much and played loads of games in December, it tired us out after going full pelt winning 8 games in a row and now form has dipped.

Really it's only the losses against Burnley and Southampton that are not expected results. Further losses against Man City (x2) and Liverpool and that's all of our really poor results. Expected draws against Chelsea and Wolves.

Our next 6 will show us what this team is made of, given it's all teams we should be beating given our position.

Why can't it be the last 6 that have shown us what the team is made of? If we want to be at Europe's top table, then beating Norwich, Aston Villa and Brighton et al is not where our success will be measured!

Just now, Ceirboy said:

Why can't it be the last 6 that have shown us what the team is made of? If we want to be at Europe's top table, then beating Norwich, Aston Villa and Brighton et al is not where our success will be measured!

Maybe not, but it's where the points are gained.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Manini said:

This is how it starts, they’re coming, the BR out threads are coming mark my ****ing words. 

I don’t disagree with anything you’ve said above, but I also have absolutely no idea what point your trying to make either, that hasn’t already been spoken about elsewhere. 

Haven’t you noticed how certain posters have reappeared? 

• Like 1

We haven’t been on a great run but except wolves, I don’t think you can include the last three in that. Just before Christmas week and the Norwich reverse game, our performances did drop and led to some poor performances but we have picked up since then. It’s just unfortunate that the pick up in performances has coincided with a really tough run of fixtures. 

The next 5 are important and we need to have a better run of points collection. I think we’ve got the talent to finish top three and I also think the teams behind us all have faults which can be ignored when they’ve had a positive weekend and we haven’t. 

Combination of a lack of ambition in the transfer market, bad luck, the PL conspiracy to use VAR to stop us breaking up the cosy cartel again, an inflexible manager who doesn't seem to grasp that he isn't at Celtic anymore and cant set up every game as if we're playing Dog and Duck FC at home and having attacking players who cannot produce shots on target on a regular basis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Maybe not, but it's where the points are gained.

Yes, I know but to have some hope and a little faith that we aren't just going to be whipping boys, a few nicer results against the top echelons wouldn't go amiss. It's been a shit league this year ( as 40 points in 4th place will atest ) so relying on the relegation fodder for the points isn't showing much future promise to be fair.  For the record, I think we'll miss out on CL.

I am always wary about long contracts, and I was sceptical when we gave Rodgers a new contract (is it till 2025?). We basically did that on the back of a good half season.

Personally I think we're okay for the CL next season though and top 4 finish. People keep insuting we've got to look over our shoulder, instead of look forward, but not only do we require to constantly lose games then that also requires teams below us to win every games which won't happen. Look at Man United's next fixtures; Everton/Man City/Spurs/Sheffield Utd. Teams will be taking points from each other.

I think our upcoming home games, Villa/Brighton, are the easiest we could have picked. We played well against Man City, despite losing, and the points against Chelsea and Wolves were good points.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Rodgers out sack doris the tea lady. Sack the fecking builders and send Top packing. Sell all the players of and as for that cvnt on the gate fecking hang him.

Bring back Pearson ffs.

Yet nobody has suggested anything nearly as extreme as any of that. Just folk suggesting that recent results could be questioned for a team with top 4 aspirations.

• Like 2