Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

12 points in 11 games

Just now, Tuna said:

Rodgers is under pressure make no mistake. 

He’s under no pressure at all.

He leaves here he walks away with £40 million in the bank.

Edited by ttfn

Absolute disgrace.

We’ve been so poor for so long now and it’s time for the tough questions to be asked. The excuses and the leeway have been there: fatigue, busy schedule, tough fixtures. Not now.

Time for some accountability. Chilwell needs to sit in the stand for a few, give Justin a run for a while or the ever-dependable Fuchs. Maddison believes his own hype. Perez is too soft and blows hot and cold.

The problem is that we didn’t have a good transfer window and now don’t have the other options or the older heads to shake things up. So Brendan needs to find another way: no more nice guy and make an example of a couple otherwise the standards of the group will remain below par.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Rodgers looks clueless to me, we're tepid and insipid creating absolutely nothing. Living off individuals being clinical for a handful of games earlier in the season. 

Don't give a ****, bin him if we bottle this

If we dont make top 4 I would personally consider it a sackable offense, massive bottle job if it happens.

5 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

The past few seasons when we’ve hit this run of form we’ve sacked our manager. 

Last time we didn’t was under Pearson. Brendan needs to show what he’s made of.

Rodgers will get the entire season, we already 100% safe from relegation, and he has built a buffer with the early form, but there is no doubt in my mind he needs to prove himself, as we are in a big rut right now.  Winning 8 games in a row is easily forgotten when you get 1 ppg in the next 20 after it.

5 hours ago, Ceirboy said:

Please start to worry.

I'm not being funny and i have just read this thread and like yourself am pissed off - you have made MANY posts to also show this. :P But starting to worry? Hell no.. not yet. On checking we are still 3rd and my time of 'starting to worry' was a decade ago when we spent most of the time trying to stay out of the relegation spot. That was worry!

Lets not get carried away? Something has gone wrong, maybe ... does something need to change, yes of course, but end of the world is it not. 

(Excuse typos 3.30am and mucho wine)

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I'm not being funny and i have just read this thread and like yourself am pissed off - you have made MANY posts to also show this. :P But starting to worry? Hell no.. not yet. On checking we are still 3rd and my time of 'starting to worry' was a decade ago when we spent most of the time trying to stay out of the relegation spot. That was worry!

Lets not get carried away? Something has gone wrong, maybe ... does something need to change, yes of course, but end of the world is it not. 

(Excuse typos 3.30am and mucho wine)

Its that kind of attitude that let Germany invade Poland

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

image.png.885ca4627a24be576c78d8d622b69678.png

Not wanting to paper over the cracks or anything but it also shows that no team bar the top 2 are getting over 2pts a game even in a form table scenario. Lets say Man Utd have the same form as 3rd in the list ( Everton) until the end of the season, that gets them 60pts.

Dont get me wrong, we've been awful recently but even our current form of 1pt a game would be enough considering goal difference.

Generally speaking, I think the frustrating thing for me is that we have the fixtures to seal top 4 realistically by facing the fodder of the league before a potential FA Cup QF so we could have focused on that.

Now its going to have to be our strongest possible team in every game this season.

Since 14th December, Vardy has scored 1 goal in 9 games. In that time we’ve picked up 8 points. This is the problem, without a clinical Vardy firing on all cylinders, we’ve got no other real threat. 

- Nacho has improved but he’s not at the same level as Vards

- Pérez is a clever player but doesn’t scare the opposition (no pace)

- Barnes has the potential but seems devoid of confidence and has absolutely no relationship with Chilwell

- Maddison’s form has dipped. He seems too concerned with the ‘other side’ of football - posing, pissing about with his mates in Dubai / clubs in London. He doesn’t seem to want to graft to become the player he could be

Need a seriously good window in the summer. 

• Like 1

I’d like to see some anger from Rodgers - some sign he’s displeased with our form. He seems to be walking on eggshells every time he talks about it - as if he’s afraid of hurting anyone’s feelings. Stop making excuses and start making demands.

• Like 1

Currently, in our best set ups – and the ones Brendan clearly prefers – Ndidi and Vardy are massive players and have huge roles. 

When those two are injured or off-form, we struggle. That's something we need to correct over the summer.  

It's not all bad, though. We were pretty ordinary against Norwich and Wolves (never mind Burnley), but half decent against Man City and Chelsea. 

I also wouldn't under-estimate the psychological disappointment that the Villa semi-final might have had. Players love big stages and a Wembley final is a Wembley final. There's no way a night in London wasn't mentioned in the run up – then that little perk being snatched away from them.

It's still in our hands to get ourselves over the line and into the promised land of Champions League football. Hopefully last night acts as a wake-up call. Over the next weeks we will play teams fighting for their lives, so nothing will come free. 

More than anything though, we need Wilf and Vardy back at 100 per cent. 

Edited by HitchinFox
Hahaha. Freudian slip.

10 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Rodgers looks clueless to me, we're tepid and insipid creating absolutely nothing. Living off individuals being clinical for a handful of games earlier in the season. 

Don't give a ****, bin him if we bottle this

Bin him is harsh but it doesn’t look like he’s got another plan. 

We play football, knocking it about, without creating anything. We get in positions to cross but there’s nobody in the area, and we haven’t got anybody big enough to win crosses (not that our crosses are good anyway). His substitutions are strange, I couldn’t believe he brought Albrighton on. What is he going to do except cross the ball to nobody.

Like I said earlier this this thread, Rodgers shouldn’t have got a new contract based on half a season. Getting rid of him isn’t the way forwards, I don’t think, we’ve still overachieved to be in this position however performances are shit. I’d rather be 6th and playing well every week. 

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Bin him is harsh but it doesn’t look like he’s got another plan. 

We play football, knocking it about, without creating anything. We get in positions to cross but there’s nobody in the area, and we haven’t got anybody big enough to win crosses (not that our crosses are good anyway). His substitutions are strange, I couldn’t believe he brought Albrighton on. What is he going to do except cross the ball to nobody.

Like I said earlier this this thread, Rodgers shouldn’t have got a new contract based on half a season. Getting rid of him isn’t the way forwards, I don’t think, we’ve still overachieved to be in this position however performances are shit. I’d rather be 6th and playing well every week. 

It sounds like the reason he got that contract was because he wanted to speak to Arsenal.

Not really deserved but when you have a scenario of either lose the manager that’s got us to second or give him a new contract it was the best option.

Hopefully over time it will prove to be the righty decision.