Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ceirboy

Brendan Rogers

1 minute ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Honestly, I’ve never been a fan of Brendan.  But I’m not going to blame him or his management for this loss.  It seems that many in our team just have some psychological problems with confidence that it effects their play too much.  We, as usual, will blame the manager.

Well...yes? He gets paid an absolute **** ton of money to make sure that the players aren’t suffering with confidence issues. He needs to get a grip of that if that’s what he thinks is going on. He’s meant to be this shit hot man manager, why aren’t the players going out and wanting to run through brick walls for him? Why do they all look ****ing spent every game? Why are they consistently turning up and putting in half arsed performances? If he’s seeing what we’re seeing and continuing to pick the same players every week and not dropping them for bad performances then he’s either making some sort of weird protest to top for him to put his hand in his pocket for some new players or he’s just a ****ing idiot. 

**** me I’m annoyed after last night lol 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

Why do we expect him to do? The bashing by Liverpool drained a few players confidence / arrogance, we need to try and get that back ASAP

Also Vardy doesn’t seem the same player since his injury. When Vardys not firing we don’t win

Vardy's clearly never been full fit since his injury but regarding your last point it helps when we get the ball up to him and provide him with something.

Playing sideways and backwards sitting infront of our own penalty area isn't going to help Vardy and isn't going to help us win.

16 minutes ago, Sionnach gorm said:

Honestly, I’ve never been a fan of Brendan.  But I’m not going to blame him or his management for this loss.  It seems that many in our team just have some psychological problems with confidence that it effects their play too much.  We, as usual, will blame the manager.

No such issues signing for Lamborghinis and AMG G wagons and then driving around in them with windows down so we can who they are. 
Football is too easy now, young players don’t want it anymore.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Don’t want to see this turn into a Rodgers bashing session and trying to look at it pragmatically but this is akin to a lot of the criticism he faced latterly at Celtic and from what I believe at Liverpool.

The obvious difference to when he was at my club is he’s in a better league, with better opposition and sharper managers who have sussed out how Leicester play and as such can negate it.

He is reverting to type and sticking to his one dimensional way of playing when it’s so obvious teams have worked out how to neutralise it. He got away with this stubbornness in Scotland as our players were so much better than the rest and we still won games latterly in spite of this, despite it being a tough watch. 

Watching the match last night with the blind faith in passing the ball side to side constantly would put you to sleep and it was obvious bar the Iheancho goal you could have played all night and not scored.

Real top managers can adapt and keep their opposing counterparts guessing in terms of style, approach and tactics. Unless Rodgers realises this and adapts quickly this could go sour as I don’t have a lot of faith in him being able to turn this around via the transfer market where he seems to struggle everywhere he’s been.

Some really good points. He's discovering that things which were sussed (but that he got away with) in Scotland, will come at a heavy price in this division. He'll either rethink some of his core ideas - something managers do all the time, of course - or this will get worse.

And I honestly can't grasp where the notion comes from that this is a more entertaining brand of football. Maybe as a City fan I've been spoilt by strong, hard-working, quick and direct teams for too long, but this turgid, conservative, slow build-up play is awful. And it always seems to happen when managers take over sides, introduce lovely flowing football, and then get figured out. Instead of mixing up their play, they opt for possession for possession's sake. I'm sick to death of seeing a forward ball available, in space - not even a long ball - and someone instead turn back towards their own goal.

Whoever it was that said we needed to become a possession-based side in order to sustain success - an absolute obsession since 2016 - has a lot to answer for. The reason we couldn't sustain our success was an ageing side, massively out-of-form star players, poor recruitment and the loss of a star man. Not that we needed less pace, less strength and to be playing 30 passes and giving the ball away seven or eight times before we got over the half-way line. Possession-based tippy-tappy football works if you're the richest side in the world and have the players to play it. Everyone else has to learn to graft, battle, and make chances however the hell they can.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Seems strange that vardy has got a grade 1 calf strain but is 'definitely' back for Monday. 

Got the flu and the club dont want any panic?

You'd assume Grade 1 is bad but Grade 1 is the least severe, Grade 2 or 3 are more severe, a Grade 1 usually heals within a week or two.

But Vardy hasn't been fit since his earlier injury so I just hope the club and him get it right so he's firing on all cylinders, then we've just gotta get over this shitty sideways, not moving forward to provide Vardy with anything bullshit.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

You'd assume Grade 1 is bad but Grade 1 is the least severe, Grade 2 or 3 are more severe, a Grade 1 usually heals within a week or two.

But Vardy hasn't been fit since his earlier injury so I just hope the club and him get it right so he's firing on all cylinders, then we've just gotta get over this shitty sideways, not moving forward to provide Vardy with anything bullshit.

I've done a grade 1 and I know it's the least bad. They typically take 1-2 weeks though hence my suprise hes 'definitely' back. Interesting choice of phrase.

Edited by Abrasive fox

1 minute ago, Matt said:

When he plays we need to put more balls over the top.  This forces their defenders and mids back

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

I've done a grade 1 and I know it's the least bad. They typically take 1-2 weeks though hence my suprise hes 'definitely' back. Interesting choice of phrase.

Could it be that he already had the injury and played through it against Man City?

8 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Agreed, the word 'definitely' shouldn't have been used but it'll be a will be a week and 3 days (Yesterday to next Monday), so call it a week and a half.

We don't know when exactly it happened so it could well be nearly 2 weeks come next Monday.

All cases are different and a week to two are only guidelines but it's well with the realms to say he should be ready, as I said to use the word 'definitely' is perhaps wrong but it's nit picking really.

As I said earlier though he's clearly not been fully fit since his last injury so as important as he is to us (Or is he in this negative style, providing very little for him anyway) i'd rather give him longer than needed out to get him back fully fit, not carrying any injuries.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Agreed, the word 'definitely' shouldn't have been used but it'll be a yesterday to next Monday will be a week and 3 days, so call it a week and a half.

We don't know when exactly it happened so it could well be nearly 2 weeks come next Monday.

All cases a different and a week to two are only guidelines but it's well with the realms that he should be ready, as I said to use the word 'definitely' is perhaps wrong but it's nit picking really.

Definitely am not picking but there have been a few weird choices of phrase by brendan recently and then some equally weird explanations after 

34 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Don’t want to see this turn into a Rodgers bashing session and trying to look at it pragmatically but this is akin to a lot of the criticism he faced latterly at Celtic and from what I believe at Liverpool.

The obvious difference to when he was at my club is he’s in a better league, with better opposition and sharper managers who have sussed out how Leicester play and as such can negate it.

He is reverting to type and sticking to his one dimensional way of playing when it’s so obvious teams have worked out how to neutralise it. He got away with this stubbornness in Scotland as our players were so much better than the rest and we still won games latterly in spite of this, despite it being a tough watch. 

Watching the match last night with the blind faith in passing the ball side to side constantly would put you to sleep and it was obvious bar the Iheancho goal you could have played all night and not scored.

Real top managers can adapt and keep their opposing counterparts guessing in terms of style, approach and tactics. Unless Rodgers realises this and adapts quickly this could go sour as I don’t have a lot of faith in him being able to turn this around via the transfer market where he seems to struggle everywhere he’s been.

To be fair to Rodgers he adjusted things in November and early December when we started to struggle to break teams down and we continued to get results. This notion he has no plan B isn't strictly true, it's just whatever else he tries at the minute isn't getting results. 

I liked the fact we went a bit more direct vs Man City with Iheanacho and Vardy up top but with Vardy being injured yesterday we had to go back to 4-1-4-1 which showed Kelechi just cannot lead the line on his own, we needed Perez or Barnes up top with him and Maddison closer to the space in between.

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair to Rodgers he adjusted things in November and early December when we started to struggle to break teams down and we continued to get results. This notion he has no plan B isn't strictly true, it's just whatever else he tries at the minute isn't getting results. 

I liked the fact we went a bit more direct vs Man City with Iheanacho and Vardy up top but with Vardy being injured yesterday we had to go back to 4-1-4-1 which showed Kelechi just cannot lead the line on his own, we needed Perez or Barnes up top with him and Maddison closer to the space in between.

It’s more approach and style of play I mean as opposed to specific systems. It’s obvious how Leicester are going to play from the outset and teams seem to have cottoned on to it. Even at 0-1 last night it was the same side to side stuff and recycling possession when the kitchen sink should have been getting flung at the side with the worst defence in the league.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

.. OK, so you saw it.. why didn't Rodgers!!